Sign in to follow this  
ballr3

Kyle Lowry 2017-2018 Season Outlook

yeah FU ref I needed lowry to get a steal or two. my opponent still have butler and brolo while I had the early games. instead winning 5-4 I'll lose 4-5

Has anyone (aside from the dray trade a page back) successfully shipped him off within the last few days? The negative blurbs were one thing, but this ejection further dampers things. I’m on the fence about keeping him.

23 minutes ago, Wise guy91 said:

Lost by 1 steal today. I wish I was dead 

me too. just because of the ejection

I only watched one game and didn't pass the eye test to me. Derozan owner offered 1 for 1 for lowry and I accepted, fully aware of the risk of losing a 2nd rounder stud like lowry.........BUUUUUT i also considered that derozan is 3 years younger and I need the pts more than assists so i pulled the trigger. 

2 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

Has anyone (aside from the dray trade a page back) successfully shipped him off within the last few days? The negative blurbs were one thing, but this ejection further dampers things. I’m on the fence about keeping him.

Yeah, I'm the guy who shipped Lowry for Dray, and after today's ejection I accepted that trade without hesitation before the other team decided to rescind haha.

His name still holds value IMO. If you're not a believer this season, trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder quickly. Stay if you think he'll turn things around obviously. I just hated having Lowry, Jimmy and Millsap together. They've been underwhelming headaches.

2 hours ago, KuramaHiei said:

I only watched one game and didn't pass the eye test to me. Derozan owner offered 1 for 1 for lowry and I accepted, fully aware of the risk of losing a 2nd rounder stud like lowry.........BUUUUUT i also considered that derozan is 3 years younger and I need the pts more than assists so i pulled the trigger. 

derozan is a great player

As frustrating as it is it's still too early. I've had players who's had a crap 1st month then turn it around to the expected 1st n 2nd round value. Hopefully this ejection is what he needs to get going. He's starting off games way to slow then playing catch up so that needs to change. His FG and  FT attempts are are down by a huge amount so that also a huge factor which should go back to the norm.  From the games I've watched he's still looks just as motivated as before so I don't think him getting paid has had influence. 

Edited by Pirate

13 hours ago, driss lol said:

panicking because a trash ref ejected him for nothing?

Has he played well when not being ejected, nope

First 8 games last season he averaged 17.5 before he went in beast mode a couple weeks later. We need beast mode and in a hurry. 

Lowry says the back soreness he's been dealing with is from all the travel/hotel beds, won't hinder him from playing.

18 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

I wasn’t the Lowry owner, I was on the other side of it and traded Lonzo Ball + Gortat for him. Idk if I won but I was tired of Ball destroying my FG which is ironic Bc now Lowry is going to destroy it.  At least for this year I think Lowry has more upside.  I think the only trades you will get for Lowry are ones in which the opposing owner is disappointed with whoever he traded.  You can probably get bledsoe out of it.  :D

Edited by StifleTower2

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

I wasn’t the Lowry owner, I was on the other side of it and traded Lonzo Ball + Gortat for him. Idk if I won but I was tired of Ball destroying my FG which is ironic Bc now Lowry is going to destroy it.  At least for this year I think Lowry has more upside.  I think the only trades you will get for Lowry are ones in which the opposing owner is disappointed with whoever he traded.  You can probably get bledsoe out of it.  :D

That makes sense hah. I think injured guys would work too; I saw him go for Eric Gordon + Zach Lavine in one league.

1 minute ago, StifleTower2 said:

You dont know if you won a trade where you get a proven top 25 player for two scrubs that wont crack top 70?

2 minutes ago, dekciw_1 said:

You dont know if you won a trade where you get a proven top 25 player for two scrubs that wont crack top 70?

Ofc I think Lowry will recover and have a good year, otherwise I wouldn’t have bought low.  However, there are no guarantees, and I won’t know whether I won the trade until sometime in March.  

As a Raptors fan I have more confidence in Delon and FVV right now. Kyle is brick city. I'm sure a hot streak will come, but overall a sub 40% fg season is realistic in my opinion. 

I own him in almost almost all my leagues for either $30-32 auction and #22 draft pick on a standard snake. I'm a money-ball player, I believe in stats not eye tests and I am no fan of any player/team. Those who are panicking should stop and those that don't own him should buy low. This guy has averaged out as a 1st rounder in standard 9-cat leagues for two years straight (check Basketball Monster) and Raptors basically have the same line up as before. Yes he is a year older at 31, but there's no reason to think that should cause him to dip more than a round lower (I would panic more on CP3 instead). And yes he has fizzled out after all-star break for two straight seasons because he was averaging 37+min and had minor injuries, none of which are lingering ones.

i'm actually happy to see his minutes/usage take a slight dip, it only shows that Raptors acknowledge his fizzling post-ASB and we should hopefully have him during fantasy playoffs. He will probably not sneak back into 1st round if that's the cause, which I'm totally fine with since I did not draft him there. Taking into account of the Raptors "cultural change" and age, I think his absolute floor ROS is going to be a 3rd rounder, which would be slightly unfortunate but that's the reward-risk we knew coming into drafting him, with a ceiling of a 1st rounder. I'd pick him over Conley who was ranked even lower than Lowry up to his ejection, Kemba who is also good but without Batum, and Wall who is a turnover machine and never rank higher than Lowry overall (good for punt TO though). There are many more worth panicking players to own, like WB who is ranked#96 right now on the season.

I've only played fantasy for 5 seasons which may be a small sample size but I have yet to see the #1 or 2 option of team with the same core players suddenly drop more than 1 round of production just a season apart.  I can be wrong but history and stats show otherwise.

Edited by kev777zero
  • Like 2

Kyle says it new  team strategy to share ball, so his usage% much less. Raptors was in the bottom for AST%, now they middle. You remember Playoffs when Kyle and Derozan sucks, so it right decision. But where steals? I was worry about Curry early season, but now he fine. Lowry... I don't own him, propose Dragic+Tyreke and owner declined. But now when I realized situation in Toronto I doubt for Lowry.

It's sad when 17-6-6-1-0-0 is considered a good game for Lowry.  It's scary that a 54% shooting game can only get him 17 points. Or the last FULL game he played, he shot 55% and had just 15 points in 35 minutes. He'd be lucky to end up Shooting 44% shooting for this year.  Last 2 years, he shot  46% and 42% and scored over 20 points per game. So if he shoots 54% and can only get 17 points, we're in trouble. The problem is he is playing 7 minutes less per game and his usage is much lower. I don't know what happened to his steals either.   I was so happy that I got him at #23. Unbelievable. 

Edited by magic32

One thing to note is he averaged 6 fta last year and <2 at this point of the season. Watched a few games and he gets killed on a few plays, lots of missed calls. Could partly be the reason why he keeps taking J’s because he isn’t getting any love from the refs for whatever reason.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:48 AM, ovofnd said:

Yeah, I'm the guy who shipped Lowry for Dray, and after today's ejection I accepted that trade without hesitation before the other team decided to rescind haha.

His name still holds value IMO. If you're not a believer this season, trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder quickly. Stay if you think he'll turn things around obviously. I just hated having Lowry, Jimmy and Millsap together. They've been underwhelming headaches.

traded him and Capela for Elfrid (who I thought was back Sunday) and CJ McCollum

I don't trust Lowry this season

20 minutes ago, Judicious said:

traded him and Capela for Elfrid (who I thought was back Sunday) and CJ McCollum

:unsure:

22 minutes ago, Judicious said:

Shiiiiet son 
That's a bad trade :D

• Haha 1