raptors24

Anthony Davis Season Outlook 2017-2018

It's hard to say but if I was building a franchise I would want to center it around this guy. The only thing is he doesn't have that WIN factor that Lebron, Kobe, etc. have. I just love his style of play so much though

This guy is crazy. He must have developed some regeneration mutation after all these xrays.

OmFG this would be huge for me with 3 days left in my playoff semis.

dont think he should risk it. i think hell sit then play sunday. and blow up in typical AD fashion. 

• Like 1

not starting but playing?, going through pregame warmups. 

Edited by brosephd

I feel bad for the fans that bought tickets for this game and don't get to see The Brow.

Not saying there's anything sinister going on -- injuries happen -- but watching Anthony Davis in person, especially considering how well he's been playing lately, must be quite a treat!

him not playing today is good news esp if you need next week. They way they are playing today so far, solidifies that AD should be a legit MVP candidate this year if they continue to make solid push when he returns. Harden still the favorite because Houston is having a great year, but individual performance and if you take most VALUABLE player for a team literally, Davis is more valuable to the Pelicans than Harden is to the rockets. Rockets will still win games without Harden because they have CP3, but Pelicans aren't going anywhere with their current line-up.

Also based on reports and updates, Davis wanted to play but Gentry and team decided to hold him out. So yeah he might often experience minor dings to his body, but this guy is a warrior in a sense that he will try to suit up if he can. Pelicans made the right decision and look at the bigger picture, you would rather have a healthy AD, who when healthy is arguably the best player out there, than go for a franchise record 11th straight win.

Edited by sya
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, sya said:

him not playing today is good news esp if you need next week. They way they are playing today so far, solidifies that AD should be a legit MVP candidate this year if they continue to make solid push when he returns. Harden still the favorite because Houston is having a great year, but individual performance and if you take most VALUABLE player for a team literally, Davis is more valuable to the Pelicans than Harden is to the rockets. Rockets will still win games without Harden because they have CP3, but Pelicans aren't going anywhere with their current line-up.

Also based on reports and updates, Davis wanted to play but Gentry and team decided to hold him out. So yeah he might often experience minor dings to his body, but this guy is a warrior in a sense that he will try to suit up if he can. Pelicans made the right decision and look at the bigger picture, you would rather have a healthy AD, who when healthy is arguably the best player out there, than go for a franchise record 11th straight win.

So true, if I make it to next week it will be the championship round and I will need all 4 games from da MVP (of fantasy)

8 hours ago, sya said:

If we’re going by your logic then MVP would clearly be Lebron. Cavs second best player is Nance? Clarkson? Two young guys that could barely get any run on the Lakers.

Even when CP3 missed 18 games Harden carried the team like he always does. Just like last year when CP3 wasn’t even around. 

2 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

If we’re going by your logic then MVP would clearly be Lebron. Cavs second best player is Nance? Clarkson? Two young guys that could barely get any run on the Lakers.

Even when CP3 missed 18 games Harden carried the team like he always does. Just like last year when CP3 wasn’t even around. 

You forgot Love. And without him they're now 7-6. But yeah, Cavs aren't really top heavy this year. If you also take out LBJ, not much left. But Pels are somewhat similar, although their 3rd best player (Holiday) is better than Cavs'.

Houston is phenomenal in that they have 2 PG's who can both shoot and pass/create plays at an elite level. Compare that e.g. with OKC. Elite guys, but less so (compared with Houston) in terms of distributing/moving the ball.