raptors24

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2017-2018

Also, he's #3 in TOTAL value (i.e., including those DNPs) this season, just behind LeBron and KAT.

Half-way through the season, really can't complain too much about him.

1 hour ago, KingDURANTULA said:

let's just hope he doesnt miss many more games ROS

I hardly ever read the rotoworld daily recaps, but I read today's because I was bored in a meeting.  Dude seriously said he thinks AD might get randomly sat tonight, not because of any lingering injury, just cause.  I highly doubt that that'll happen.

1 hour ago, Tom Chambers said:

I hardly ever read the rotoworld daily recaps, but I read today's because I was bored in a meeting.  Dude seriously said he thinks AD might get randomly sat tonight, not because of any lingering injury, just cause.  I highly doubt that that'll happen.

he played over 40 minutes last night

37 minutes ago, jeffr913 said:

he played over 40 minutes last night

So expect something similar today :D

No way he gets the night off, first of all he won't allow it even if the coach wants him to. Maybe he gets less minutes if they get an early lead, but the Pelicans cannot skip games. They need every win they can get.

25 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Any news on him? he should definitely play tonight? 

They can't afford to sit him... they are on the bubble of being out of the playoff spot.. if they were ahead by alot in the standings then yes we would get rest.. but not this version of the Pels.

• Like 1

He is just coasting I guess.  Pels answer to the dnp rest, light run.  He deserves an off night he has been on such a tear!

well ... surprise surprise.. he decided to take it easy they lose... bet that wont happen again.

With Boogie down can't imagine if  AD gonna be beasting even more...just gotta pray town drunk Gentry stops playing him 40 mpg.

2 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

With Boogie down can't imagine if  AD gonna be beasting even more...just gotta pray town drunk Gentry stops playing him 40 mpg.

Tradeoff though is that now AD has to bang with centers which prolly doubles his injury risk 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richg24 said:

Tradeoff though is that now AD has to bang with centers which prolly doubles his injury risk 

That is what I thought too, if anything boogie preserved AD

• Like 1

I wish Boogie the best in his recovery but damnit I can't stop thinking about AD playing like 40mpg and getting injured too. Hold me (and the boogie owners) brothas

Edited by Sarcastic

Yea, this year, while there have been a fair chunk of close calls, Davis hasn’t really missed a lot of games (and has #3 total value in 9-cat).

Cousins helps AD. This is no bueno.

• Like 1

Gotta hope they continue winning games so he doesn't get shut down during fantasy playoffs 

Anyone think Boogie’s season ending injury will make Gentry reconsider AD’s minutes? He’s playing a lot of minutes...

1 hour ago, Rbra4176 said:

Anyone think Boogie’s season ending injury will make Gentry reconsider AD’s minutes? He’s playing a lot of minutes...

We are talking about Gentry.........................whose job is probably on the line.

He needs AD more than ever in order to make the playoff.

So I'd say no

Regardless if AD plays more or same amount of minutes, his numbers will increase due to usage increase. That's actually insane because he is already the number 1 ranked player in a per game basis even with Boogie getting more usage rate than him. That shows you how good this guy is. Pretty much RWB and KD situation, KD was consistently #1 or 2 player even with RWB taking up most of the usage rate.

But I think it is the best interest of AD owners to hope that his minutes will not go out of control. That is actually easier said than done for Gentry esp since they are in playoff hunt, but he cannot over use Anthony Davis

2 hours ago, Apollo_87 said:

Yea, this year, while there have been a fair chunk of close calls, Davis hasn’t really missed a lot of games (and has #3 total value in 9-cat).

Cousins helps AD. This is no bueno.

AD us ranked #1 in my yahoo standard 9 cat league. 

Edited by HotSauce24