raptors24

Karl-Anthony Towns 2017-2018 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

LaVine just went down around 4-5 FGA in January compared to December, which helped Towns get more shots, but Towns converted more even with LaVine there. We'd need to see some thing similar here, Wiggins and Teague have to sacrifice some shots, and Butler can't be jacking up 20+ every game lately just to get his 30. This team's offense is horrendous to watch. 

Only thing is this isn't like the Lebron or KD super teams where both players ran their offenses and played key roles on defense. Jimmy has filled that role on their squad as of late. If anything, KAT's role is starting to remind me of Bosh's role on the Heatles. 

im thinking of offering steve adams and don mitchell for KAT but both of them have been balling and thats a hit to my stls BUT pairing KAT. AD, GIANNIS, Butler and whiteside sounds too juicy

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, necro892003 said:

im thinking of offering steve adams and don mitchell for KAT but both of them have been balling and thats a hit to my stls BUT pairing KAT. AD, GIANNIS, Butler and whiteside sounds too juicy

WHO da **** would accept s---y offer like that1... ?! 
:D  

Edited by Stefan

42 minutes ago, Stefan said:

WHO da **** would accept s---y offer like that1... ?! 
:D  

Apparently the guy in my league lol i mean he didnt accept but he said "Ima miss the h*ll out of these double doubles" and then proceeded to say let me think so its clearly an offer he would take lol

Hopefully i can pull it off

Is it really that bad of an offer though? Mitchell and adams been balling, KAT not so much.

Edited by necro892003

38 minutes ago, necro892003 said:

Apparently the guy in my league lol i mean he didnt accept but he said "Ima miss the h*ll out of these double doubles" and then proceeded to say let me think so its clearly an offer he would take lol

Is it really that bad of an offer though? Mitchell and adams been balling, KAT not so much.

Man that’s one of the worst trades I’ve ever seen in the history of fantasy sports. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

For the record, I've been scouring Twitter a bit, and people are getting really upset with Towns' treatment. They're contacting Jimmy directly and the Timberwolves social media account and throwing heat. There's a lot of DFS and fantasy people on there, so they take every opportunity. People think it doesn't get across, but it does. Team beat writers get a lot of messages from people and fans on social media, so they can gauge the environment around the team, and convey that message through questions; sooner rather than later a reporter is going to ask "How come Towns only took 6 shots this game?" and one small stone thrown into a pond causes a ripple effect.

It's sad really that it's come to this, and surprising that an NBA level coach (let alone one highly respected) has not noticed what's happening. This guy is a generational talent like Embiid and Porzingis, treat him as such. 

Interesting!!

Because the situation in Minny is completely the opposite.

The media, the fans, the play by play guys everyone is s--- tired of Kats defense and have been calling for his benching especially when they see Taj hustle night in and out. He's become quite a fan favourite already. Wiggins is being praised in the past week or so too for his improved effort. If anything people want to see more Gorgui. 

So No, nobody is calling for anyone's head in Minny yet except Kats for his lacklustre effort. Just google some post game notes or even realgm. KAT will have to play defense to get the ball on offence.

2 minutes ago, guess_wh0 said:

Interesting!!

Because the situation in Minny is completely the opposite.

The media, the fans, the play by play guys everyone is s--- tired of Kats defense and have been calling for his benching especially when they see Taj hustle night in and out. He's become quite a fan favourite already. Wiggins is being praised in the past week or so too for his improved effort. If anything people want to see more Gorgui. 

So No, nobody is calling for anyone's head in Minny yet except Kats for his lacklustre effort. Just google some post game notes or even realgm. KAT will have to play defense to get the ball on offence.

Wow. I can believe this but it’s a shame. There’s gotta be better ways to teach a 22 year old to move his feet. By most accounts I’ve seen, he’s a humble team player who is a frustrating step behind on help and switches. To me he looks more lost than lazy. 

The cure is patient coaching and hard work over time. In his case, a ****-ton. You’d think elite NBA guys had a history of great attitude and extra effort after being publicly dissed and made an example of on court. It sucks that tough guy talking heads can turn people that way, if the critical voices actually reflect the fan-base.

Turnstiles who are the team’s best scorers get possession-subbed down the stretch, not frozen out of games and pilloried in the media — especially if the team is winning. 

5 minutes ago, bdy1 said:

Wow. I can believe this but it’s a shame. There’s gotta be better ways to teach a 22 year old to move his feet. By most accounts I’ve seen, he’s a humble team player who is a frustrating step behind on help and switches. To me he looks more lost than lazy. 

The cure is patient coaching and hard work over time. In his case, a ****-ton. You’d think elite NBA guys had a history of great attitude and extra effort after being publicly dissed and made an example of on court. It sucks that tough guy talking heads can turn people that way, if the critical voices actually reflect the fan-base.

Turnstiles who are the team’s best scorers get possession-subbed down the stretch, not frozen out of games and pilloried in the media — especially if the team is winning. 

I don't think he's going to be frozen out of the offense. He is the franchise when it's all said and done. Maybe it was a one game thing to send a message. Butler & Taj are hard nosed vets and maybe they already tried asking nicely. Lol

Personally I'm hoping it is effort that is missing. I would hate for KAT to have the Defensive IQ of Valancunis.

I was just answering the guy that people in Minny are more concerned with Kats defense than his touches. This is the home of KG, gaudy stats don't impress them, hustle and effort does. It'll be a lot easier if KAT could just start trying on defense like Wiggins has.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, guess_wh0 said:

I don't think he's going to be frozen out of the offense. He is the franchise when it's all said and done. Maybe it was a one game thing to send a message. Butler & Taj are hard nosed vets and maybe they already tried asking nicely. Lol

Personally I'm hoping it is effort that is missing. I would hate for KAT to have the Defensive IQ of Valancunis.

