smeeze

Alex Collins 2017 Season Outlook

Only been useable because West has been out since week 5. No thanks.

Edited by joshua18

31 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I doubt West is going to be an issue.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:54 AM, joshua18 said:

You think T-West is as good as Collins?

On 11/18/2017 at 6:54 AM, joshua18 said:

dumbest comment ive seen on here in a long time. And yes ive owned west.

Anyone playing Collins against Houston Monday night?  Playing against Houston is like running into a brick wall, but depends on your options.  AP ran 14 times for 26 yards this past Sunday.  Woodhead might have more success in the passing game.

I'm going to roll him out there because Houston is a turf team and this game is in Baltimore.  I think he makes some hay as the Texans have given up points to good rbs.  

On 11/21/2017 at 11:29 PM, iheartrubio said:

I'm going to roll him out there because Houston is a turf team and this game is in Baltimore.  I think he makes some hay as the Texans have given up points to good rbs.  

Any examples of RB’s that were productive vs the Texans?  I’m torn on this one, own Woodhead too.

35 minutes ago, mjb said:

Any examples of RB’s that were productive vs the Texans?  I’m torn on this one, own Woodhead too.

Houston has been tough against the run. Fournette ,hunt and Gurley were the only ones to have decent games against them. Hunt and Fournette still had under 4 yards a carry if remember correctly.

Expectations for AC tonight 15-70 TD?

25 minutes ago, mjb said:

Expectations for AC tonight 15-70 TD?

I'm looking at 16 for 55 with 3 catches. No way he gets a TD against that run D.

Negative play after negative play for the first 1.5 quarters, then finally 34 yards and TD on back to back plays, saved my week.  It looked like he was going to lose touches to Buck Allen but AC is a home run hitter even against rock solid defenses.

11 hours ago, TheLegacy said:

I'm looking at 16 for 55 with 3 catches. No way he gets a TD against that run D.

\

Close on the carries and yards. Completely wrong about that TD :)

I think it's safe to assume that AC will have a good day whenever the Ravens face a bad offense. Sit AC if there's even a remote possibility of the Ravens being down 10 to 0.

Yeah I agree that game flow is gonna be a big deal for him, because of the presence of Allen and Woodhead. If they fall behind, they're gonna go with the passing catching back. All in all, however, good game against a stout run defense. Haven't decided how I feel about him versus Detroit next week, but he's got Cleveland and Indy in weeks 15 and 16, so a solid playoff schedule. 

Edited by ak427

Detroits offense hasn't been great. So I like him the next 3 out of 4 weeks! Bye McKinnon, Collins is officially moving into my #2 spot.

On another note, though....How bad is the Ravens offense. I mean, jheeze, I thought I had it bad as a Giants fan, but Flacco literally only throws dink after dink. Zero passing attack whatsoever. 

AC runs hard, hits holes and plays the position well. I'm excited for his 2018. You put him on a team with blocking and that can sustain drives through the air and he's a 1100/10 guy, I believe. Hopefully BAL adds appropriate pieces on offense this offseason. 

Edited by fakespike

The problem is Allen was mixing in heavily last night. If he'd go away I'd like Collins' outlook a lot more. As it stands now I think he's heavily game flow dependent and has high dud potential in any games where the Ravens are playing from behind

12 hours ago, KingDingAling said:

\

Close on the carries and yards. Completely wrong about that TD :)

TD's are the hardest thing to predict. Don't think anyone could've reasonably predicted 2 rushing TD's against Clowney's run D, but happy either way since I'm a Collins holder :)

BTW, those pair of rushing TD's were the first vs Houston since Week 1. Although, Buck Allen's rushing one was more of a "pushing" TD. His O-line basically shoved the pile a good 5 yards for the 6 points.

Edited by TheLegacy

Collins listed as Questionable today on yahoo.

47 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Not practicing today?

Calf issue, sustained in Monday night game.