det_tigers

Joe Ingles 2017-18 Season Outlook

Just now, DoctorLove said:

I know he hasn't gotten the same level of opportunity in the past so kind of hard to tell, but are steals a real part of his game?  I've never watched him play.

The Jazz are very fun to watch now when they're locked in, so I would try and get a look asap. They are constantly hawking passing lanes and frustrating ball handlers. Ingles is no exception-- he's smart and very very opportunistic vs lazy passes and distracted ball-handlers, so steals come to him in the same way steals come to Rubio or Sefalosha. Steals and 3's are volatile stats night-to-night, but so far in 11 games, he's only failed to record a steal one time. I'm betting he ends up at 1.8 steals when season's over.

3 minutes ago, MrJuiceBar said:

The Jazz are very fun to watch now when they're locked in, so I would try and get a look asap. They are constantly hawking passing lanes and frustrating ball handlers. Ingles is no exception-- he's smart and very very opportunistic vs lazy passes and distracted ball-handlers, so steals come to him in the same way steals come to Rubio or Sefalosha. Steals and 3's are volatile stats night-to-night, but so far in 11 games, he's only failed to record a steal one time. I'm betting he ends up at 1.8 steals when season's over.

Great insight.  Thanks.  Just feels crazy trading Kemba for Jordan and Ingles, especially considering Ingles was drafted in the last round.

I'm gonna try to watch some Jazz games to get a look.

• Like 2

Surprised to see someone trading for him :)

mr juice bar desribe it really good,smart player and very active hands

He's in the rotoworld article just now as a pleasant surprise

Joe Ingles, No. 44 overall: I thought about writing about Devin Booker (No. 42), but we all knew that Booker had big upside and just had to fix some things to make a major leap from last year’s 129. I wasn’t trying to draft him this year, but was very aware of where he went in every one of my drafts. Ingles, on the other hand, was and is just so easy to overlook. He went No. 138 in the 30-Deep league, for example, and now in his first season as a full-time starter, the slow-paced but rather saucy lefty sharpshooter is doing a pretty thrilling late-90’s Brent Barry Sonics impersonation: 

Barry (’99-00): 11.8 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.6 apg, 1.3 spg, 2.1 3s
Ingles (’17-18): 10.7 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 3.3 apg, 1.8 spg, 2.5 3s

Thank you for indulging that brief moment of nostalgia. As for Ingles, his numbers are pretty consistent with what he did as a starter last season, so I absolutely buy in that a top-50 season is realistic. 

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

I just read that, making me want to go after Ingles even more!

IF he had flashy dunks or said crazy sh!t to the media or on Twitter everyone would be all over him. Oh yea.... and if he didn’t play in Utah.

I’m just saying to the average NBA fan/recreational fantasy hoops player there’s nothing sexy about this guy. I love his production and is the perfect glue guy for my team. (12-Team/9cat/h2h)

Edited by K50K

7 minutes ago, K50K said:

IF he had flashy dunks or said crazy sh!t to the media or on Twitter everyone would be all over him. Oh yea.... and if he didn’t play in Utah.

I’m just saying to the average NBA fan/recreational fantasy hoops player there’s nothing sexy about this guy. I love his production and is the perfect glue guy for my team. (12-Team/9cat/h2h)

I'm trying to get him but the owner keeps balking.  He's well aware of his under-the-rader, almost stellar production.

Just traded Holiday and Hood for Ingles.

Look forward to owning Ingles. The guy has all the tools to help solidify lots of categories. 

On 11/11/2017 at 2:24 AM, RCRanger03 said:

Loved me some Brent Barry back in the days. The guy was a master of efficiency, a fantasy NBA dream come true. Think I took him in round 2 lol. 

If Ingles even comes close to what Brent did and maintain it for the whole season, I would be very happy.

What a brutal slump... Jazz offense really needs to get it together somehow and Rudy being hurt doesn't help

• Like 1

idgaf he's earnt this dud. He's been nothing but gold most of the season

Most of the Utah starters were trash. Early enough in the week to make up for this dud :)

3 minutes ago, DamoESP said:

Most of the Utah starters were trash. Early enough in the week to make up for this dud :)

They have been shooting poorly the past couple of games. I was just hoping he could have given me at least 2 steals and a 3. Anyway he has done enough for everyone that he should be given a pass when he struggles. 

Most of you are giving him a pass, but as an owner of both Ingles, Rubio, AND Gobert, it's a bit annoying to get worse than nothing tonight from the first two.  Seriously, 1/13 with no triples, no stocks, and 1 board and 7 assists combined.  I can't remember a time I've had that awful of a line happen with two fantasy teammates.

I'd say Ingles would bounce back, but geez, ANYTHING would be better than that, so I'm not as forgiving as y'all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MWon said:

Most of you are giving him a pass, but as an owner of both Ingles, Rubio, AND Gobert, it's a bit annoying to get worse than nothing tonight from the first two.  Seriously, 1/13 with no triples, no stocks, and 1 board and 7 assists combined.  I can't remember a time I've had that awful of a line happen with two fantasy teammates.

I'd say Ingles would bounce back, but geez, ANYTHING would be better than that, so I'm not as forgiving as y'all.

i have ingles and rubio.  yes both their lines are brutal.  to top of that, i faced hardaway and korver

:sadface:

1 hour ago, flippy said:

i have ingles and rubio.  yes both their lines are brutal.  to top of that, i faced hardaway and korver

:sadface:

Hah, I got this:

Untitled.png

Rubio, Jingles and Payton combined were even worse than his worst player (Rivers).

Edited by MWon
  • Haha 1

This man hasn't missed a shot in 2 games, including 8 threes. Dude's sniping like Chris Kyle out there 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

unless ingles gets more shots, i really do feel like he's a solid sell high. that 5/5 could have easily been a 2/5 and we're looking at a mediocre game AGAIN

take that with a grain of salt though since i just sold him a few days ago

4 minutes ago, 12345game10 said:

unless ingles gets more shots, i really do feel like he's a solid sell high. that 5/5 could have easily been a 2/5 and we're looking at a mediocre game AGAIN

take that with a grain of salt though since i just sold him a few days ago

Hard to sell

not everyone realize his value

1 minute ago, Jessie said:

Hard to sell

not everyone realize his value

I think you have 3 options:

1. Some poor owners treat the yahoo rankings as gospel so you can point out that he's top 30 on the year or whatever.

2. Find the punt points guy in your league (if there's any)

3. Just enjoy the ride. He's a solid guy to own and won't hurt you :)

Edited by 12345game10
  • Thanks 1