Sign in to follow this  
ballr3

Kyle Lowry 2017-2018 Season Outlook

16 hours ago, ovofnd said:

It looks like dude's in a slump again, right where I left him in October haha. What's his ROS outlook? I'm not expecting 20ppg. Is 18-6-7-1.5stl-3triples doable?

Doable but the fg%/points will be up and down like a roller coaster not steady production. Everything else seems legit

1 hour ago, Mikhov said:

Doable but the fg%/points will be up and down like a roller coaster not steady production. Everything else seems legit

Any reason why Lowry's shot attempts are down this season? Casey just wants to play a deeper rotation and keep him fresh for the playoffs this year?

13 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Any reason why Lowry's shot attempts are down this season? Casey just wants to play a deeper rotation and keep him fresh for the playoffs this year?

They have changed their offense some and it's been more effective. They are taking more 3's and the shots are being dispersed all around a bit more. I'm sure keeping him fresh is some part of it but at the same times it seems they knew they needed to change the offense in order to have a better chance to get over the hump in the playoffs. Here's an article that goes over some of the changes a bit. http://www.nba.com/article/2017/12/25/toronto-raptors-three-pointers-demar-derozan#/

Edited by HK-47
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He’s got great value right now. Traded him in a package for Westbrook. If your fantasy playoff finals (yahoo default) lands  on their 2 day week, trading him for a top 5 guy is a win-win; you upgrade your team, and if you manage to ship him to one of the top competitors in your league, you basically handcuff them to that horrid final week.

Dang. I can't deal with more injuries this season. I was about to trade him too in a deal earlier today.

Fantasy aside, I hope Lowry's ok.

• Like 1

Picked up Wright last week so this is my first time really watching Tor play in a while.

Lowry plays like a football player with the way he throws his body around.  Not surprising he gets dinged up a lot.

The fall on his back didnt look great but didnt look too bad to me either.  They have a back to back tomorrow so maybe he sits but I'd guess he will be fine.

Edited by VaTerp
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VaTerp said:

The fall on his back didnt look great but didnt look too bad to me either.  They have a back to back tomorrow so maybe he sits but I'd guess he will be fine.

I picked up Wright and was the reason I was watching too. I thought the aftermath of the injury looked way worse than the injury itself. Meaning I didn't think it was serious at all until he had to get carried off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, monkeyzonSteroids said:

so I lose Lowry and AD on the same night? Jesus.....

Me too!  Killing me...

Lowry has struggled with back problems before which is what is most worrying. Could well be rested for a few weeks as Raps don't need to chase wins

There’s injury #1826361 of the season. Smh.

2 minutes ago, Jin said:

There’s injury #1826361 of the season. Smh.

Bro, you were in the KD thread too yeah? This just messed up my day, on top of all the KD rest days. Ugh.

Just did some reading. I'm no doctor and have no medical background (so take this with a huge grain of salt), but from past NBA injuries around back spasms and Lowry's history with back issues, I'm not optimistic.

Back spasms can last for weeks. They're the symptom of an underlying injury (generally nerve or disc related). The fact that the spasms were acute would also, to my understanding, indicate that the injury is severe. Reinjury via spasms are also very common.

Lowry has had back issues dating to a few seasons ago that prevented him from playing in the playoffs. I'm 99.9% sure that he's going to sit out at least 8-10 games because of this. Sucks for Lowry owners, but it is what it is.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Xmantt said:

On my 12 teamer dlo is nearing a return but lowry just came down. Damn. 

Yeah, I have Harden, THO, Dlo, and Demarre in a big money league. Not even including Gallinari since I dropped him. 

This year has been brutal. 

17 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Ya lost me right there my dude

Ey brah, just giving my two cents. Watch and see what happens tomorrow.

Medical background or not, reading is reading and I'm willing to bet that he's out for 3-8 weeks :ph34r:

Edited by ovofnd
  • Thanks 1

This definitely sounds like its going to be a lingering injury throughout the season especially since they're ranked comfortably in the Eastern conference and his history with injuries. :(