Cheese Sandwich

Case Keenum 2017 Season Outlook

Looks like two of the injured starters were practicing again. Their starting LT however is most likely going to miss this week. Still in a walking boot.

Any believers in Case in Green Bay in the nighttime game where it will be 10 degrees with 10-15mph winds this week?

51 minutes ago, bcan32 said:

Any believers in Case in Green Bay in the nighttime game where it will be 10 degrees with 10-15mph winds this week?

I've been rolling with Case for the last 5 weeks and he hasn't disappointed but I did grab Bortles as insurance.  If it's really cold/windy then i'd be concerned they run the ball a lot more than they would normally.  Hard to go against Keenum the way he's been throwing though.

5 hours ago, bcan32 said:

minus 5 wind/chill conditions ... and how much offense is Green Bay gonna generate with Adams (Hundley's favorite) likely sidelined?

shades of last week's game script vs Cincy - better hope Case does it early and often, because that cue can go in the rack early, and we may see Teddy again in mop up duty. 

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

minus 5 wind/chill conditions ... and how much offense is Green Bay gonna generate with Adams (Hundley's favorite) likely sidelined?

shades of last week's game script vs Cincy - better hope Case does it early and often, because that cue can go in the rack early, and we may see Teddy again in mop up duty. 

Exactly what I am saying to people trying to decide between Keenum and other guys like Foles/Bortles. 

2 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

17 deprees in GB tonight.   Anyone concerned about the weather for Keenum?

I don't think so.  Green Bay's secondary has been down right awful, but it could be a lower scoring game as the Pack might not score enough.

6 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

17 deprees in GB tonight.   Anyone concerned about the weather for Keenum?

Nope. Green Bay is getting absolutely blasted. Check out the Game Logs.

No Davante Adams and no Rodgers? Rhodes on Jordy? Brett Hundley. This is going to get UGLY.

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Nope. Green Bay is getting absolutely blasted. Check out the Game Logs.

No Davante Adams and no Rodgers? Rhodes on Jordy? Brett Hundley. This is going to get UGLY.

I pray Thielen doesn’t go off and put me down 30 after one player. 

I've got Thielen in one final, I'm going against him in the other. I'm hoping for a solid but not spectacular game I guess.....

I wouldn't expect offensive fireworks from either team honestly. 24-10 Minnesota final.

Haven't agonized over a QB decision like this in quite some time.  So many positives to this matchup, but the weather and game script possibilities are clouding the situation.

My only issue is this becomes a blowout early and they put bridgewater in last qtr for reps which means keenum may not get enough pass attempts

I think those of you that think this is going to be a 30-0 game or whatever are really underrating Green Bay, especially at home. I think the vikings win, but pump the brakes a little =) 

3 hours ago, goincommando said:

Haven't agonized over a QB decision like this in quite some time.  So many positives to this matchup, but the weather and game script possibilities are clouding the situation.

Same here. Think I’m just rolling with Keenum though. If it’s a blowout I’m hoping Keenum already got his. 

I’m in the same dilemma.... I’m worried about keenum a little but I feel he still will get his. I have bortles on my bench but idk the deal w/ fournette back too. I’m confident in keenum tonight regardless he has way too many weapons not to score 

Saturday’s cold will be new experience for Vikings QB Case Keenum

“I’m going to have a plan, as far as what I’m going to wear, but other than that it’s football; it’s cold for everybody,” Keenum said Thursday. “We’ve got to go out and execute.”

The high temperature for Green Bay, Wis., is forecast to be 19 degrees on Saturday, but according to weather.com, it could be minus-1 Fahrenheit by the time the game kicks off at 7:30 p.m. at Lambeau Field,

Asked Thursday how many below-zero games he’s played in, Keenum said, “None.”

And the coldest game he’s ever played in?

“Seattle,” he said. “It was snowing that game.”

That was Dec. 27, 2015, and Keenum completed 14 of 23 passes for 103 yards, including a 28-yard touchdown to Kenny Britt, in a 23-17 Rams victory. Game-time temperature: 37 degrees. In a 24-3 loss in Seattle last season, Keenum was 0 for 2 in relief of Jared Goff. It was 36 degrees at kickoff.

“Throwing, it’s fine, you just have to keep your hands as warm as you can,” Keenum said. “But it’s football, it’s about mechanics, throwing and catching, having good feet and making the right decisions.”

https://www.twincities.com/2017/12/21/saturdays-cold-will-be-new-experience-for-vikings-qb-case-keenum/

screw that i'm starting him lots of short passes to the rb'te and thielen to move the chains and let them get yacs

I'm rolling him. I have options but nowhere close to this matchup. Dude is surrounded by players who have played in this type of extreme cold and produced. The team around him is a big part of his allure this year imo.

An unmitigated disaster. Everything we feared about game flow came true. I will be lucky to win the championship with this mistake, gonna need at least one monster performance, if not two.