Rotoworld.com Forums

Kris Dunn 2017-2018 Season Outlook

30 minutes ago, bearlucked said:

great lines lately but opposing team metrics on D have been pretty miserable (pho, cha, sa, ind, even tor). pretty sure he will struggle pretty badly and make it truly hard to own him against good defenses but i’ll hold him.

By defensive rating. Phoenix is 28th, Charlotte is 12th, SA is 5th, Indiana is 18th, Toronto is 11th. Also, only the really good players in the league don't struggle against good defenses (and even some of them do sometimes). You act as if that's a deal breaker.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im a basketball fan, so I'm pretending the Knicks and Bulls don't excist. 

? His role will stay the same, which is the starting point guard. The only thing that will change is less shot attempts. 

STARTING

8 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

By defensive rating. Phoenix is 28th, Charlotte is 12th, SA is 5th, Indiana is 18th, Toronto is 11th. Also, only the really good players in the league don't struggle against good defenses (and even some of them do sometimes). You act as if that's a deal breaker.

Did he seriously listed Spurs as a team with bad defense? Wow

Edited by GmGodine
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, GmGodine said:

Did he seriously listed Spurs as a team with bad defense? Wow

Spurs have been bad the last week and a half, not atrocious, but definitely not good. Cha/Tor have been all over the place. I am just saying that Dunn is a great low end guy, and I hope he suceeds, but he’s putting up top 60ish value... There’s an influx of young rookie/second year players putting up top 70ish numbers in the past 2 weeks that it makes me skeptical about how sustainable it all is... I love Dunn’s statlines, but it seems a bit too good to be sustainable is all...

Just now, bearlucked said:

Spurs have been bad the last week and a half, not atrocious, but definitely not good. Cha/Tor have been all over the place. I am just saying that Dunn is a great low end guy, and I hope he suceeds, but he’s putting up top 60ish value... There’s an influx of young rookie/second year players putting up top 70ish numbers in the past 2 weeks that it makes me skeptical about how sustainable it all is... I love Dunn’s statlines, but it seems a bit too good to be sustainable is all...

How so ? If he's the starting PG for a team like the Bulls... Where it'll be him and LaVine doing most of the work on offense... I just don't see his rebs, steals to go down... I could see an increase in TO and fg%... What makes you believe he's going to slow down?

5 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

im really worried about his efficiency - i feel like his next 1/11 and 6 to game is right around the corner. worth selling high now? 

He probably will have another game like that. But the good games will outweigh the bad and I think the percentages (FG% in particular) will be better than everyone thinks. It will definitely stay better than last year.

I would stay put. If you sell high now so be it. But if not, you will certainly enjoy the elite steals!  

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

How so ? If he's the starting PG for a team like the Bulls... Where it'll be him and LaVine doing most of the work on offense... I just don't see his rebs, steals to go down... I could see an increase in TO and fg%... What makes you believe he's going to slow down?

on paper there are 30 ‘starting’ pgs in the league, some of them are 12 teamers, others are fringe/streamers. it’s hard to tell this early which he is. #1 he’s young, it’s hard to gauge his production with respect to his short career so far. #2, his minutes aren’t set in stone. he is getting minutes which is why we own him. but is he really a 28-30 minute starting pg in the league? he could be, but currently there’s like 10 1st/2nd year players getting fantasy meaningful minutes and that seems like a lot.

In a perfect league all or most of the top 150 “should” be owned, but it never works out that way. some some players fall off a cliff, others get traded, and usually as owners we’ll have a lineup that consists of 10 guys who are ownable in a particular build, +3 guys that are either a flier/stash/streamer/injured/etc... 

Is the bulls as a team going to produce enough (in fantasy terms) for us to consider all of Dunn/Lavine/Lopez/Markannen/Valentine etc... as holdable? it’s a question mark for sure.

I love Dunn as a fantasy player, and I don’t think it’s wrong to hold him but it’s like, every owner will be naturally (and rightfully) optimistic about a player they own. i am holding and benefiting from adding him myself. I just feel that some of these players, such as... donovan mitchell, jayson tatum, kuzma, murray, etc etc... many of which I own, more likely than not, will end up not being ownable ina month or so. maybe dunn is a much better fantasy player than the ones that i’ve mentioned, but it’s not like 50 of the top 150 from last year straight up went and retired or got moved right? i’m just saying only so many players can be relevant at one time, and there seems like a bit too many at the moment, one of which might or might not be dunn. that’s all.

sry for the long read*

Edited by bearlucked
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, K50K said:

So I haven’t seen this guy actually play yet. Who does his game/skill set remind you of from past or present?

John wall in his rookie/early days. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4716/

Strong and defensive minded. Slashing pg that was TO prone. Shot around similar to Dunn.

Edited by bhkim814
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Probably more 4.5-5 range.

I would still take that with the elite steals and double digit scoring. Grant as a starter was around 7 but Dunn is appears to be a dropoff as a passer, despite being the better overall player.