dekciw_1

Kawhi Leonard 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Well, this reminds me a lot of Duncan's situation when he almost signed with Orlando in 2000.     It's all fluid at the moment, but I  do believe that Kawhi will retire as Spur

He forsure leaving in FA so if it doesn't get fixed he'll be traded in the offseason or by the deadline next year. 

I'm still really confused as to his actual condition and the conflicting medical opinion of the different medical staffs (team vs his own).

I would like to think that there's more at play here than just Kawhi refusing to play hurt. 

If there's a chance that he is harming himself and his future by playing vs. making a complete (or at least more thorough) recovery then you'd have to think his interest may not align with the team/teammates

11 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Well, this reminds me a lot of Duncan's situation when he almost signed with Orlando in 2000.     It's all fluid at the moment, but I  do believe that Kawhi will retire as Spur

lol what you smoking? This is nothing like that.

57 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

lol what you smoking? This is nothing like that.

Well I am old enough to remember Duncan situation.  Btw, I am not smoking anything and I would like to know how is this different.   In both cases you have a star player that has a ring and starting to look around. 

Grass is greener on the other side (or not).  

Right now it is uncertain where  Kawhi will end up, I am betting on Spurs.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/tim-duncan-to-the-magic-didnt-happen-and-doc-rivers-might-have-been-a-reason-why/ . 

The actual Spurs fans are laughing at the reportage once again. Danny Green and Brandon Paul both tweeted about how far off base this report is. There has been no indication directly from Kawhi or the Spurs organization that either side has given up on the other.

The chances of Kawhi not taking a super-max contract with the Spurs this summer are virtually nil.

I have not once doubted his future with the Spurs until now. With Pop saying “his group” multiple times when explaining when he will be back. Idk but it sounds very passive aggressive to me.

Wow. This doesn’t look good.....

35 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

I have not once doubted his future with the Spurs until now. With Pop saying “his group” multiple times when explaining when he will be back. Idk but it sounds very passive aggressive to me.

Wow. This doesn’t look good.....

Hmmm, that is a very  good point.  Let's see if max contract offer improves his health. I hope he stays with Spurs, as I believe that he is the best player he could ever be in Spurs system.  On another team he will be good,  but not as good as with Spurs

2 hours ago, jstep13 said:

Is he droppable?

Lmao dude how are you in the championship race if you still have to ask this question?

Edited by justblazedawg

3 hours ago, jstep13 said:

Is he droppable?

There's a 0.00000000000000001% chance he comes back before the season ends. That being said, he's a hold.

2 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

There's a 0.00000000000000001% chance he comes back before the season ends. That being said, he's a hold.

Absurd to hold at that %. Might as well pick up a random player and hope they score 50 like T Ross and Brewer did

• Like 1

This guy is on instagram snapshotting the spurs record and saying go team... WEIRD a** SEASON FOR KAWHI. Hopefully a discount next season for hm.

18 hours ago, justblazedawg said:

Absurd to hold at that %. Might as well pick up a random player and hope they score 50 like T Ross and Brewer did

lol I was just being sarcastic. At this point he should be forgotten.

definitely my disappointment this season, I still can't believe I ended up runner up in the finals in my league because I drafted well excluding Kawhi.  

On 4/8/2018 at 10:53 AM, Meadowlark said:

For what it's worth, Kawhi reportedly poured the foundation of his new home in San Antonio this week.

I actually heard this on local radio too. Not sure what's going on here, who knows...maybe it's a home for him mom??

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, spd2base said:

I actually heard this on local radio too. Not sure what's going on here, who knows...maybe it's a home for him mom??

I personally don't think he'll be going anywhere, to be honest. I think there are a lot of outsiders looking at the situation and reading drama where there really isn't much.

13 minutes ago, Meadowlark said:

I personally don't think he'll be going anywhere, to be honest. I think there are a lot of outsiders looking at the situation and reading drama where there really isn't much.

Well there is drama. And it's between Kawhi's camp and the Spurs camp in regards to his injury. I personally think his camp is trying to get max money by making sure he doesn't get hurt. SA will pay him supermax and he'll be back IMO, but for Pop, Manu and TP9 to say what they've said about the situation certainly points to some sort of drama. It's just unusual bc it's the Spurs. But he'll drop to 2nd round most likely in FBB and I'll scoop him next season :)

I dunno man.  This is obviously a very serious injury.

It's looking like a Penny, G-Hill type situation.

After this season, I avoid any players with a checkered injury history.  People say, look at Embiid, Beal, Holiday... But I still don't trust these types with their histories.

It's better to get the ironmen who you know will play, even if there production is muted.  I would take Towns over Davis for example.  I would rather sleep well at night.  

• Like 2