smeeze

Alex Collins 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, meir52dcs said:

There is so much salt in here. Fantasy is won with patience. Those of you who dropped him because of impatience should accept that you screwed up. Its obvious you are downplaying his performance to make yourselves feel better. You dropped him, he broke out, move on.

Patience isn't always possible with byes and injuries. 

1 hour ago, lospantalones said:

I dropped him because I've sipping a little too much of that Doctson Koolaide. 

For what it's worth, he did drop the ball when he got his dick knocked off going out of bounds the play after Flacco was murdered. He looked explosive all game but I'd still be hesitant throwing him in my line up. RB2 going forward.

the ground caused that fumble when he landed out of bounds. Even if he'd been in bound that would not have been a fumble. 

37 minutes ago, degendynamo said:

Can't wait to see you all start this trash bag next week and come up w/ excuses! 

Too bad you all missed out on his best game of the year.

Who says we’re all going to start him next week? I’m not planning on it, but it’s nice to have a new option. That’s the beauty of this situation for Collins owners. We’re not (hopefully) depending on him, but one of the lottery tickets on our bench has actually become a legitimate starting option with potential to become much more. What more can we ask for from a waiver wire pick up?

1 minute ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Who says we’re all going to start him next week? I’m not planning on it, but it’s nice to have a new option. That’s the beauty of this situation for Collins owners. We’re not (hopefully) depending on him, but one of the lottery tickets on our bench has actually become a legitimate starting option with potential to become much more. What more can we ask for from a waiver wire pick up?

A very reasonable and valid response. I can agree with that....

Let's see if he pulls an AP from Week 6 to 7

16 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

He is a stud, he looked excellent all game long.  I have high standards though for an RB1, so calling him a “solid RB2” is appropriate.

Depending on what the team does in the offseason, Collins next year has a good chance to be a RB1. The wildcard is Woodhead, he’s a surperior pass catcher, but his age and injury is a major question mark.  Buck has value as a change-of-pace guy.  West should be gone.

Agree. Rb1 is really only Leveon Zeke and hunt this year. Maybe Freeman but I can't think of any others really. Collins is right there with the rb2 class that is up and down every week depending on game flow and luck. 

9 minutes ago, Mattice1 said:

Agree. Rb1 is really only Leveon Zeke and hunt this year. Maybe Freeman but I can't think of any others really. Collins is right there with the rb2 class that is up and down every week depending on game flow and luck. 

David Johnson, Bell, Zeke, Hunt are all Elite RB1 (PPR)

Gordon, Gurley, Fournette, Shady, Ingram, Freeman are RB1

So, about 10 RB1’s in the league...  

That groups not stable... Aaron Jones, Alex Collins, Davin Cook, McCaffery will be fighting for those spots next year.

This really has been an incredible year for rookie RBs.  + Kamara, Mack, Cohen, Carson etc.

I might have to expand my RB1 category next year.  We might have more talent at RB playing than in the history of the league.

Here are my two cents. Collins looked good but I still don't like the situation. Harbaugh just continues to not trust him in the redzone, I believe the only carries he got near the goal were two when the game was already out of hand. As far the game itself..... the Dolphins just looked like a mess. Yes Collins was running well, looked quick and made made some decent cuts but its almost like the Dolphins were so worried about Flacco dropping bombs on them that they really eased up in the 2nd level. Compare that to the other side with Ajayi where the microsecond he touched the ball Ravens were completely suffocating him. It helps when can give a player some breathing room and time to make decisions which is what Collins got and he looked good.

For anyone thinking Collins is a JAG you have obviously not been watching him play. He is clearly the best RB in the backfield. I'm not gonna sit here and say he is the new Ray Rice the Ravens have been looking for but I don't see any reason not to start him going forward other than the fact that his chance to get a TD is rather low.

54 minutes ago, metalmat said:

Here are my two cents. Collins looked good but I still don't like the situation. Harbaugh just continues to not trust him in the redzone, I believe the only carries he got near the goal were two when the game was already out of hand. As far the game itself..... the Dolphins just looked like a mess. Yes Collins was running well, looked quick and made made some decent cuts but its almost like the Dolphins were so worried about Flacco dropping bombs on them that they really eased up in the 2nd level. Compare that to the other side with Ajayi where the microsecond he touched the ball Ravens were completely suffocating him. It helps when can give a player some breathing room and time to make decisions which is what Collins got and he looked good.

