ballr3

Andre Drummond 2017-2018 Season Outlook

8 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Blake never took much of deandres boards

Other stats may be a concern

He didn't? Dj has -3.8 rebs per 36 min when he shares the floor with Blake. Also, 58% of Drummond's assist were to either Harris or Bradley. On top of that, Blake only dished 0.8 assists per game to dj, so he plays his own offense without including the C so much. Damn, this trade just screwed us

Edit: I'm not even mentioning the usage rate

Edited by nyer01

Lets not lie to ourselves. Drummond's value is obviously taking a hit. How big a hit is the question. Think it won't be too much, and will put up late 2nd round value early 3rd which is still better than what I got in return for him. 
And don't forget that Griffin is a walking time bomb. If Griffin goes down for a stretch then that puts Drummond in a very interesting position B)

I see it working out in the long run. Blake can stretch the floor and pass

3 hours ago, nyer01 said:

He didn't? Dj has -3.8 rebs per 36 min when he shares the floor with Blake. Also, 58% of Drummond's assist were to either Harris or Bradley. On top of that, Blake only dished 0.8 assists per game to dj, so he plays his own offense without including the C so much. Damn, this trade just screwed us

Edit: I'm not even mentioning the usage rate

It's not like Harris left for nothing, any reason why those same assists can't go to the 25 ppg scorer they just acquired?

I think his impact on Drummond is over blown, if anything Drummond might increase his efficiency from the field playing with someone like Blake. This is also a different team and coach, a coach that has historically played through his centers, so judging off of the offense Doc ran seems irrelevant imo

Who else do they have now?  You've got Griff ,Drum and a bunch of chuckers.  You think Stanley, Kennard, Bullock, Reed ...etc are going to go so balls out that Drum won't score?  All they have are BG and Drummond , it'll be interesting to see how it plays out but 35%-45%+ of their points on any given night should be from their two big men.   The surrounding lack of talent should assuage fears

Edited by MynameisMudd

Enjoy tonight's line, hopefully Blake doesn't fck this Allstar play momentum. 

11 minutes ago, XOrad10 said:

Enjoy tonight's line, hopefully Blake doesn't fck this Allstar snub momentum. 

ftfy

On 30/1/2018 at 1:40 PM, Judicious said:

I see it working out in the long run. Blake can stretch the floor and pass

It's not like Harris left for nothing, any reason why those same assists can't go to the 25 ppg scorer they just acquired?

I think his impact on Drummond is over blown, if anything Drummond might increase his efficiency from the field playing with someone like Blake. This is also a different team and coach, a coach that has historically played through his centers, so judging off of the offense Doc ran seems irrelevant imo

sure, i'm not saying that he will become 100th all of a sudden, but he was a beast, and now i'm afraid he'll just go back to normal.

giphy.gif

rare footage of yesterday drummond's performance

“We haven’t decided all that yet, but I do think there’s times where they’ll both be on the floor together. But I think I would like to stagger it where most of the time, at least one of them’s out there on the floor,” Van Gundy said after Wednesday’s practice.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/svgs-advice-newest-piston-dont-worry-about-fitting-just-be-blake-griffin

• Like 1

21 hours ago, -M- said:

“We haven’t decided all that yet, but I do think there’s times where they’ll both be on the floor together. But I think I would like to stagger it where most of the time, at least one of them’s out there on the floor,” Van Gundy said after Wednesday’s practice.

http://www.nba.com/pistons/features/svgs-advice-newest-piston-dont-worry-about-fitting-just-be-blake-griffin

fingers crossed

On the positive side.. I just heard somewhere that Blake's mid-range is like 23% this year or something.. which means drummond's rebounds and easy tip-ins/put-back is going to go through the roof! :D

27 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Well. Andres 0/4 and Blake’s got 9 points. 

More to do with going against Gasol than playing next to Blake I’d guess. Still a pretty solid half for Drummond.

I looked yesterday and he had like 0 points and 5 rebounds in 13 minutes, then fortunately he turned it around. It was also a tough matchup, let's hope he keeps it going!