dekciw_1

Kawhi Leonard 2017-2018 Season Outlook

58 minutes ago, Mikhov said:

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/14763202/how-biometrics-turned-kawhi-leonard-star

An old article that may give some insight to what’s going on behind the scenes. The gist is: while rehabbing his ankle injury, the additional strain he put on his other leg caused the tendon injury - so they’re trying to balance the strength in both legs to avoid future problems caused by uneven load distribution

I hate Zaza so much!

anyone scared to draft him, just drafted him 8th and i don't know what to think of it 

2 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

anyone scared to draft him, just drafted him 8th and i don't know what to think of it 

Yes, I am scared. Personally, I don't have him anywhere close to 8th in my ranking. I can't get comfortable with him at 28th. I don't want to say you made a mistake because no one can accurately predict this situation, but the angle I am using to guess when he returns makes him an easy pass at 8 for me. I get his value in 9 cat, and I play 8 cat, but there is no way I would take him 8 in any league format. 

• Like 1

Just now, thezing1 said:

Yes, I am scared. Personally, I don't have him anywhere close to 8th in my ranking. I can't get comfortable with him at 28th. I don't want to say you made a mistake because no one can accurately predict this situation, but the angle I am using to guess when he returns makes him an easy pass at 8 for me. I get his value in 9 cat, and I play 8 cat, but there is no way I would take him 8 in any league format. 

went kawhi at 8 and paul at 13. guess i will roll with it. i do got a solid squad though for a 12 team. 

He sat from early nov - mid december the last time he dealt with this. That’s what I project as the worst case IMO - especially since he was apparently playing through it last season in MVP form.

The “bright” side IMO, is tech should be better and the training staff and Kawhi himself have gone through this before. Once he recovers, he’ll also (ideally) be more fresh for the 2nd half.

The Spurs early season match ups are mostly vs lottery teams and they have a brutal schedule that is full of contenders in the 2nd half.

What I’m wary of, is he may become more averse to contact as constantly drawing fouls may be one big factor as to how he ended up this way.

Another plus is that he could take on a larger role as a faciliator this season to ease himself into the rotation and avoid wear and tear, especially since the Spurs PGs are all limited for various reasons (TPs old, Murray is young and Patty is more of an undersized SG / floor spacer).

He’s more of a buy low to me if you can take the hit and have a deep team. 

Edited by Mikhov
  • Like 1

ESPN just changed his status from OUT to DTD...do they know something we don't?

Cus if they didn't they just screwed all the Kawhi owners as now people drafting late won't be able to put him in IR...

Reading up on Quad tendonitis, I can't bring myself to take him in the first 2 rounds.   Given that the spurs are being so coy, and saying there's no timetable to return, it seems too risky.  They also ruled him out for opener a full week early, which could suggest he's got aways to go in rehab. 

Edited by RonnieRonaldo

The problem with Kawhi's status is that the Spurs management is dead silent about it. Without official word they can't place a definite injury tag on him.

34 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

The problem with Kawhi's status is that the Spurs management is dead silent about it. Without official word they can't place a definite injury tag on him.

True. Hence the nickname Popsabitch. No reason why they can't give their fans a general idea. Obviously their fan base don't want him to come back till he's healthy but surely an approx timeline can be given to them. I don't even own him but I think its bad form by the coach.

I think Kawhi misses 15-25 games for the season. It's all a calculated risk on their part. They want their other role players to get reps because they know what they are getting out of Kawhi. The end goal is to get him healthy for the playoffs. They are also in some part setting a reason for Kawhi to get rest on some games to avoid fines even if the reason is legitimate. All in all, it's a headache for Kawhi owners in H2H.

1 hour ago, Pirate said:

True. Hence the nickname Popsabitch. No reason why they can't give their fans a general idea. Obviously their fan base don't want him to come back till he's healthy but surely an approx timeline can be given to them. I don't even own him but I think its bad form by the coach.

Pop doesn't owe you anything.  Why give the other teams a competitive advantage?  It only helps the Spurs to keep the other teams guessing.

2 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Pop doesn't owe you anything.  Why give the other teams a competitive advantage?  It only helps the Spurs to keep the other teams guessing.

Oh dear. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

At the start of the regular season with 82 games left he is trying to keep other teams guessing whether Kawhi plays? Amazing argument.

So what happens if he doesnt play, other teams will play the Spurs with their bench?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dekciw_1 said:

At the start of the regular season with 82 games left he is trying to keep other teams guessing whether Kawhi plays? Amazing argument.

So what happens if he doesnt play, other teams will play the Spurs with their bench?

When it comes to game planning and rotations, it makes a huge difference if you know what the opposing team's lineup will be. The less information you have, the worse off you'll be, so yes, I'd say Pop is most definitely trying to keep other teams guessing about when Kawhi comes back.

It's not about the opener, it's about the games after that, and if Kawhi (knock on wood) comes back early, Pop might catch a team with their pants down because everyone thought he'd be out until December. If he doesn't come back early, other teams are forced to waste time game planning for IF Kawhi were playing, which costs them valuable prep time. What's it cost Pop to do get this advantage? Nothing.

Not to say it isn't screwing with those of us who own Kawhi in fantasy (it really would be nice if I could put him on the IL). But it makes perfect sense IRL what the Spurs are doing.

Edited by thecatch

1 minute ago, thecatch said:

When it comes to game planning and rotations, it makes a huge difference if you know what the opposing team's lineup will be. The less information you have, the worse off you'll be, so yes, I'd say Pop is most definitely trying to keep other teams guessing about when Kawhi comes back.

It's not about the opener, it's about the games after that, and if Kawhi (knock on wood) comes back early, Pop might catch a team with their pants down because everyone thought he'd be out until December. What's it cost Pop to do get this potential advantage? Nothing.

Not to say it isn't screwing with those of us who own Kawhi in fantasy (it really would be nice if I could put him on the IL). But it makes perfect sense IRL what the Spurs are doing.

This is a great example when fantasy players on the internet tryhard to overanalyze some situations.

In the regular season other teams rarely take in valuation info on who plays/who doesnt when they prepare for matches. 

signs point to not playing Kawhi not playing until he is 100% healthy, why risk a re-aggravation. Without a clear time table I think it's safe to let him slide but if it's at the cost of 2 weeks out of the season you may be able to manage. Bargain if he comes back healthy and Teams 8-12 are able to get him on the wrap around. 

any kawhi owners looking to deal him? or already moved him?

where is he going in drafts right now? outside top 15?

kawhi owners would you need more than conley and ingram to peek your interest conley + covington?

14 hours ago, Tonimn said:

I'm in a hurry with the INJ status.  ALL good FA are dissapearing while I'm waiting for the INJ !!!

all good FA's lol? season hasnt even started yet..... wait a week and plenty more will arise....

3 hours ago, dekciw_1 said:

This is a great example when fantasy players on the internet tryhard to overanalyze some situations.

In the regular season other teams rarely take in valuation info on who plays/who doesnt when they prepare for matches. 

And you know this because you are not a fantasy player on the internet...? It was simple logic, kid, not some complex analysis. The main point is Pop ain't gonna talk about it unless he has to because it gives him an advantage, and fantasy owners complaining about it can go pound sand. Comes with the territory of owning Spurs players.

14 hours ago, Tonimn said:

I'm in a hurry with the INJ status.  ALL good FA are dissapearing while I'm waiting for the INJ !!!

all good FA's lol? season hasnt even started yet..... wait a week and plenty more will arise....

draft tonight and not touching this guy unfortunately....too much uncertainty.