smeeze

Alex Collins 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, ninjacookies said:

The whole Ravens backfield are JAGs. Collins was due for a good week. I had no choice but to start him with Gurley out and I'm happy with the results from Collins. But no way in hell im keeping him in my line up. I'll be dropping him next week. 

You don't sound like you're very good at fantasy football.

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

I wouldn't classify some guy picked off the waivers that high of a sell

Aaron Jones? Evan Engram? ASJ? Will Fuller?

Edited by ponza88

4 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Aaron Jones? Evan Engram? ASJ? Will Fuller?

did you even read what I quoted? sending collins for corey davis isn't selling high

1 hour ago, ninjacookies said:

He had one good game which had a favorable game script. He's in a time share backfield that's in a mess. He gets no looks in the receiving game. Who cares about his YPC its doing nothing for him to become a reliable fantasy starter. He doesn't score TDs and and doesn't do anything in the receiving game. Easy pass.

Image result for boo this man gif

Easy pass?  You're either really good at trolling or really bad at fantasy.  

He's had 10+ touches the last 4 games, culminating in a nice 20 touch 143 yard game last night. And more importantly 0 fumbles in those 4 games.  He did that against one of the better run defenses in the league who had 8 men in the box nearly all night.

He's clearly not JAG.  Just needs to hang on to the ball and he'll hang onto the lion's share of the touches.

Edited by Gabbed

On 10/25/2017 at 4:11 PM, CrastersCreep said:

I’ve got a weird feeling about him. I keep

trying to drop him but can’t bring myself

to do it. His playoff schedule is also juicy. I think he’s got a chance when the ravens have nothing to play for and decide to see what happens when they give him 20-25 carries a game. 

Once guy I keep trying to help you guys and I just get made fun of 

38 minutes ago, Gabbed said:

Image result for boo this man gif

Easy pass?  You're either really good at trolling or really bad at fantasy.  

He's had 10+ touches the last 4 games, culminating in a nice 20 touch 143 yard game last night. And more importantly 0 fumbles in those 4 games.  He did that against one of the better run defenses in the league who had 8 men in the box nearly all night.

He's clearly not JAG.  Just needs to hang on to the ball and he'll hang onto the lion's share of the touches.

This simply isn't accurate. The Dolphins didn't have 8 in the box until late, unless I'm wrong. Can we get confirmation on this? And how good is this Dolphins front? Supposedly they're top-ranked, but were they slacking off and giving up last night? 

21 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

This simply isn't accurate. The Dolphins didn't have 8 in the box until late, unless I'm wrong. Can we get confirmation on this? And how good is this Dolphins front? Supposedly they're top-ranked, but were they slacking off and giving up last night? 

What's not true about it?  Dolphins were the 10th ranked run defense going into last night.  And you think they weren't stacking the box against Flacco and especially Mallet?  Get outta here.

29 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

Ok... The Dolphins either played 8 man in the box or were in base personnel nearly all of the night*

All night, as an absolute, wasn't meant to be accurate... it was meant to be an exaggeration... but whatever.

The Dolphins 3rd LB (in this case Maualuga) played the most snaps they've played all year, by a healthy margin, at 73.8%.

The Dolphins 3rd CB (in this case McCain) a season low at 27.7%.

The Dolphins were selling out to stop the run and still couldn't stop Collins.

Edited by Gabbed

7th in the league in rushing yards (he didn't play week 1-- so don't give me the he's played the Thursday game in week 8)

Leading the league in ypc. 

Getting more and more touches every week, even when scripts go against him. 

Caught his first two passes this week. Showing he's not guaranteed to be a total ghost in that column moving forward. 

Was in on the goalline even if JH was dumb enough to use gimmick handoffs to Allen. Allen fumbled after insistence he was the only RB to use. Collins rush from the 6 or so, was beastly, even if he lost the ball after getting forced out at the 1.

Sounds like a JAG situation, all should avoid. 

