Sign in to follow this  
ballr3

Kyle Lowry 2017-2018 Season Outlook

41 minutes ago, hakeemthedream said:

%37.2 fg this season. buy low candidate?

Definitely worth trying. Savvy owners won't panic, but as you can see on this thread there are already guys wanting to move him.

So are we not going to address the elephant in the room? From a career best 23 points to 13 points this season? 

Lowry is deferring a lot to his teammates, but somehow DeRozan is still getting his shots. Are Casey's new rotations + schemes going to stick? Lowry is a streaky shooter. If he's not shooting 45-50% on the night, he's not getting 18+ points.

• Like 1

Raptors have some talented young players that can score, Lowry doesn't need to carry much of the offensive burden like last year.

5 minutes ago, driss lol said:

Raptors have some talented young players that can score, Lowry doesn't need to carry much of the offensive burden like last year.

They also will likely try to reduce his minutes a bit if Casey can. Dude plays a lot of minutes for someone who's had some injury history. He was even out in the final couple playoff games vs the Cavs. Thankfully, he seems to be in the best shape of his life right now too.

21 minutes ago, driss lol said:

I can see that, but surely not to the point where he sheds 10 PPG off his average?

4 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

I can see that, but surely not to the point where he sheds 10 PPG off his average?

FG% is 39% ... and he is only shooting 1,5FT so far. He is just not hot yet . Should those normalise to carreer averages his points will bump at 19+ . Just a slow start

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

So are we not going to address the elephant in the room? From a career best 23 points to 13 points this season? 

Lowry is deferring a lot to his teammates, but somehow DeRozan is still getting his shots. Are Casey's new rotations + schemes going to stick? Lowry is a streaky shooter. If he's not shooting 45-50% on the night, he's not getting 18+ points.

Elephant in the room?

Is this your first time owning Lowry or what?

This guy is a bona fide allstar, hes always gonna find a way to deliver no matter what. "13 points this season" , i did not knew the season is over.

Trade him for Schroder, he has 22+ points. 22 > 13.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

Elephant in the room?

Is this your first time owning Lowry or what?

This guy is a bona fide allstar, hes always gonna find a way to deliver no matter what. "13 points this season" , i did not knew the season is over.

Trade him for Schroder, he has 22+ points. 22 > 13.

Haha. Why the aggression? I'm just asking a question. 

I've owned Lowry for a few seasons across 7-8 years. I'm good. It was a simple query on usage. You don't need to undermine me on the value of diverse stat sets, I'm not putting heavy weight on points, more so on changes in real life ball. 

You alright? ?

Edited by ovofnd

3 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Haha. Why the aggression? I'm just asking a question. 

I've owned Lowry for a few seasons across 7-8 years. I'm good. It was a simple query on usage. You don't need to undermine me on the value of diverse stat sets, I'm not putting heavy weight on points, more so on changes in real life ball. 

Its clear you havent watched Raptors games since you question his usage. 

They dont have new offensive weapons, they just move the ball a lot more now and Lowry is in a shooting slump at the moment, nothing more.

Watch some games first.

I like Lowry , owned in a dynasty since his second season . Guys laughed at me when I said Aaron Brooks is garbage and Lowry will overtake him and be an all star.  That being said , expect a drop off in points , 3s and steals this year .Its inevitable .  I think he settles in at around 15-16 ppg.

Edited by Rainsford
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

Its clear you havent watched Raptors games since you question his usage. 

They dont have new offensive weapons, they just move the ball a lot more now and Lowry is in a shooting slump at the moment, nothing more.

Watch some games first.

His usage rate is down. Raptors are playing less iso ball. I accept that.

However, a 10PPG dropoff is huge. I expect him to settle at 15-17PPG this season, but it's looking like he won't be anywhere near last season's production across the board, sans AST.

lowry has only shot 43+% one time in the last 9 years and that was last year

wouldnt surprise me if he was 41-42% again

Edited by colepenhagen

I am punting points so a drop in that cat wouldn't hurt me especially if it would come with more assists, if he could be more efficient and get a more steals i would be satisfied

Pure garbage, will end up being the worst fantasy player this year at his ADP

• he should be in jail committing highway robbery with his 3 year 90 million dollar contract

16 minutes ago, azeri98 said:
  • he should be in jail committing highway robbery with his 3 year 90 million dollar contract

Got paid got lazy . Nothing to lose . No matter how good he plays over the next couple of years he is never gonna sniff a contract like that again. .No motivation and nothing to play for and honestly this team is pretty good but they will never get over the hump .