dekciw_1

Kawhi Leonard 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Super. So that’s picks 1 , 3 and 5 I’ve had to drop through injury 

hello darkness my old friend .....

• Haha 1

https://www.expressnews.com/spurs-nation/article/Popovich-not-ready-to-list-Leonard-out-for-the-12631751.php

Some interesting takeaways here. Honestly if you have an IR spot and can hold him, I would absolutely do so. As per the article, it states Kawhi hopes to come back next month as per his current rehab, Pop could just be sick and tired of answering the media on this topic and likely wants to move on (typical Pop really). 

Yes, I finally decided to join after YEARS of lurking. I am quite emotionally beat by this latest Kawhi development. 

People like to use the term "soft", well this guy is the perfect description for it. While it maybe unfair to criticize him without knowing full extent of the injury, he has been cleared by team doctors, and now cleared by second opinion. Guy is getting paid millions, his team is in a nice spot to make a playoff run, and he opts against playing?

Other stars beg their teams or coaches to play them esp in playoffs and if they have shot at a title, it is probably the first time that I've seen a star say I don't want to play when you have a chance to do something special in the playoffs.

Some believe he is doing this because he wants out of San Antonio, well if this is your way of showing it the this guy is the biggest idiot in the NBA. We get angry when stars demand a trade, well at least they still play.

Edited by sya
  • Like 1

Seems like the Spurs leaked this to put some pressure on Kawhi. He's either going to have to come back or come out and talk about it. 

As insanely over cautious as the Spurs are when it comes to injuries...If they say that Leonard is healthy/safe enough to play, he is CAPABLE of playing.

Must be nice to be able to not only tell your bosses that you disagree with them but to stay out of work and collect pay checks as well.

I wish I can get paid tens of millions of dollars and opt not to do my job.  These athletes are a special kind of spoiled. Quit being a baby and get back to dribbling that ball. Or better yet, try getting a normal job and telling your boss you opt not to work. You'd get fired pretty fast.

Edited by Carlos Correa

53 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

I wish I can get paid tens of millions of dollars and opt not to do my job.  These athletes are a special kind of spoiled. Quit being a baby and get back to dribbling that ball. Or better yet, try getting a normal job and telling your boss you opt not to work. You'd get fired pretty fast.

Their bodies are the reason they get paid millions. Gotta do what’s in their best interest. Teams don’t care, they’ll break a player down then dispose of them when they’re not performing 

5 hours ago, JoeNoIngles said:

I always avoid Spur players esp injured Spur players..

I be willing to bet he's not in a Spur uniform next season. And unless they acquire more talent, can't blame him. He expressed his displeasure about the Spurs acquiring good FA's. Tired of carrying the load and getting hurt not to mention decreasing his value in the process.

22 minutes ago, AP27 said:

Their bodies are the reason they get paid millions. Gotta do what’s in their best interest. Teams don’t care, they’ll break a player down then dispose of them when they’re not performing 

Sure I understand that but he's been cleared to play by some of the best doctors in the world and unlike the NFL, NBA contracts are guaranteed. He has nothing to worry about as he's getting paid 18 million this year, 20 million next year, not to mention the tens of millions he's already made. It's not like this is the NFL where he can just get cut and lose his remaining contact. 

23 minutes ago, Carlos Correa said:

Sure I understand that but he's been cleared to play by some of the best doctors in the world and unlike the NFL, NBA contracts are guaranteed. He has nothing to worry about as he's getting paid 18 million this year, 20 million next year, not to mention the tens of millions he's already made. It's not like this is the NFL where he can just get cut and lose his remaining contact. 

From all the speculation so far, it seems like he's lost trust in the "best doctors in the world" because they misdiagnosed his quad injury the first time. So now he's getting second opinions and doing it his way.

For a coach that has made a mockery of the regular season and done so with the utmost contempt for the fans who come to watch the games I can't help but feel a little joy that Pop is playing a season with zero purpose now that it looks like Leonard is "resting" for the rest of this season. 

• Like 1

It's really odd. If you are medically cleared by the team doctor but you have doubt, there's clearly a trust issue.

1 hour ago, ryanii said:

It's really odd. If you are medically cleared by the team doctor but you have doubt, there's clearly a trust issue.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure he was medically cleared since his previous run back a month ago, otherwise the team wouldn't play him. So this isn't really news. It sounds like he doesn't trust the team's doctors.

A player knows his body better than any doctor and why should he have to play in pain and discomfort? My only problem with Kawhi has been the lack of information about his condition over the past months