Code of Hammurabi

Zach Lavine 2017-2018 Season Outlook

LET'S GO!!!!

Goodwill was on The Spiegel and Parkins Show on 670 The Score Friday morning and said the following about LaVine’s return.

“I remember hearing that his timeline was to come back around Christmas, or a little bit before that. I wouldn’t be surprised if he weren’t back by the end of the month, somewhere around Thanksgiving. Not to necessarily rush him back or anything because I don’t think the Bulls should. I don’t think he would want to (rush back), especially with this year being tank-a-palooza, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he weren’t ready to play at least at some point by the end of the month.”

(Vincent Goodwill)

http://sportsmockery.com/2017/11/bulls-insider-says-zach-lavine-back-sooner-expected/

• Like 1

Is now a good time to stash in ten teams ? Do you think his rebounding numbers will go up ? 

2 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

Is now a good time to stash in ten teams ? Do you think his rebounding numbers will go up ? 

Yes! And who cares? He will score 20ppg on that team.

27 minutes ago, tallball said:

Yes! And who cares? He will score 20ppg on that team.

after about a month back, assuming no setbacks and that he still has all his athleticism, i would expect closer to 25 ppg...this bulls team is that offensively talentless that zach will be like their MJ lol

Just now, richg24 said:

after about a month back, assuming no setbacks and that he still has all his athleticism, i would expect closer to 25 ppg...this bulls team is that offensively talentless that zach will be like their MJ lol

OK now I feel bad for getting him off the wire. 

CANNOT WAIT for his return. Should be a scoring machine, elite in 3PM and on decent (for a guard) FG%. Hoping for 44-45 FG%.

Even better if you've got him on a punt assists build.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2017 at 11:18 PM, The Unknown said:

I'm expecting top 50 Value as well....I handcuffed Holiday with him

I did the same, and I think Holiday might even be a better, more efficient player with LaVine back.

Fred Hoiberg hinted that Zach LaVine (knee) could be cleared to start taking contact on November 19.

"Zach is doing pretty much everything with us now 5-on-0, still no contact," Hoiberg said. "We hope when we go out on our West Coast trip [starting Nov. 19] to have him cleared for some element of contact and then take it from there." It doesn't sound like LaVine will be making it back to the court until December, and he'll likely be brought along slowly by the tanking Bulls. Still, there's plenty of upside here, so he's worth stashing if you've got an open IR-spot.

Source: Daily Herald
Nov 6 - 6:47 PM

Im already stashing nicolas batum with NO IR spots, is it worth stashing lavine too in 10 team  leagues? 

He's in FA in my league, but given nobody has picked him up I'm going to ride it out as long as I can. Let the waiting game begin

1 hour ago, pilkie01 said:

He's in FA in my league, but given nobody has picked him up I'm going to ride it out as long as I can. Let the waiting game begin

Any league where he's still/ever was a FA in says a lot about the leagues managers and/or the league settings. But Id have to think even leagues with no IR spots he should still be owned. Its mind blowing to continually see these posts that have him on the wire...

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Any league where he's still/ever was a FA in says a lot about the leagues managers and/or the league settings. But Id have to think even leagues with no IR spots he should still be owned. Its mind blowing to continually see these posts that have him on the wire...

Well the problem is that leagues with NO IR spots make it difficult to stash a player because you can use that space for a streamer, especially if the match ups end up being close, just for the sa ke of you stashing him can cause you to take an L that week. 

17 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

Well the problem is that leagues with NO IR spots make it difficult to stash a player because you can use that space for a streamer, especially if the match ups end up being close, just for the sa ke of you stashing him can cause you to take an L that week. 

That's the case in my league, no IR. So he was drafted then dropped. I'm also stashing Bled but it's hurting not having the additional player, lost the last 2 by 15 and 40 points.

Edited by pilkie01

Having at least one IR slot should be mandatory in all leagues these days. Injuries suck, and its one way to make them suck a lot less.

11 hours ago, Gdupm6 said:

Im already stashing nicolas batum with NO IR spots, is it worth stashing lavine too in 10 team  leagues? 

yes

just traded for him in dynasty i think he will be a 2nd half beast

he is 22 he will bounce back from the ACL

Edited by affliction

• Fred Hoiberg confirmed that the Bulls will be bringing Zach LaVine (knee) along slowly once he's cleared for contact.

"We’ll still take things slow,’’ Hoiberg said. "We won’t throw him out for an hour scrimmage the first day he gets cleared for contact. It will be a gradual process. But he’s doing great, doing everything he’s supposed to do.’’
  •  

27 minutes ago, -M- said:
  • Fred Hoiberg confirmed that the Bulls will be bringing Zach LaVine (knee) along slowly once he's cleared for contact.

"We’ll still take things slow,’’ Hoiberg said. "We won’t throw him out for an hour scrimmage the first day he gets cleared for contact. It will be a gradual process. But he’s doing great, doing everything he’s supposed to do.’’
  •  

Still worth the hold in a 10 team ? Seems like a lot with them being cautious and the supposed “restrictions”? Just curious on what others think. 

I think it's still good news - sounds like he's gonna get cleared for contact soon and is on schedule. Always thought he would have restrictions but that should clear up in December.