Rotoworld.com Forums

Kris Dunn 2017-2018 Season Outlook

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im a basketball fan, so I'm pretending the Knicks and Bulls don't excist. 

? His role will stay the same, which is the starting point guard. The only thing that will change is less shot attempts. 

STARTING

My other post yesterday got deleted when the mods merged the thread. This dude is one of the worst offensive players I've ever seen in the nba. He makes Marcus Smart and Elfrid Payton look like god sends offensively. He's that bad. The good news for managers is that he is probably tolerable in h2h formats where the blocks, steals and assists can be deployed without imploding your team build like in roto. Im trying to be objective, but watching him in that pre-season game last nigh left a sour taste in my mouth. 

• Haha 1

Is Chicago's mangement retarded? Or conspiracy?

Wasn't the whole point of trading Butler and buying out Wade was to tank the season? Chicago should be playing their worst players.  They should start and play the terrible Dunn 30+ minutes and give the punt FG/TO owners something to cheer for. Or maybe Chicago is not a stupid organization after all? Maybe Dunn is in fact super talented and they dont want to risk Dunn taking them out of the running for a high draft pick? 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, BetterCallHinkie said:

Is Chicago's mangement retarded? Or conspiracy?

Wasn't the whole point of trading Butler and buying out Wade was to tank the season? Chicago should be playing their worst players.  They should start and play the terrible Dunn 30+ minutes and give the punt FG/TO owners something to cheer for. Or maybe Chicago is not a stupid organization after all? Maybe Dunn is in fact super talented and they dont want to risk Dunn taking them out of the running for a high draft pick? 

Cheap but also want to tank. They were gonna bring milos over on a 3 year deal worth $30 million but backed out after Butler trade. So they are tanking and also cheap.

• Like 1

Terrible offensively but the low attempts means he doesn't hurt that much on %.  

I have him in 100-120 if he can get to 10 PTS 0.7 3PT 4.2 REB 6 AST 1.7 STL 0.7 BLK 2.5 TO, with the possibility of being a total bust.  Meaning a viable flier after 11th pick.  

So far looks okay in the pre-season but probably needs 30 minutes to hit those numbers and likely only getting 26~28.  

Jerian Grant will start for the Bulls on Friday vs. the Bucks.

Coach Fred Hoiberg intimated last week that Grant and Kris Dunn would alternate starts at point guard, but Dunn came off the bench in each of the first two preseason games and Grant gets another start on Wednesday. It appears these two will be locked in a fairly even timeshare early in the season. This is unappealing from a fantasy perspective.

1 minute ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

Just got Dunn in the last round. I watched DSJ soufflé him all game, but that didn’t deter me; who else is going to have the ball in Chicago? He has to figure things out EVENTUALLY... right? 

Grant.

17 minutes ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

I’m a Knick fan so I’ll pretend like you didn’t just say that lol. 

Im a basketball fan, so I'm pretending the Knicks and Bulls don't excist. :ph34r:

Edited by PuzzBeterson
  • Haha 4
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, BigBucks33 said:

Sooo I take it that everyone doesn't think that Dunn is worth an INJ stash??? 

He is on my IL in 14 team league, i don't expect a lot, but could fit my punt points/ft build. If he can get a solid amount of minutes consistently and get assists and steals he's gonna be alright

Just came in here to see what the forums had to say about Kris as I own no shares of him but wow didn't expect to see so much hate. im a uconn basketball fan so ive seen Kris Dunn more then a few times play in college and he is definitely not inept on offense as some may tell you in this thread. I understand college and NBA are very different but both still involve putting a basketball into a hoop.

He was selected #5 overall in last years draft by people much more knowledgeable about the game then us. He has good handles, play making abilities as a PG to rack up assists and is an average to above average shooter. Also a very good on and off the ball defender.

Im just not understanding the hate towards a top 5 pick in his second year playing in what looks to be a great situation to be a primary focal point on the bulls. Experts usually say that PG is the toughest position to transition from college to the pros and he had very high expectations last year.

Give this 23yr old a chance...

5 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Um...

How about per-36 stats of 8/4/4 with a 38/29/61 split?

Does that help you understand?

LOL...so you're willing to give up on him based on his Rookie year stats? do your self a favor and google James Harden and Steve Nash stats their first season.  think they ended up having pretty solid careers.

All im saying is to base the future on Dunn solely on last years rookie numbers when he played 17min a game isn't the best way to gauge his potential

1 minute ago, Packerguy55 said:

All im saying is to base the future on Dunn solely on last years rookie numbers when he played 17min a game isn't the best way to gauge his potential

OK buddy.  Enjoy the 6 points and 4 assists per game while tanking all of your percentages.

5 hours ago, alexstr said:

OK buddy.  Enjoy the 6 points and 4 assists per game while tanking all of your percentages.

C'mon now, you are shortchanging the man at least 50%. Dunn will get 12 points and 6 assists THEN tank all your %'s lol

I was really hopeful as a wolves fan last year. I don't think having Thibs as his coach did him any favors.

Preseason expectations never came close to reality. He had a couple of good games in March and then went back down to almost nothing. Tyus Jones was way better than Dunn.

Chicago must have seen something they liked.  Rumors of the Suns sending Bledsoe or Warren for Butler, make you wonder what happens if Dunn never gets it going.  The Bulls are going to give Dunn a good look at some point to see what they really have.  But I never saw anything last year to make me think he could be more than a 2nd unit guy at best.

But on the other end of the spectrum.

I remember the first round bust that Chauncey Billups was for years. He was drafted at 21 as the 3rd pick. He bounced around the league and 4 teams later at age 26, he found himself with the Pistons and became a star. So guys can take time to  eventually figure it out and prosper. 

I'm not saying that Dunn will be Billups. He might be Anthony Bennett in the end. But he must have been a pretty good player in the past in college. Maybe it will just take him a while to figure it out.

I added him off the WW in my 14 team league and 8/4/4 with around 1,5 steals and 0,5 blocks for one of the last guys in my PUNT PTS/FT% would be great. I don't care about his fg%, it's on a low volume and i have guys that are going to negate that. We'll see what he does in a few days, i am willing to wait if he doesn't produce close to these numbers right away