smeeze

Alex Collins 2017 Season Outlook

5 minutes ago, LenZefflin said:

What happens when Woodhead comes back in week 11?

Woodhead is more of a Buck type back for passing game.  Might take away those two catches Collins got last game but not the first down yardage he pulls off and hopefully Alex continues to get more goal line looks.

Edited by nosh0t

Dropped before last week. Somehow got him back with 6th priority. Starting this week. Titans are a tough matchup for running backs from the looks of it, but the volume should be there. What gets my hopes up is the redzone carry he had last week. Convert one of those, and this guy will be money.

Collins slaps his owners in the face and reminds them that last week was a fluke. When Irish dancing goes wrong...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5174-1359662038-9.g

Negative game flow killed him this game.

Well it was either him or Stewart, so I'm actually thankful I went with Collins. He'll probably go back to being my #3 or #4 behind Zeke and McKinnon. Maybe if he plays the Dolphins again haha.

19 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Collins slaps his owners in the face and reminds them that last week was a fluke. When Irish dancing goes wrong...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5174-1359662038-9.g

As hard as that is to see, I found myself watching it over and over again.

And yeah, it was kinda like that today.  

I’m dropping him for Woodhead.  He’s to much boom or bust...

I didn’t start him today, so no hard feeling.  If Flacco plays well and they have the lead, Collins will do well.

Unfortunately, Flacco isn’t that good so the passing back is the better bet.

On 10/27/2017 at 7:29 PM, degendynamo said:

Can't wait to see you all start this trash bag next week and come up w/ excuses! 

Too bad you all missed out on his best game of the year.

At least you guys got a "Great Value" trash bag. 

great-value-trash-bags-4.jpg

Where are all the trash bag holders? Just wondering what the excuses are.

LOL 

Just now, degendynamo said:

Last week this thread had 6+ pages yapping about him being an RB1....

This week.....crickets!!!

Its only going to get worse when woodhead comes back

He was a good bye week filler option...Wish i picked up Ivory but I trusted he would get something going. Ill drop him this week due to the bye

The problem is he's just not going to get enough work except in games where Baltimore blows their opponent out, like in Collins breakout. They ran the ball like 35 times that game and Collins had something like 18. If game script goes like that and he's getting 66% of the carries(like he did yesterday) he could feast. If not he's going to throw up the 15-60 lines. No work in the passing game and an anemic offense that gives very little opportunity for TDs doesn't give him much margin for error.

The strategy with Collins is to pick him up after he sucks and his next game will be good and then dump him again because he can't put up two solid games in a row

Well, midnight came and this guy turned back into a pumpkin.  It was a good Cinderella story... the Irish jig dancing, etc.  But it all ends when Woody returns after the bye.

Collin is absolutely a hold in my opinion. RBs with his talent level simply aren’t on waivers. He’ll probably be a bit inconsistent and one thing that wasn’t discussed was how TEN was actually a bad match up on paper and turned out to be true. I see better days ahead and think he’ll be a nice flex with or without Danny (who will assume Bucks role).

Collins is absolutely a hold. You guys are too scared of a back on the wrong side of 30, who is coming back from a torn hammy and a torn acl last season. Plus, the Ravens had him running a bunch of WR routes week 1.

I see there are still bag holders here!!!

At this point I agree, you should just hang on and hope for the following:

More snaps

More carries

More targets

The offense being in the redzone more than 2x per game

One of those has to happen, and he'll surely become a "Mini-Beast" right? 

The YPC has been there all year, whether he gets 8 touches or 20 in a game.  Really it comes down to game flow, and which games will have positive game flow for Collins getting the ball rushing more.  Looking at the schedule ROS:

@GB

HOU

DET

@PIT

@CLE

IND

CIN

GB, HOU, CLE, and IND should all be positive game flow for the Baltimore offense and pounding it out with Collins.  Depending on my other options, byes, etc. I'll strongly consider starting Collins those weeks (12 teamer with deep benches).  DET and PIT games are more questionable and likely games where Flacco is attempting way too many passes, and Woodhead will have great PPR weeks.  CIN in Week 17 I don't even care to think about because my fantasy season will be over by then.

If you play in 10 team leagues or have very small benches then I can see why you might think Collins isn't fantasy relevant, but there's lots of us that play in deeper leagues where Collins is a pretty good dart throw ROS.  He has been excellent when he gets the ball in his hands, and he plays on a defense-first team, so you would think things should open up for him with this relatively soft schedule upcoming.