There is so much salt in here. Fantasy is won with patience. Those of you who dropped him because of impatience should accept that you screwed up. Its obvious you are downplaying his performance to make yourselves feel better. You dropped him, he broke out, move on.

15 minutes ago, meir52dcs said:

There is so much salt in here. Fantasy is won with patience. Those of you who dropped him because of impatience should accept that you screwed up. Its obvious you are downplaying his performance to make yourselves feel better. You dropped him, he broke out, move on.

I dropped him only cause i needed production now, the backfield is still muddled, will allens fumble push Harbaugh into feeding Collins? He refuses to feed the better back in the backfield because of his fumbling issues. I just forsee him being vultured all season long and its going to be a headache, i for one hope he takes control of the backfield but he cant be trusted with Harbaugh, but he is the best back they have....

I dropped him because I've sipping a little too much of that Doctson Koolaide. 

For what it's worth, he did drop the ball when he got his dick knocked off going out of bounds the play after Flacco was murdered. He looked explosive all game but I'd still be hesitant throwing him in my line up. RB2 going forward.

Edited by lospantalones

Hesitant to start? RB2? Pick one and only one

Still a risky flex imo until we start seeing more redzone work

5 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Hesitant to start? RB2? Pick one and only one

Still a risky flex imo until we start seeing more redzone work

Flex*

I realized after I hit entered I messed up. Flex for sure. 

4 hours ago, lolcopter said:

I wouldn't classify some guy picked off the waivers that high of a sell

It’s all relative. “Selling high on a some guy picked off the waivers” could simply mean getting anything of usable value in return before he goes back to being some guy on the waivers, if indeed that’s what you think he’ll become. If you invested nothing and got something in return for what turned out to be nothing, you sold high. 

Personally I think Collins is a hold because his value is still on the rise, but hasn’t risen to the the level at which you could get anything of significant value in return. I’m not going to trade a penny for a nickel if my penny could be worth a dollar in two weeks. I’d rather risk the penny. 

Can't wait to see you all start this trash bag next week and come up w/ excuses! 

Too bad you all missed out on his best game of the year.

At least you guys got a "Great Value" trash bag. 

great-value-trash-bags-4.jpg

I have no shot at getting Collins (PPR, available on wire).

I’m currently ranked 2nd, losing this week would make me 6th in the waver...

I lost all my starters, but replace them with Kamara, Aaron Jones, Mack, Lewis.

I’d give up either Mack or Lewis for Collins (preferably Lewis).  I looked at Collins last week, but grabbed Lewis because he’s a pass catcher, and Collins hasn’t scored.

With Collins now catching passes, he’s easily surpassed Lewis.  Comparing Mack vs. Collins is difficult...

Mack probably has more upside with Woodhead returning soon.  Collins has more value today.

Everybody saying he got garbage time carries are forgetting that Baltimore had 2 defensive tds and Collins production was not 4th quarter garbage. Baltimore only had the ball 3 times in the 2nd half...4 if u count the one drive they took 3 knees..but really only 3 times with the ball.  Baltimore knows they have few weapons and he is one now. Is he now a stud? No, but he's a solid rb2 in a year where we have only 3 or 4 rbs you can count on every week. 

Just now, Mattice1 said:

Everybody saying he got garbage time carries are forgetting that Baltimore had 2 defensive tds and Collins production was not 4th quarter garbage. Baltimore only had the ball 3 times in the 2nd half...4 if u count the one drive they took 3 knees..but really only 3 times with the ball.  Baltimore knows they have few weapons and he is one now. Is he now a stud? No, but he's a solid rb2 in a year where we have only 3 or 4 rbs you can count on every week. 

He is a stud, he looked excellent all game long.  I have high standards though for an RB1, so calling him a “solid RB2” is appropriate.

Depending on what the team does in the offseason, Collins next year has a good chance to be a RB1. The wildcard is Woodhead, he’s a surperior pass catcher, but his age and injury is a major question mark.  Buck has value as a change-of-pace guy.  West should be gone.