HarmStrong

Derrick Favors 2017-2018 Season Outlook

On 10/25/2017 at 10:10 AM, bearlucked said:

edit: I forgot to talk about Favors... I own Favors like all of you for his upside, he probably cost very little on draft day. If you bail now, you should have probably not drafted him in the first place. There was very little indication that Favors was going to come out of the gates like last year never happened.

That being said, you lose nothing in dropping him now, but you also gain nothing. There’s marginal difference between drafting him in the 11th round, and picking him up from FA. If this were poker, it’s as if you’re folding right away... which is to say you need to keep holding if you ever intended on reaping the benefits. How long you hold is another question, but the game against the Suns will probably? be a different type of game for Favors than the one against the Clippers.

I feel that every season, it takes about 2 months to figure out something like ‘ease of schedule’. The first month and especially the first two weeks is where a lot of real adjustments are made. Every season is different, but the first few days will always be the most volatile for fantasy. If you do decide to drop, or add or make trades, know that you’re doing it on much more ‘incomplete’ information than if you were doing it 2 months later. It is hard to predict and estimate things mid season, but it’s impossible early on.

My 2 Cents...

I know Gobert has been out, but I am merely replying to myself from 1 month ago.

Edited by bearlucked

"Derrick Favors turns back the clock on Tuesday". Good grief that rotoworld headline makes it sound like this guy is 35 years old and near retirement and he just had a great game to remind us of what he used to be. I haven't played fantasy basketball in 3 years and when I glanced at that I had to google how old Favors was just to make sure I wasn't losing my mind. The dude is 26 not 36 rotoworld!!!! What is he turning back the clock to? Back when he was in his prime when he was 17 and in high school???

Edited by Cdub2k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Really surprised about his Last games, I was one of the owners who jumped the ship after a bad start of the season 

I think the reason is he's still good in the paint as a center but he's not as good as a stretch-four when Gobert is back 

6 hours ago, bearlucked said:

I know Gobert has been out, but I am merely replying to myself from 1 month ago.

Great job!  Where is your crystal ball that predicted a Gobert injury?  :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Anyone here sold him high? Who did you get?

John Wall in a package deal. My Schroder and Favors for his Wall. It's gonna be vetoed by the end of the day though <_<

1 minute ago, Cloud_Strife said:

John Wall in a package deal. My Schroder and Favors for his Wall. It's gonna be vetoed by the end of the day though <_<

You lucky sob!

im gonna try again. will try to send favors and markannen for the brick laying lonzo and john collins.

5 hours ago, Xmantt said:

im gonna try again. will try to send favors and markannen for the brick laying lonzo and john collins.

Just to let everyone know i got the owner to accept. Now lets see if the league vetoes it. Im the comish but i let the league vote if they think it was a fair trade.

9 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Vetoing trades for any reason other than collusion is very bush league

Ha, I've seen it here every year if a trade gets veto, also from josh from bballmonster. I agree with you. I just like giving democracy. I dont want to be like " hey im commish what i say is the only way"

2 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

Ha, I've seen it here every year if a trade gets veto, also from josh from bballmonster. I agree with you. I just like giving democracy. I dont want to be like " hey im commish what i say is the only way"

Fair, but it stymies the legitimate trade market and makes the league stagnant except for minor shuffling. People can have their league however they want, but when we founded our own 15 years ago the rule was no vetoes unless there is collusion and if there is collusion you're out of the league forever.

Good luck on dealing y'all! I have a few selling Favors floating out there. Hoping he goes off tonight and someone see that trade sitting in their inbox :)

• Like 2

This thread is like that episode of Mr Robot where the blonde’s mom throws a good-bye party cause she’s dying of cancer.

• Like 1

Is there any chance whatsoever of Favors starting once Gobert is back since he's been doing so well? Maybe as PF instead of playing center?

5 minutes ago, Mutill said:

Is there any chance whatsoever of Favors starting once Gobert is back since he's been doing so well? Maybe as PF instead of playing center?

He was already starting with Gobert. Favors at PF, Gobert at C.

Check splits on starting forward vs starting center though :(

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/4257/derrick-favors

Edited by det_tigers

5 minutes ago, det_tigers said:

He was already starting with Gobert. Favors at PF, Gobert at C.

Check splits on starting forward vs starting center though :(

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/4257/derrick-favors

Tears. Gonna be sad to see his production decline massively :(. I had to drop him for another long term prospect since he's not going to be useful ROS in my 10-team pts league.

Edited by Mutill

He has been starting all season long, even before the Gobert Inj.

The problem was, when he played the PF in Snyder's system, he was in the corner shooting 3s, and not having many chances rolling and crashing boards.

Yeah, but considering new comers like Rubio and Mitchell, and Hayward leaving the team, it's gonna take some time to build up some chemistry.

They’re going to try to make it work once Gobert is back considering how well they’re rolling right now, but if it sours lockout for Favors to be traded. 

The thing that I’ve noticed is how 

Free flowing/passing they’ve played without all the Gobert specific actions, and with favor able to keep pace on the  break. Maybe they keep that as a change of pace 2nd/3rd quarter deal with Favors while Gobert is resting...