KilloWertz

Keeper League Trade Feedback *WHIR*

5x5 Roto 12-Team Keeper League.  Standard settings in Yahoo.  We keep 9 players.  No contracts, players being draft picks, or anything like that.  Pretty standard league of course.

My current 9 keepers are:

Gary Sanchez

Rhys Hoskins

Jonathan Schoop

Dee Gordon

Marcell Ozuna

Corey Kluber

Madison Bumgarner

Jacob deGrom

Kenley Jansen

The trade would be Dee Gordon and Kenley Jansen for J.D. Martinez.  I could slide Corey Knebel, Domingo Santana, or even DJ LeMahieu into my 9th spot if I did the trade.  I'd be more inclined to keep one of the first two I just listed, but that's really beside the point.

Would you do the trade?

Like I said in the title, WHIR.  Thanks.

I would personally wait until we know were JD will be playing next season. BP and lineup protection can make a big difference in production. I know he has looked really good in the desert, but look at Segura's numbers there last season compared to this season with the Mariners. You could see the same move back toward his average production as we saw with Segura. 

Also it is a significant downgrade from Jansen to the other 3 in terms of keeper value.

4 minutes ago, thatguy725 said:

I would personally wait until we know were JD will be playing next season. BP and lineup protection can make a big difference in production. I know he has looked really good in the desert, but look at Segura's numbers there last season compared to this season with the Mariners. You could see the same move back toward his average production as we saw with Segura. 

Also it is a significant downgrade from Jansen to the other 3 in terms of keeper value.

Thanks.  Not disagreeing with you or anything, but JD's production prior to him being shipped to Arizona was not average.  Just pointing that out, but again, I still appreciate the feedback.

Just now, KilloWertz said:

Thanks.  Not disagreeing with you or anything, but JD's production prior to him being shipped to Arizona was not average.  Just pointing that out, but again, I still appreciate the feedback.

I meant back towards his average production over the last few seasons with the Tigers. 

9 hours ago, Low and Away said:

Be more inclined to do the trade with Schoop instead of Gordon. Speed is harder to find at least this year. 

You are definitely right that speed is really hard to come by, especially somebody like Gordon who can put you in the top 3 or 4 in your league in the category on his own.  I just feel trading Schoop in the deal for J.D. would kind of defeat the purpose.  I would be trading power for power basically.

40 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

You are definitely right that speed is really hard to come by, especially somebody like Gordon who can put you in the top 3 or 4 in your league in the category on his own.  I just feel trading Schoop in the deal for J.D. would kind of defeat the purpose.  I would be trading power for power basically.

But you would be trading a power 2nd baseman for a power OF setting up your keepers better with both speed and power.  You are trading more positions rather than straight stats.

Edited by Low and Away

Honestly, I probably wouldn't. Jansen is elite and SB are hard to come by. I say stay. You can recover from power more, especially in the OF. JD is great, I just don't think it's worth it. No other keeper really does it for me. Thanks for the help on mine.

@Low and Away @FinalProphet  Thanks for the opinions, but there is an update since you posted.  I am working on a deal to try to get Ozzie Albies, who I could slide in there as my 9th keeper instead of the other options I mentioned (Santana, Knebel, DJ).  Would that make a difference in the opinions on whether I should do Gordon and Jansen for J.D. Martinez?  He wasn't running at first, but now he's running a lot.  Obviously I'm not expecting him to challenge 60 SBs every season, but this is seeming like an indication he should be a pretty solid contributor there.

Not for me as most of the teams I build always seem to come up short in the speed area. Also tbh in a keep 9 Jansen is very appealing no matter what the format. But if doing the trade I'd rather include Schoop. You are also gambling on where JD ends up as a FA. 

On 9/27/2017 at 5:26 PM, KilloWertz said:

5x5 Roto 12-Team Keeper League.  Standard settings in Yahoo.  We keep 9 players.  No contracts, players being draft picks, or anything like that.  Pretty standard league of course.

My current 9 keepers are:

Gary Sanchez

Rhys Hoskins

Jonathan Schoop

Dee Gordon

Marcell Ozuna

Corey Kluber

Madison Bumgarner

Jacob deGrom

Kenley Jansen

The trade would be Dee Gordon and Kenley Jansen for J.D. Martinez.  I could slide Corey Knebel, Domingo Santana, or even DJ LeMahieu into my 9th spot if I did the trade.  I'd be more inclined to keep one of the first two I just listed, but that's really beside the point.

Would you do the trade?

Like I said in the title, WHIR.  Thanks.

So basically you're gaining a keeper. The trade would be Gordon and Jansen for JDM and (Knebel or D-San).

I think you can definitely use a power bat like JDM, but I'm also not high on Gordon. Personally I would keep D-San and to me JDM/D-San > Gordon/Jansen but I've never been a big 'keep a closer' manager

Help?

I play in a 24 team dynasty/keeper league, we are allowed to keep our best 15 players each year and the rest of our players are dropped and put back into the draft. My keepers right now are; K. Ruiz(C), J. Bell(1B), S. Kingery(2B), C. Seager(SS), B. Bichette(SS), J. Lamb(3B), J. Candelario(3B), A. Benintendi(OF), J. Upton(OF), A. Hays(OF), L. Taveras(OF), B. Honeywell(P), J. Weaver(P), J. Cueto(P), K. Allard(P). I was offered Machado and J. Reddick for  Benintendi and J. Lamb, I could care less about Reddick but I wanted to get some feedback on weather Machado is worth giving up Beni and Lamb based on my current roster. Plus I was offered Sixto Sanchez and Joc Pederson for J. Cueto, I have been thinking these trades over and over and would like to get some feedback. Thank You

I play in a 24 team dynasty/keeper league, we are allowed to keep our best 15 players each year and the rest of our players are dropped and put back into the draft. My keepers right now are; K. Ruiz(C), J. Bell(1B), S. Kingery(2B), C. Seager(SS), B. Bichette(SS), J. Lamb(3B), J. Candelario(3B), A. Benintendi(OF), J. Upton(OF), A. Hays(OF), L. Taveras(OF), B. Honeywell(P), J. Weaver(P), J. Cueto(P), K. Allard(P). I was offered Machado and J. Reddick for  Benintendi and J. Lamb, I could care less about Reddick but I wanted to get some feedback on weather Machado is worth giving up Beni and Lamb based on my current roster. Plus I was offered Sixto Sanchez and Joc Pederson for J. Cueto, I have been thinking these trades over and over and would like to get some feedback. Thank You