dekciw_1

Kawhi Leonard 2017-2018 Season Outlook

50 minutes ago, Born_Slippy said:

Has there ever been a situation like this with a player before?

Jrue Holiday a few years back with his "stress reaction".

7 hours ago, hoopking said:

Last 3 weeks of fantasy season. dont play on them but please play on the PO weeks haha

Even if he does play? What do you really expect?......Spurs will be resting him, limiting minutes, giving him "maintenance days" on even non-b2b's, etc...the list goes on. We have already seen it this season when he came back, why would this time be any different with the spurs and pop.

If you held this long thinking hes going to play 35 min in the fantasy playoffs, and put up top 10 value and win you your league, you're beyond delusional. 

14 minutes ago, crocp said:

Even if he does play? What do you really expect?......Spurs will be resting him, limiting minutes, giving him "maintenance days" on even non-b2b's, etc...the list goes on. We have already seen it this season when he came back, why would this time be any different with the spurs and pop.

If you held this long thinking hes going to play 35 min in the fantasy playoffs, and put up top 10 value and win you your league, you're beyond delusional. 

It's not like we have any other choice than holding, it's not a matter of being delusional. He's untradeable and undroppable. Just need to see it through.

9 hours ago, Gorgeous George said:

Jrue Holiday a few years back with his "stress reaction".

At least we knew what was going on there...

Honestly he’s probably a drop candidate if we don’t hear anything right after ASB.

Resting B2B’s, minutes limit, resting non-B2B’s, reinjury/aggravation...so many possibilities 

I’m actually not sure why I’m holding. Whenever I try to click the drop button my hands stop.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, blob2004 said:

Honestly he’s probably a drop candidate if we don’t hear anything right after ASB.

Resting B2B’s, minutes limit, resting non-B2B’s, reinjury/aggravation...so many possibilities 

I’m actually not sure why I’m holding. Whenever I try to click the drop button my hands stop.

I don't think it's a bad idea. We're in a total points league and the logic to me is even if he did come back and played half the games because of rest/minutes limit then your getting half the value off him -- might as well replace him off the wires. So many people are attached because they drafted him so high and because of the name value but other than that he's not going to help you win fantasy basketball this season. 

5 minutes ago, Kicker said:

This trash requires subscription,anything interesting?

Just stop loading the page once the initial content comes up and it won’t load the subscription part. But no, no real update on Kawhi

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kicker said:

This trash requires subscription,anything interesting?

That’s weird... I didn’t need a subscription the first time.

Basically just the front office saying the same bull**** that there is no timetable. Not even any encouraging words of progress being mentioned.

Also interestingly I noticed kawhi’s estimated timetable on BBM getting pushed back again from Feb 23rd to March 5th.

In my opinion Kawhi ain’t coming back his season. I hope for a miracle too but I think we all know where this is going.

I think the same,he wont be back for regular season and you cant just throw him after this in matches with playoff intensity

43 minutes ago, Kicker said:

I think the same,he wont be back for regular season and you cant just throw him after this in matches with playoff intensity

I agree. I wish Spurs just shut him down for the season already so we can move on.

Lucky I packaged him with Carroll and traded for Favours....

i know not really a huge trade but I’d rather Fav than Carroll.

I said in the preseason that drafting Kawhi was gonna put people in a hole....I've maintained that I will never draft players that are injured in the preseason and I've dodged some major bullets because of it. I wonder if Kawhi gets the "injury prone" label applied to him going forward. Anthony Davis gets a lot of flak but for some reason this dude never does. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

I said in the preseason that drafting Kawhi was gonna put people in a hole....I've maintained that I will never draft players that are injured in the preseason and I've dodged some major bullets because of it. I wonder if Kawhi gets the "injury prone" label applied to him going forward. Anthony Davis gets a lot of flak but for some reason this dude never does. 

I think I will be avoiding Kawhi next season. Hope there is some clarity to what his condition is going forward.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

We both advised strongly against it. I agree 100% regarding hurt players in pre-season. Been burned in the past. 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2017 at 10:47 AM, Code of Hammurabi said:

I dont understand with the lack of news and timetable how people are still so confident in drafting him with conviction in the first round. I just dont get it. 

This was my thought in early October. 

• Like 2