smeeze

Alex Collins 2017 Season Outlook

I think the best option for Collins owners is to hope he has a big week this week (without any fumbles) then trade him at a high point and take what you can get.

Let someone else own him when he fumbles twice in a game and we never hear from him again....

6 minutes ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

I think the best option for Collins owners is to hope he has a big week this week (without any fumbles) then trade him at a high point and take what you can bliget.

Let someone else own him when he fumbles twice in a game and we never hear from him again....

But what if this week is the week he fumbles twice... imho all this coach talk about him fumbling and emphasizing it publicly is probably putting a lot of pressure on Alex. This being a reoccurring theme he obviously knows its his Achilles heel and its kind of like rubbing it in... sometimes having it on your mind all the time affects you negatively because you over think it and end up doing what you are trying so hard not to do.  

6 hours ago, Hellfire Snail said:

I've always felt that the standard fumble=death penalty philosophy has been bizarre. I suppose coaches take such a hard stance because they feel that if they don't then RBs won't cling the ball for dear life.

But look at Hunt on opening night. Fumbles immediately in his first game ever, Reid puts him right back in and the guy bursts into flame and becomes a god. What if he had benched him and gave him the silent treatment all night to prove a point?

You definitely have a valid point, and I agree with a lot of what you say, but if I recall, Hunt and Collins are two different tales.. Hunt had just one fumble on over 800 touches while playing at Toledo, while Collins on the other hand has had a notorious history for fumbling.  I only want the best for Collins, and would love to see him take off and become a complete/reliable back, but his ball control is a legitimate concern.

I picked him up for potential and upside, but will have to see how it all pans out, and I will be ready to cut ties if needed.

This years Ajayi or Jordan Howard?? Both came on about this time last year...

and mid the ravens have a way better defense

5 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

This years Ajayi or Jordan Howard?? Both came on about this time last year...

and mid the ravens have a way better defense

giphy.gif

50 minutes ago, Kyle87 said:

So anyone worried about him fumbling? 

Of course. That is really the only major downside to him (well I guess you can add that the Ravens team looks like poop). The only one stopping Collins from taking over this backfield is...Collins himself.

8 hours ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

I think the best option for Collins owners is to hope he has a big week this week (without any fumbles) then trade him at a high point and take what you can get.

Problem is you wouldn't get much value for him, even if he did have a big game. 

Just now, gimme the ball said:

Problem is you wouldn't get much value for him, even if he did have a big game. 

Would have to be part of a package to a RB needy team

but let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves here

He just got dropped in a 12 team standard league, from Brees owner, in order to grab a QB

is he flex worthy this week ?

or you guys are just holding on your bench and praying he doesnt fumble ?

I have rischard matthews on my flex, but if its Cassel i may add him over aaron jones and plug him ...

4 minutes ago, konstao said:

He just got dropped in a 12 team standard league, from Brees owner, in order to grab a QB

is he flex worthy this week ?

or you guys are just holding on your bench and praying he doesnt fumble ?

I have rischard matthews on my flex, but if its Cassel i may add him over aaron jones and plug him ...

This has nothing to do with his season outlook.

Assistant coach forum where people dont mind talking about your fantasy teams is where your post belongs.

Is West the de facto GL back, or was he given that role by default? 

I'm not sure any coach would give a known fumbler GL carries especially in a pivotal point in the game.

And if that's the case, it probably means Collins will be part of a 3-way and not in a good way either...

2 minutes ago, Newtown said:

Is West the de facto GL back, or was he given that role by default? 

I'm not sure any coach would give a known fumbler GL carries especially in a pivotal point in the game.

And if that's the case, it probably means Collins will be part of a 3-way and not in a good way either...

I could be wrong, but I honestly think Collins is the defacto 1st, 2nd and GL back. Until/if he fumbles. Then we won't see him again.

But in all seriousness, if he can get through the next couple games without putting the ball on the ground we'll be looking at a workhorse back. A fumble here and there after that we should still be ok. We'll see if that happens.

4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Have to get to the GL first, which Baltimore has been incapable of doing

Good point. But I think they will move the ball more consistently if Collins receives more fumble free touches.

1 hour ago, Sonny_D said:

I could be wrong, but I honestly think Collins is the defacto 1st, 2nd and GL back. Until/if he fumbles. Then we won't see him again.

But in all seriousness, if he can get through the next couple games without putting the ball on the ground we'll be looking at a workhorse back. A fumble here and there after that we should still be ok. We'll see if that happens.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. He has been so much better than West and Buck on the ground I can't imagine an offense that has been so stagnant, and is predicated on being able to run the ball, not giving him a chance to take over the rushing duties. I think Buck has pretty clearly carved out the passing down role (which shouldn't affect Collins' value much in standard leagues), but if Collins continues running the ball well and doesn't fumble I don't see why they wouldn't give him at least some of the goal line opportunities as well. It's not like they are significantly invested and West and feel obligated to incorporate him into the offense. 

Alex Collins reminds me a bit of Jay Ajayi last season. Both RBs had a lackluster veteran ahead of them to start the season (Foster and West). Both were on low scoring, offensively ineffective teams. Both were in the coaches doghouse for different reasons (bad attitude and fumbling). Both had enormous talent that was largely ignored by their coaches. Both were given a shot when their offenses hit rock bottom. Both made it to the top of their depth charts.

Ajayi took off and never looked back.

Collins?

7 minutes ago, Newtown said:

Alex Collins reminds me a bit of Jay Ajayi last season. Both RBs had a lackluster veteran ahead of them to start the season (Foster and West). Both were on low scoring, offensively ineffective teams. Both were in the coaches doghouse for different reasons (bad attitude and fumbling). Both had enormous talent that was largely ignored by their coaches. Both were given a shot when their offenses hit rock bottom. Both made it to the top of their depth charts.

Ajayi took off and never looked back.

Collins?

Ajayi has been looking back all season.