I was just answering the guy that people in Minny are more concerned with Kats defense than his touches. This is the home of KG, gaudy stats don't impress them, hustle and effort does. It'll be a lot easier if KAT could just start trying on defense like Wiggins has.

Yeah I get you. His defense is truly awful. The modern center is isolated with a lot of responsibility and if he doesn’t figure it out he’ll never be as relevant as KD LBJ etc. So Wolves fans should absolutely care.

Thing is the effort/IQ thing is never either/or. Ya can’t make the effort if you don’t see the play until it’s past you. NBA defense is notoriously hard when it doesn’t come naturally (like it did for Buckets, who had two more years at college than Towns).

You can work and work on complex skills without visible progress, and when you’re frustrated the body language looks a lot like lazy — until something clicks mentally and the work shows up in new habits at speed. Wiggins has been around a year longer than Towns. I assume he was trying really hard (and learning a ton) last year when he sucked so bad.

There are lots of respectful ways to push a teammate to get better when you’re frustrated with his performance. To suggest a pro isn’t giving 100% can be deeply offensive, and sacrificing a win to send a public message speaks volumes. Hard to say whether the fire you light under his a** is a burning bridge. 

Edited by bdy1

I wonder if KAT is one of those players that becomes more engaged in defense when he is more involved on offense. I still don't like this Thibs offense tho. Way too much iso play and lack of movement means this team will never be great. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Little Mao said:

I wonder if KAT is one of those players that becomes more engaged in defense when he is more involved on offense. I still don't like this Thibs offense tho. Way too much iso play and lack of movement means this team will never be great. 

Not sure if problem is with coach or the players, but yeah there is something wrong there

Wasn't it the previous game against the Clippers the one that Butler etc got into KAT for his defensive efforts?

Hope he remembers that and beasts against them tonight!

1 hour ago, Little Mao said:

Sure, this happens with some players when they are more involved/engaged. But, KAT has always been a poor defender. 

Edited by HK-47

8 hours ago, necro892003 said:

KAT is averaging almost 20/12/1.5/.6/1.2 with amazing efficiency and 1.3 threes. How is he not balling? Hes ranked just outside the top5 elite fantasy players where people expected him to be, hence the mild disappointment. Thats a super sell high moment for you, i doubt it goes through if the other player is sane.

• Like 1

Par for the course, mid way through the first and touched the ball once. Gotta get HOF Gibson his looks though.

6 minutes ago, WaKe21334 said:

Par for the course, mid way through the first and touched the ball once. Gotta get HOF Gibson his looks though.

Gibson  has 10pts on 5 FGA, he is hot at the moment

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, boytoy said:

KAT is averaging almost 20/12/1.5/.6/1.2 with amazing efficiency and 1.3 threes. How is he not balling? Hes ranked just outside the top5 elite fantasy players where people expected him to be, hence the mild disappointment. Thats a super sell high moment for you, i doubt it goes through if the other player is sane.

Rank/number wise he isn't far behind but when you look at the actual value he is. Per-game it's 1-6 and then after that there is a significant drop off. Looking at BM in a standard 12 team 9-cat ( seems to be the default most go off of) Durant value is at 0.81 per-game at 6th and then KAT is 0.51 at 10th ( FWIW Dipo and Jokic at 0.51 as well). That's the same different between KAT and Devin Booker who is at 0.21 and ranked 38th per-game. Sure, he's healthy and some elite guys are hurt in AD and Curry, so he has that going for him...but that's a pretty significant gap in per-game value. Also, just for kicks and giggles Harden more than doubles him up at 1.05. Btw, I agree that the trade is terrible. If the guy sells KAT for that he's needs to retire.

Finally got going. The clips had gallo on him and still the wolves weren’t forcing him the ball. On one possession, he was posting up gallo on the block and clueless Wiggins decides he’s going to post up on he opposite block and for some odd reason Teague goes to him. Of course Wiggins forces up a fadeaway miss. Wiggins is the most overrated player in the NBA, just an absolutely clueless player. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Rank/number wise he isn't far behind but when you look at the actual value he is. Per-game it's 1-6 and then after that there is a significant drop off. Looking at BM in a standard 12 team 9-cat ( seems to be the default most go off of) Durant value is at 0.81 per-game at 6th and then KAT is 0.51 at 10th ( FWIW Dipo and Jokic at 0.51 as well). That's the same different between KAT and Devin Booker who is at 0.21 and ranked 38th per-game. Sure, he's healthy and some elite guys are hurt in AD and Curry, so he has that going for him...but that's a pretty significant gap in per-game value. Also, just for kicks and giggles Harden more than doubles him up at 1.05. Btw, I agree that the trade is terrible. If the guy sells KAT for that he's needs to retire.

I don't really understand your point. I drafted Towns 6th. Durant went 1st. I'm not going to be upset that a guy I wasn't even able to consider drafting is outplaying Towns. 

Edited by miasma16
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

I don't really understand your point. I drafted Towns 6th. Durant went 1st. I'm not going to be upset that a guy I wasn't even able to consider drafting is outplaying Towns. 

That’s he not really right outside the elite top 5 like the guy said. The gap is pretty significant, as I pointed out.

Also KAT went much higher in most drafts many taking him as a top 3 pick. Cool that you got him at 6...but he was gone already in most leagues.

Edited by HK-47

i bought low on KAT w/ mitchell+ibaka. i'm not too happy so far especially seeing mitchell explode game after game. i hope KAT starts trending up.