Sign in to follow this  
jgreen

Geronimo Allison 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

"Geronimo Allison caught 3-of-5 targets for 24 yards in Week 2 against the Falcons.

Allison played 61-of-76 snaps with Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb leaving early. He didn't do much with the expanded role, and was targeted on Aaron Rodgers’ interception. Allison would start opposite Davante Adams if one of Nelson or Cobb doesn't get cleared. He's one of this week's top pickups."
 
Next man up? He played a lot of snaps last night and got 5 targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Jordy misses time, he might be worth a look. If not, he's waiver wire material. He played out of necessity last night but also seemed to pull up short/miscommunication on Rodgers interception as was noted by Collinsworth on the broadcast. That kind of stuff gets you in ARod's doghouse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Sounds like Jordy and Cobb will play so this guy doesn't have value.  If you are in a dynasty league though i think this guy will be gold in a couple years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kyle87 said:

 Sounds like Jordy and Cobb will play so this guy doesn't have value.  If you are in a dynasty league though i think this guy will be gold in a couple years. 

So his walk year he'll be massive....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hard1 said:

So his walk year he'll be massive....

Yeah Packers never re-sign receivers good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deep league, DFS punt option. Still #4 at best on the passing totem pole, but with Aaron Rodgers that's enough to get you something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, '71 Bucks said:

Deep league, DFS punt option. Still #4 at best on the passing totem pole, but with Aaron Rodgers that's enough to get you something 

If he’s open he’ll get the ball.  Rodgers is an equal opportunity qb.  If you’re open and he trusts you, the ball will come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, iheartrubio said:

If he’s open he’ll get the ball.  Rodgers is an equal opportunity qb.  If you’re open and he trusts you, the ball will come. 

 

I'm not 100% sure he trusts Allison is the thing. They had a miscommunication that led to a pick last week. Like I said, he's probably worth a play in a deeper league but he doesn't have the chemistry with Rodgers that Jordy or Adams do, especially when the play breaks down. Which is often the way Rodgers extends plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

 

I'm not 100% sure he trusts Allison is the thing. They had a miscommunication that led to a pick last week. Like I said, he's probably worth a play in a deeper league but he doesn't have the chemistry with Rodgers that Jordy or Adams do, especially when the play breaks down. Which is often the way Rodgers extends plays. 

This is true.  Also, I feel that Geronimo works better in the slot but that's where Jordy is going from what I hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t be surprised if deangelo yancey gets the call to the active roster. They have so many other players hurt right now. It will be surprising to see how they do things as they didn’t practice today but have a short one tomorrow. 

 

Allison came from nowhere last year, started the ATL game, and was extremely productive. 

 

Also, maybe the give williams a few carries and put montgomery somewhere? Just speculating here with the injuries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, '71 Bucks said:

 

I'm not 100% sure he trusts Allison is the thing. They had a miscommunication that led to a pick last week. Like I said, he's probably worth a play in a deeper league but he doesn't have the chemistry with Rodgers that Jordy or Adams do, especially when the play breaks down. Which is often the way Rodgers extends plays. 

 

He trusted him with the division on the line wk 17 at DET last year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if deangelo yancey gets the call to the active roster. They have so many other players hurt right now. It will be surprising to see how they do things as they didn’t practice today but have a short one tomorrow. 

 

Allison came from nowhere last year, started the ATL game, and was extremely productive. 

 

Also, maybe the give williams a few carries and put montgomery somewhere? Just speculating here with the injuries

They are 2 injuries away from Yancey.   Even if it comes to that, they may go to Dupre or McCaffery.  Yes, they left, but they are on other practice squads right now.  Both showed more than Yancey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Dude balled out for 120+ yds  and not a peep in here? Is everyone just assuming he becomes a non factor once Cobb is back?

 

72 of those yards came on one catch in OT.  Allison is a good WR and I hope he continues to develop.  But he will fade once Cobb comes back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dre said:

 

72 of those yards came on one catch in OT.  Allison is a good WR and I hope he continues to develop.  But he will fade once Cobb comes back.

I understand that, but he got a lot of it with YAC, and at some point you have give the man credit for making a game winning play. He had the 2nd most targets on the team with 8 (1 behind Jordy) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I understand that, but he got a lot of it with YAC, and at some point you have give the man credit for making a game winning play. He had the 2nd most targets on the team with 8 (1 behind Jordy) 

 

He did make a game winning play.  However, it looked like the CB released him because maybe he thought he had help from the safety over the top.  So, really, any WR in the NFL should have been able to make the exact same play Allison did.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Dude balled out for 120+ yds  and not a peep in here? Is everyone just assuming he becomes a non factor once Cobb is back?

 

Pretty much or maybe it's not much value in rostering him given that GB has a ton of pass catchers; it's like rostering Inman or coleman in a 12man league If u have the space to stash then do so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Rodgers targeted him because that is what the bengals gave him. The bengals played good D on Jordy, ty, and Adams. Therefore, Allison had favorable coverage. I wouldn’t bank on a repeat, but he’s a speculative add and a WR3 In a pinch as long as Cobb is out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cobb injury might be fairly serious. I’d pick this guy up. Rodgers 3rd receiver has a history of producing many TDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.