RedDogNamedClippers

Derrick Rose 2017-2018 Season Outlook

18/4/3 with 47% shooting in NY with Carmelo and Porzin-God. Now he is teaming up with Love & Lebron in Cleveland and IT2 is out until January. Does he have some sort of fantasy relevance? He is replacing Kyrie Irving spot, so is everything stays the same PPG wise with Love & Lebron, what could be his averages in Cleveland? Hopefully he has got his 3 game down better, because that is what they will need from the point guard spot is a 3 point shooter. 

Yeah definitely a weird fit with Lebron because he's not the biggest threat from outside. Maybe he's been working on it though, you never know.

I wouldn't laugh at someone taking him in the later... LATER rounds, like passed 160, or in 16+ teams.

Personally I don't think I'd even take him if all my targets were sniped from me in the last round. I think if you're looking for more than his career low of 15 points, maybe look somewhere else. There's also the chance of the Cavs bring in someone else before the season starts.

1 minute ago, tongs said:

Yeah definitely a weird fit with Lebron because he's not the biggest threat from outside. Maybe he's been working on it though, you never know.

I wouldn't laugh at someone taking him in the later... LATER rounds, like passed 160, or in 16+ teams.

Personally I don't think I'd even take him if all my targets were sniped from me in the last round. I think if you're looking for more than his career low of 15 points, maybe look somewhere else. There's also the chance of the Cavs bring in someone else before the season starts.

Bringing in someone else like who Deron Williams? With that said, you're right it is a weird fit, they could start Calderon but he is old (35) and a defensive liability but he does knock down shots. I don't see who else they could have run the point unless they sign Wade and have him run PG like the old days.

3 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Bringing in someone else like who Deron Williams? With that said, you're right it is a weird fit, they could start Calderon but he is old (35) and a defensive liability but he does knock down shots. I don't see who else they could have run the point unless they sign Wade and have him run PG like the old days.

Didn't want to jinx it, but yes Point Wade! I was against super teams at first but now with this frenzy of an NBA it can only be more fun to watch.

• Like 1

Bron should reunite the heatles wade and cb4 or cb1 whatever # bosh will wear in cleveland.

everyone still hating him? I dunno. I mean, i hate him as a player in real life, but i think he'll be good in fantasy... averaging 15ppg and 4 assts. Gotta own that in 12 team.

Edited by LyondellBasell

14 minutes ago, LyondellBasell said:

everyone still hating him? I dunno. I mean, i hate him as a player in real life, but i think he'll be good in fantasy... averaging 15ppg and 4 assts. Gotta own that in 12 team.

Not sure about that. An empty 14-4 without meaningful contributions in steals, and threes isnt worth much. Its almost impossible to roster a PG in todays nba with deficiencies in both threes and steals and not harm your team build. 

7 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Not sure about that. An empty 14-4 without meaningful contributions in steals, and threes isnt worth much. Its almost impossible to roster a PG in todays nba with deficiencies in both threes and steals and not harm your team build. 

I wouldn't say Rose is completely empty on 3pm and steals. Low-end, yes. But not a zero.

On this team, given their need for a stand-up 3, he might get back to 1 3pm per game, which is well within his capabilities. He was doing 1.5 3pm in Chicago, after the ACL injury. He stopped shooting the 3 in NYC, but should be able to shoot enough to get to 1+ per game in Cleveland. This has everything to do with how they use him.

On steals, he is not going to get to 1, but .5 is certainly do-able. And the overall stats should be more like 16-4-3. He had 18ppg in NYC in the triangle. He's been slashing to the hoop pretty well in preseason.

So overall, he can be a low-end PG to round out a team in need of one.

• Like 1

The only reason to roster D Rose is if you're punting everything. Dude has been washed up for the past 3 years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

what kind of league are you in? i don't get this thinking. If you're in h2h and you've got a few other better PGs and Gs and you slot in Rose on the days those guys aren't playing or throw him into Utl or spot and he gets you 18 points and 4 assists and a steal, how is he not an asset on the lower end of your team? How is he impossible to roster? 

2 minutes ago, LyondellBasell said:

what kind of league are you in? i don't get this thinking. If you're in h2h and you've got a few other better PGs and Gs and you slot in Rose on the days those guys aren't playing or throw him into Utl or spot and he gets you 18 points and 4 assists and a steal, how is he not an asset on the lower end of your team? How is he impossible to roster? 

I dont play head to head. 

• Like 1

Poor man's Andrew Wiggins. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

ED: Broke man's Andrew Wiggins.

Edited by rando
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

he's going to be good in the first couple months with IT out .. i drafted him late so that i can trade him when he accumulates some value early on 

1 hour ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

he's going to be good in the first couple months with IT out .. i drafted him late so that i can trade him when he accumulates some value early on 

no one burt a total rookie newbie would trade for Rose based on early value- they know his days are numbered, just like you do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rotojoe said:

no one burt a total rookie newbie would trade for Rose based on early value- they know his days are numbered, just like you do.

you always got risk takers in every L

Rose is available in my league and I have an open spot. I can take the hit this week. For a long term outlook do you think he’s worth it? What role and stats should I expect?

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:50 PM, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

you always got risk takers in every L

That wouldn't be a risk taker, it would be a moron

13 hours ago, Roto4500 said:

That wouldn't be a risk taker, it would be a moron

there are those who felt he could build on last year .. i personally wasn't feelin it, so i dropped him for taurean prince 

On 11/13/2017 at 1:40 PM, BlueMeteor said:

This dude needs to just retire

Well played 

• Like 1