dekciw_1

Kawhi Leonard 2017-2018 Season Outlook

10 minutes ago, JoeNoIngles said:

I think it is useful too. I think he can average 3rd round value on 25 mins a game but his DNPs will take his total value closer to 6th-7th round which is also acceptable. 

Low minutes are not a bad thing. It'll keep him fresh, and as we've seen earlier this season, they'll try to get Leonard going in those mins, which means increased usage. 

6 hours ago, crocp said:

Did people in this thread...Specifically Tamz07 even read the report? You guys are acting like he's coming back tomorrow...

I currently sitting in 2nd overall and have Kawhi stashed on my IR (will become my playoff streaming spot)...but this report is not comforting at all.

Where did you read he's coming back soon? Please point it out in the Woj report?

The report clearly says he's not even expected to practice 5 vs 5 anytime soon...and the goal, "in the near future"....is to have him simply practice 5 v 5....Sounds like hes about 4-5 weeks away from touching the court...which wil obviously be on a heavy minutes restriction, b2b etc...

People..THINK logically before you drop valuable players for this most likely season bust.

Just a few days ago there were reports that he was fully healthy and just opted to stay out for the season (probably his uncle convinced him). If that's the case which looks like it is, then I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing next week. I could be wrong obviously, but from what we heard, we could make a positive assumption (or at least maybe I'm hoping its positive lol)

6 hours ago, rush007 said:

I did read it. The report is infinitely more comforting than Pop's last words about him, that he did not expect Kawhi to be back this year. 

Now, if you think about it, it doesn't make sense for them to bring Kawhi at the end of March. He needs time to shake off the rust and mesh with the team, and if months of rehabbing did not heal him, a couple weeks more or less won't matter. His health will probably be the same as it is now. I'd say he either comes back in 7-10 days, or he doesn't come back at all. So some clarity is waiting for us in the near future lol

Not to mention, a 5v5 practice is usually the last step before getting on the court. So he's not 4-5 weeks away from getting on the court.

Doctor-like thinking right there

Edited by GmGodine

25 minutes ago, Born_Slippy said:

Source?

Before Leonard can return to game action, he will need to progress through a protocol that includes 3-on-3 and 5-on-5 action.  There is cautious optimism Leonard might be able to play again in March, with a soft target date somewhere on the three-game road trip that begins March 8 at Golden State.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-Leonard-back-in-the-building-12713673.php

2 hours ago, tamz07 said:

giphy.gif

Honestly I don’t know what to think or believe anymore. This is such a weird situation. 

For me it really is just a believe it when I see it scenario although I don’t have Kawhi so luckily I have not had to deal with this all season. For people that just picked him

off the WW, good luck. It’s a no lose situation for y’all as long as you didn’t drop anyone useful.

8 minutes ago, georgepr said:

Which would you guys hold in a no IR slot league, Kawhi or K-Love?

Kawhi. Because his situation will clear up next week, then you can drop Kawhi and pick up K-Love if Kawhi isn't coming back.

2 hours ago, chirojenic30 said:

With spurs losing today and sliding, hope they will bring back kawhi asap. Hopefully next week?

No man you know how it is with Spurs and they already made a wrong call before..

Leonard takes no risks. Do not have hope in a Spur, it will only leave you begging and looking stupid.

Well, if he doesn't come back by the end of this week, I imagine most ppl with playoffs starting next week will cut him. 

3 minutes ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

If he comes back in the regular season, it will only be within the last two weeks. Dont get your hopes up guys.

I don't think he's coming back in the last two weeks. That means he'll play 3 games max, and they'll likely be out of the playoff picture. What's the point? It's not like it'll do the team any good lol

In that case they're more likely to just shut him down. I think he either comes back in a week or doesn't come back at all. The signs are not promising, but we'll see.

Edited by rush007