ballr3

Kristaps Porzingis 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Wow.  Knicks are tanking now.  This not good for THJ owners either.  No reason to rush either of them back now

4 minutes ago, JMega said:

"Left Knee Soreness" is all they're saying. He won't be back this game.

I think its good that they came right out and said that it was soreness.

16 minutes ago, JballFan said:

Wow.  Knicks are tanking now.  This not good for THJ owners either.  No reason to rush either of them back now

In that case... Free Willy! But seriously, damn if it is serious.

Soreness is not a bad thing...this is why depth is important though. You have to play the wire and have options. Get your watch list ready y'alll. I have MKG and J Rich on mine. Random names, but my point stands. Injuries are a way of life, sh*t happens, coming from a Porzingis owner.

• Like 1

Ha.

man, you guys keep referring to an initial tweet of nothingness that happened to include the word sore.

im hoping for the best, but "sore" is a description that has often preceded more specific diagnosis, like "torn" and "sprained"

3 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Soreness is not a bad thing...this is why depth is important though. You have to play the wire and have options. Get your watch list ready y'alll. I have MKG and J Rich on mine. Random names, but my point stands. Injuries are a way of life, sh*t happens, coming from a Porzingis owner.

Great point! So glad I grabbed John Collins off the wire 2 days ago

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hoopnking24 said:

If A. Player. Injured. Call. Em. Por-zin-gus. "*PUSSY*"

The forum emoticons need to add a "thumb down" or a "dislike" button.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nateyeight said:

Great point! So glad I grabbed John Collins off the wire 2 days ago

15/7 in 20 minutes today, picking up right where he left off! *fist bump*

• Thanks 1

Just now, NBA_OG said:

The forum emoticons need to add a "thumb down" or a "dislike" button.

Is that on the top of your Santa wishlist, bud?

Get ya pop culture game up.

5 minutes ago, hoopnking24 said:

Is that on the top of your Santa wishlist, bud?

Get ya pop culture game up.

No. But ideally all the members' posts and contributions are aligned with what Rotoworld wants to accomplish on this site. One obvious goal of the forums would be to increase members' interactions through quality, creative, new, and perhaps even humorous contents. 

But calling a player names really isn't any of that. And it's actually something anyone can do, kind of simple and pointless. 

If it's serious, setting my lineup all the way til March and being for the season. F-ck off.

The positive is he did not go down and was able to walk under own power....negative is that he was out in a close game with soreness whatever that means...let's hope the lizard heals quickly this time as well...

Non-contact not usually good...this guy is as frail as the brow....

Porzingis tweaked his knee but feeling is it’s not too serious

New York Daily News post game report is no real concern for anything serious....still looking to add depth as he is to frail for my liking...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Ha.

man, you guys keep referring to an initial tweet of nothingness that happened to include the word sore.

im hoping for the best, but "sore" is a description that has often preceded more specific diagnosis, like "torn" and "sprained"

No. "twisted knee" is usually a description for "torn" or "sprained."  However I am not saying "sore" cant mean "sprained." 

2 hours ago, HelloMelo said:

No. "twisted knee" is usually a description for "torn" or "sprained."  However I am not saying "sore" cant mean "sprained." 

I don't think you read my post all the way through

14 hours ago, JballFan said:

This is such an irresponsible, and misleading post that it should be pointed out, IMO. Knicks are in the pack of teams fighting for the 6-8 seeds. Tanking....just such a mindless reaction. His ankle touched the floor and he sat out 2 games. Where was the tanking mentality in that?

13 hours ago, jjbooda said:

The positive is he did not go down and was able to walk under own power....negative is that he was out in a close game with soreness whatever that means...let's hope the lizard heals quickly this time as well...

Non-contact not usually good...this guy is as frail as the brow....

He tweaked it in the first half. One of the Nets blew by him and he didn't feel comfortable challenging the shot in the start of the 3Q and took himself out immediately. It wasn't an issue of closing out a close game because it was a couple minutes into the 3Q. It isn't like he left with 5 minutes left of 4Q crunchtime. 

So in your opinion Brow is the frail top round pick. And a lot of people reference Brow as the most injury prone early pick. I understand that reference, but here are some facts.  Here is a list of games played for the last 3 years (including this year). You tell me who the frail top pick is....

Porzingis- 72, 66, 24= 162

Durant- 72, 66, 24= 162

AD- 61, 75, 24= 160

CP3- 74, 61, 12= 147

Kawhi- 72, 74, 1= 147

And it isn't like I am cherry picking with this list either. All of these dudes have a history of missing games and the list can be expanded but I think it makes my point. If KP is frail then where do you draw the line? 

It is entirely possible that KP tore an ACL, tore a meniscus, or could be playing next game. We have no idea. And it is sort of besides the point. His "frail" body hasn't changed and every owner complaining about him now (not saying that is you @jjbooda), you all had a chance to deal him away after his historic performance last game. And you all had the opportunity to trade him away when he was beasting before his ankle touched the ground and he missed 2 games...2!!!! So please don't complain about it now. We all know what we signed up for. I own him in a league where there are no trades. I own him in dynasty. Look at the dude. He is a bagillion feet tall and weighs like 225 pounds. He is a maniac. A Shawn Bradley body with the mentality of Russell Westbrook. What do you expect? This is who he is. When it is good it is amazing. But it won't be a smooth ride.