For anyone thinking Collins is a JAG you have obviously not been watching him play. He is clearly the best RB in the backfield. I'm not gonna sit here and say he is the new Ray Rice the Ravens have been looking for but I don't see any reason not to start him going forward other than the fact that his chance to get a TD is rather low.

Many people will think Collins performance was a fluke, because it was against a terrible team.

So, here are some stats (food for thought):

#carries   Ave.

Kamara   34    6.3

Collins     80    6.0

Hunt      124    5.8

Jones      62    5.6

These are the highest yrds/carry out of those that have had a significant # of carries.

It’s interesting that they’re all rookies.  Also, Collins numbers and ranking is no fluke with 80 carries.

The biggest problem with Collins is his 2 fumbles.  But with Bucks fumble, hopefully he’s now the one in the coaches dog house...

We’ll see next week against the Titans if they continue with the decent volume.

Edited by seanismorris

4 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

Many people will think Collins performance was a fluke, because it was against against a terrible team.

#carries   Ave.

Kamara   34    6.3

Collins     80    6.0

Hunt      124    5.8

Jones      62    5.6

These are the highest yrds/carry out of those that have had a significant # of carries.

It’s interesting that they’re all rookies.  Also, Collins numbers and ranking is no fluke with 80 carries.

The biggest problem with Collins is his 2 fumbles.  But with Bucks fumble, hopefully he’s now the one in the coaches dog house...

It was not a Fluke, I am just saying he was set up in a good situation and proved that he is not just some other dude. He clearly has some skills. That one fumble by Buck was a low snap right at the end of the game when nothing was on the line, I doubt Harbaugh takes that into consideration. For all the Collins owners I say fire him up against Tennessee 

Edited by metalmat

1 hour ago, metalmat said:

It was not a Fluke, I am just saying he was set up in a good situation and proved that he is not just some other dude. He clearly has some skills. That one fumble by Buck was a low snap right at the end of the game when nothing was on the line, I doubt Harbaugh takes that into consideration. For all the Collins owners I say fire him up against Tennessee 

Which makes his situation worse, the guy irish dances his way around defenders, seriously allen is the jag and i wished he didnt get any GL carries

9 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Which makes his situation worse, the guy irish dances his way around defenders, seriously allen is the jag and i wished he didnt get any GL carries

Don't worry, west will be back soon to take over the gl carry duties.

4 hours ago, seanismorris said:

David Johnson, Bell, Zeke, Hunt are all Elite RB1 (PPR)

Gordon, Gurley, Fournette, Shady, Ingram, Freeman are RB1

So, about 10 RB1’s in the league...  

That groups not stable... Aaron Jones, Alex Collins, Davin Cook, McCaffery will be fighting for those spots next year.

I see what you did there. You are a little sneaky fella. lol. I see you trying to sneak Collins name into the relevant stable. Keep the kiddies at the kiddie table. I fixed that for you.

I have been in this thread dogging on Collins as a Seahawk reject, but he sure looked explosive on Thursday night.  Marc Dominic was talking about Collins on Sirius today, and said that Collins did not make Seattle's final 53 because Carson, Rawls, Lacy, and Prosise got the spots.  But Seattle tried to sneak Collins on to the practice squad.

I bet Seattle wishes they had Collins still.  He has run a lot more effectively than the current Seahawk running backs.  Although, on the goal-line fumble that Baltimore recovered in the end zone, it was a failed hand-off and they charged it to Mallett.  But it looked like the running back was at fault.  I couldn't tell from the angle which running back it was.

30 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I have been in this thread dogging on Collins as a Seahawk reject, but he sure looked explosive on Thursday night.  Marc Dominic was talking about Collins on Sirius today, and said that Collins did not make Seattle's final 53 because Carson, Rawls, Lacy, and Prosise got the spots.  But Seattle tried to sneak Collins on to the practice squad.

I bet Seattle wishes they had Collins still.  He has run a lot more effectively than the current Seahawk running backs.  Although, on the goal-line fumble that Baltimore recovered in the end zone, it was a failed hand-off and they charged it to Mallett.  But it looked like the running back was at fault.  I couldn't tell from the angle which running back it was.

Allen was in during that fumble.

