raptors24

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2017-2018

3 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

well its the age old arguement MJ could have won without Scottie? RodMan? Ron Harper? some locked down defenders. 

Put it this way, if you put AD in Duncan's shoes with the Spurs back then and swap em I don't think there would be much difference.

What I'm saying is that "what if"s don't matter in GOAT discussion, it's the numbers + resume that matters. And so far, AD does not have one of them. We'll see what happens in the next 5-10 years.

Edited by rush007

32 minutes ago, rush007 said:

Let me put it this way, IF MJ did not lead Chicago to 6 championships, do you think he'd be considered GOAT, even with those numbers? It's not apples and oranges. MVPs, for instance, come from winning teams. Team record matters. 

This is the problem with putting too much weight e.g. on the legendary 6-0 in the GOAT debate. Would be nice to have someone attempt to calculate team strenghts based on ELO and then measure who had tough/bad competition, who was on a good/bad team etc. There are some advanced individual metrics which try to estimate the impact that one player had on the team's achievements, but these are not enough.

Anyways, what's certain is that it's tough to become an all-time-great in a team sport without a good team/system. Certainly the Boogie injury came at a particularly bad time, since the team was finally starting to look good, stringing together winning streaks here and there (they were 8-2 when the injury occurred).

Edited by Preparing the Kool-Aid

What. A. Monster.

This dude needs to get out of NO he will waste away there. He's like a KG on steroids putting up absurd numbers. NO will never be able to put the type of team around him that he will need to win, plus who knows if Boogie will stay. The same sort of case goes for him, both of them have been amazing since coming into the league and have won nothing. 

• Like 1

This guy is unfair! How is the rest of fantasy going to compete when he's putting up monster lines and staying healthy??! If you don't have AD on your team, you're not going to win a chip this year!

8 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I hope Davis wins the MVP

Heck, Russ won it last year and his team "only" won 47 games

yeah i agree. AD has been better then Harden overall cause he cares about defense too. Sure the wins are not the same but if Pels win ~48 hes got to be considered.

Anyways the fact AD is even in the same breadth as Duncan..KG...etc is a testament to how great he is. He can be the #1 fantasy player for the next 5-8 years

9 minutes ago, rage2021 said:

yeah i agree. AD has been better then Harden overall cause he cares about defense too. Sure the wins are not the same but if Pels win ~48 hes got to be considered.

Anyways the fact AD is even in the same breadth as Duncan..KG...etc is a testament to how great he is. He can be the #1 fantasy player for the next 5-8 years

I wholeheartedly agree with all of these. The only thing that stands between him and greatness is health. Really hoping he stays healthy and the lakers trade for him! :D

5 hours ago, rush007 said:

What I'm saying is that "what if"s don't matter in GOAT discussion, 

What ifs are really the only thing that matters. The entire exercise is a hypothetical. When you argue that one player is greater than another, you're implicitly arguing that one's team would be better than the other's if they had the same help (or lack thereof).

5 hours ago, brosephd said:

i hope he at least gets some votes and mentions for MVP. 

If he sustains this level of play and they make the playoffs, he will, no doubt about it.

I'm glad that I took gambles on AD in both of my main leagues. It was just a week before Cousins got injured.

I got him for Lowry/Gasol and Jokic/Tatum in a keeper league (Jokic will be a great keeper in my format).

I had almost 200 points, 100 rebounds, and 20 blocks yesterday with AD, KAT, and Drummond (punting assists). I also just picked up Kawhi from WW. Hopefully I can win a championship when Kawhi and Millsap come back healthy.

27 minutes ago, cmj10us said:

I'm glad that I took gambles on AD in both of my main leagues. It was just a week before Cousins got injured.

I got him for Lowry/Gasol and Jokic/Tatum in a keeper league (Jokic will be a great keeper in my format).

I had almost 200 points, 100 rebounds, and 20 blocks yesterday with AD, KAT, and Drummond (punting assists). I also just picked up Kawhi from WW. Hopefully I can win a championship when Kawhi and Millsap come back healthy.

Cool story

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wasn't a crazy video-game line night, but understated performance tonight.

26-15, road win at San Antonio. Outscored the Spurs by 13 in the 4th en route to a five point victory.

MVP

Just now, Panic said:

he seems  to be in alot of pain. but the play didnt even look bad...

Anthony Day-to-dayvis

5 minutes ago, v1n5anity said:

Is water wet?

3 minutes ago, Dapro said:

what happen?

he bumped into jordan.

Edited by Panic