Sign in to follow this  
jgreen

Geronimo Allison 2017 Season Outlook

"Geronimo Allison caught 3-of-5 targets for 24 yards in Week 2 against the Falcons.

Allison played 61-of-76 snaps with Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb leaving early. He didn't do much with the expanded role, and was targeted on Aaron Rodgers’ interception. Allison would start opposite Davante Adams if one of Nelson or Cobb doesn't get cleared. He's one of this week's top pickups."

Next man up? He played a lot of snaps last night and got 5 targets.

If Jordy misses time, he might be worth a look. If not, he's waiver wire material. He played out of necessity last night but also seemed to pull up short/miscommunication on Rodgers interception as was noted by Collinsworth on the broadcast. That kind of stuff gets you in ARod's doghouse. 

Sounds like Jordy and Cobb will play so this guy doesn't have value.  If you are in a dynasty league though i think this guy will be gold in a couple years. 

Just now, Kyle87 said:

Sounds like Jordy and Cobb will play so this guy doesn't have value.  If you are in a dynasty league though i think this guy will be gold in a couple years. 

So his walk year he'll be massive....

6 hours ago, hard1 said:

So his walk year he'll be massive....

Yeah Packers never re-sign receivers good point.

Deep league, DFS punt option. Still #4 at best on the passing totem pole, but with Aaron Rodgers that's enough to get you something 

1 hour ago, '71 Bucks said:

Deep league, DFS punt option. Still #4 at best on the passing totem pole, but with Aaron Rodgers that's enough to get you something 

If he’s open he’ll get the ball.  Rodgers is an equal opportunity qb.  If you’re open and he trusts you, the ball will come. 

1 minute ago, iheartrubio said:

If he’s open he’ll get the ball.  Rodgers is an equal opportunity qb.  If you’re open and he trusts you, the ball will come. 

I'm not 100% sure he trusts Allison is the thing. They had a miscommunication that led to a pick last week. Like I said, he's probably worth a play in a deeper league but he doesn't have the chemistry with Rodgers that Jordy or Adams do, especially when the play breaks down. Which is often the way Rodgers extends plays. 

34 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

I'm not 100% sure he trusts Allison is the thing. They had a miscommunication that led to a pick last week. Like I said, he's probably worth a play in a deeper league but he doesn't have the chemistry with Rodgers that Jordy or Adams do, especially when the play breaks down. Which is often the way Rodgers extends plays. 

This is true.  Also, I feel that Geronimo works better in the slot but that's where Jordy is going from what I hear.

I wouldn’t be surprised if deangelo yancey gets the call to the active roster. They have so many other players hurt right now. It will be surprising to see how they do things as they didn’t practice today but have a short one tomorrow. 

Allison came from nowhere last year, started the ATL game, and was extremely productive. 

Also, maybe the give williams a few carries and put montgomery somewhere? Just speculating here with the injuries

5 hours ago, '71 Bucks said:

He trusted him with the division on the line wk 17 at DET last year...

4 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if deangelo yancey gets the call to the active roster. They have so many other players hurt right now. It will be surprising to see how they do things as they didn’t practice today but have a short one tomorrow. 

Allison came from nowhere last year, started the ATL game, and was extremely productive. 

Also, maybe the give williams a few carries and put montgomery somewhere? Just speculating here with the injuries

They are 2 injuries away from Yancey.   Even if it comes to that, they may go to Dupre or McCaffery.  Yes, they left, but they are on other practice squads right now.  Both showed more than Yancey.

10 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Dude balled out for 120+ yds  and not a peep in here? Is everyone just assuming he becomes a non factor once Cobb is back?

72 of those yards came on one catch in OT.  Allison is a good WR and I hope he continues to develop.  But he will fade once Cobb comes back.

1 minute ago, dre said:

72 of those yards came on one catch in OT.  Allison is a good WR and I hope he continues to develop.  But he will fade once Cobb comes back.

I understand that, but he got a lot of it with YAC, and at some point you have give the man credit for making a game winning play. He had the 2nd most targets on the team with 8 (1 behind Jordy) 

1 minute ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I understand that, but he got a lot of it with YAC, and at some point you have give the man credit for making a game winning play. He had the 2nd most targets on the team with 8 (1 behind Jordy) 

He did make a game winning play.  However, it looked like the CB released him because maybe he thought he had help from the safety over the top.  So, really, any WR in the NFL should have been able to make the exact same play Allison did.  

3 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Dude balled out for 120+ yds  and not a peep in here? Is everyone just assuming he becomes a non factor once Cobb is back?

Pretty much or maybe it's not much value in rostering him given that GB has a ton of pass catchers; it's like rostering Inman or coleman in a 12man league If u have the space to stash then do so. 

I think Rodgers targeted him because that is what the bengals gave him. The bengals played good D on Jordy, ty, and Adams. Therefore, Allison had favorable coverage. I wouldn’t bank on a repeat, but he’s a speculative add and a WR3 In a pinch as long as Cobb is out.

Cobb injury might be fairly serious. I’d pick this guy up. Rodgers 3rd receiver has a history of producing many TDs.