4 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

I see what you did there. You are a little sneaky fella. lol. I see you trying to sneak Collins name into the relevant stable. Keep the kiddies at the kiddie table. I fixed that for you.

Not so fast....Collins is ahead of all these guys in rush yards. Heck he is 7th in the league in rush yards. Tds and receiving yards are the issue, but if he finishes the season even top 20 in rushing yards as a RUNNING back, he's their starter next year and would be worked into passing game.

On 10/27/2017 at 10:34 PM, seanismorris said:

Many people will think Collins performance was a fluke, because it was against a terrible team.

#carries   Ave.

Kamara   34    6.3

Collins     80    6.0

Hunt      124    5.8

Jones      62    5.6

those avgs are meaningless if u look at 3 of those teams actually have offenses that can move the ball and score even against good defenses. 

The biggest problem for Collins is he is on a team with a very bad offense and a passing attack that is non existent.  he stil doesnt get the targets  and the carries on the gl compared to the guys on your chart. The ravens offense put up running and recieving points against a defense that didnt bother showing up; even Maclin looked like a stud. If the Ravens defense keeps playing lights out then it definiely helps Collins in terms of gamescript.  I wouldnt read too much from the game except if you have been waiting weeks for collins to show up u may as well keep rolling the dice with him into the bye.

The Ravens offense is flat out bad

Edited by dashoe

8 hours ago, dashoe said:

those avgs are meaningless if u look at 3 of those teams actually have offenses that can move the ball and score even against good defenses. 

The biggest problem for Collins is he is on a team with a very bad offense and a passing attack that is non existent.  he stil doesnt get the targets  and the carries on the gl compared to the guys on your chart. The ravens offense put up running and recieving points against a defense that didnt bother showing up; even Maclin looked like a stud. If the Ravens defense keeps playing lights out then it definiely helps Collins in terms of gamescript.  I wouldnt read too much from the game except if you have been waiting weeks for collins to show up u may as well keep rolling the dice with him into the bye.

The Ravens offense is flat out bad

I don't think the offense is bad at all...I think Flacco has played slightly better than a pop warner QB...he's been the problem. 

The fact that Collins leads the league in YPC in a one dimensional offense that can't move the ball through the air should speak volumes. What if Baltimore can figure out how to create a pass threat? Dude might average 7.5ypc

I have a feeling Collins will be that guy who's underrated by most people all year...we'll probably hear "yeah but" all season long.

Meanwhile he'll be a top five running back ROS, be the claim of the year and win many leagues along the way.

Flacco is like Manning.  Somehow they have rings, and play well in the Playoffs, but they’ve never been good during the regular season.

And, Flacco < Eli Manning

Hopefully this means GL carries.  If he can put on a good showing this week, should really cement himself.  Hope he can convert because even though West is a JAG, he did have a nose for the end-zone.  Last thing we need is West turning into a vulture...the new Mike Tolbert.

With Woodhead coming back and Maclin getting healthy, offense is looking up a little.

Coach John Harbaugh said Alex Collins has earned more playing time.

It's an easy decision for the Ravens, especially after Collins keyed their Week 8 win over the Dolphins with a career-high 143 total yards. Terrance West (calf) won't be Baltimore's starter whenever he returns. Buck Allen will continue to dominate passing-down snaps, but Collins is the team's new lead runner.
Edited by ludawg23

24 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Hopefully this means GL carries.  If he can put on a good showing this week, should really cement himself.  Hope he can convert because even though West is a JAG, he did have a nose for the end-zone.  Last thing we need is West turning into a vulture...the new Mike Tolbert.

With Woodhead coming back and Maclin getting healthy, offense is looking up a little.

It's an easy decision for the Ravens, especially after Collins keyed their Week 8 win over the Dolphins with a career-high 143 total yards. Terrance West (calf) won't be Baltimore's starter whenever he returns. Buck Allen will continue to dominate passing-down snaps, but Collins is the team's new lead runner.

great news.... As I'm really struggling at RB (and 5 players on bye),  I'm burning my #1 on him. I liked what I saw Thursday (of course) and was waffling but this news is damn good stuff. 

Come on kid, take advantage of the opportunity. 

All I know is that he needs to hold onto the ball - huge opportunity for this kid.

2 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

Woodhead coming back will only hinder Collins, not help him.