Sign in to follow this  
Excellent117

Joe Mixon Trade Help! - WHIR 100%

0.5 PPR and team is in signature. I've been offered the following:

I send: Jimmy Graham + either Chris Thompson or Duke Johnson

I receive: Joe Mixon

Thoughts? I could really go either way on this one.

As always, post a link to your question below your response and I'll answer as quickly and as thoroughly as possible. Thanks in advance!

For those on mobile, find my roster below:

12-team Auction, 0.5 PPR, 1 QB/1 OP

QB: Philip Rivers

OP: Matthew Stafford

RB: Carlos Hyde

RB: Mark Ingram

WR: Amari Cooper

WR: Demaryius Thomas

TE: Zach Ertz

Flex: Jamison Crowder

D/ST: Los Angeles Rams (streaming)

Bench: Jimmy Graham, Tevin Coleman, Doug Martin, Chris Hogan, Chris Thompson, and Duke Johnson

All day man. You have Zach Ertz, I think he's a way better option at tight end this year. Ingram is your RB2, so you definitely need one of these high-upside potential league winners like Mixon. I like this deal a lot for you

Agree with the above. Ertz is better than Graham. Mixon a great lotto ticket

I have Gilleslee (I already have Ajayi and Montogomery) and I have been offered Mixon straight up (12 team 1 point PPR league).  I am torn if I should trade Gilleslee away or now, please help WHIR 100%!!!!

QB: Cam Newton

RB: Jay Ajayi

RB: Ty Montgomery

WR: Jordi Nelson

WR: T.Y. Hilton

TE: Hunter Henry

Flex: Jacquizz Rodgers

D/ST: Steelers

Bench: Jamison Crowder, Brandon Marshall, Charles Clay, Mike Gilleslee, Trevor Seimen, Kerwyn Williams

2 minutes ago, chris2333 said:

I have Gilleslee (I already have Ajayi and Montogomery) and I have been offered Mixon straight up (12 team 1 point PPR league).  I am torn if I should trade Gilleslee away or now, please help WHIR 100%!!!!

QB: Cam Newton

RB: Jay Ajayi

RB: Ty Montgomery

WR: Jordi Nelson

WR: T.Y. Hilton

TE: Hunter Henry

Flex: Jacquizz Rodgers

D/ST: Steelers

Bench: Jamison Crowder, Brandon Marshall, Charles Clay, Mike Gilleslee, Trevor Seimen, Kerwyn Williams

Gilleslee far exceeds Mixon IMO.  He might score 15 TD's in that Patriots offense and he's getting a good amount of carries.

Like eveyone said Ertz is the better TE and with Cinci changing up the play calling might see them give the ball to their best rusher (Mixon). I would trade away Duke over C.thompson since he has a role on the team as a 3rd down and f*k we are losing RB. 

Edit: Since he want C.Thomoson I would still do it

Edited by Jon21

I am having a hard time deciding this one. That cincy offense is some kind of awful and they have a 3 way rb rotation. While you don't really need graham, Doug Martin will be back soon and I don't see you needing mixon either. I think I would stay and keep Thompson.

2 minutes ago, headbusta42 said:

I am having a hard time deciding this one. That cincy offense is some kind of awful and they have a 3 way rb rotation. While you don't really need graham, Doug Martin will be back soon and I don't see you needing mixon either. I think I would stay and keep Thompson.

Appreciate the contrarian response! Sometimes these threads turn into echo chambers without a lot of reasoning given. 

I don't own mixon in any league. And I wouldn't want to. As long as Jeremy hill and Giovanni bernard exist, his value is extremely capped. You're giving up too much for what your getting: someone I wouldn't even want on my bench. I'd rather have a handcuff for one of my RBs or something rather than mixon at this point. The only thing Mixon is good for is trading to people who take the bait.

Edited by grimsfield

Graham hasn't been the same since he left Drew. Id probably keep Thompson if possible I think hell be big. Id go with Johnson and Graham for Mixon! Mixons hazy right now but if the Bengals pick it up he should become the number 1. Has the talent! thanks again for the help

You're getting robbed. congrats to the other guy if he pulls this theft off

4 hours ago, headbusta42 said:

i appreciate his contrarian view too.  and understand his logic.   i think maybe he feels you can get better for what you're offering. but if you don't need both why do it?    I feel you're just consolidating your talent when making the trade.  I normally don't like having 2 TEs on my team if I don't need one.   if you're TE is a question mark is the only time I validating having 2. for example I picked up witten  while i have m. bennett because bennett hasn't performed.  i don't have a kicker in my lineup.  I can still drop witten by Monday night and pick up a kicker that night if I haven't won my matchup.   YOU DON'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM.  your TE1 is locked in.  keep upgrading the rest of your squad now.   

I say pull the trigger. 

p.s. can you both weigh in on similar topic? 

I like the trade. It's good value and you have wrtz. Nixon may not pan out but it's worth it to find out