det_tigers

Joe Ingles 2017-18 Season Outlook

8 minutes ago, 12345game10 said:

unless ingles gets more shots, i really do feel like he's a solid sell high. that 5/5 could have easily been a 2/5 and we're looking at a mediocre game AGAIN

take that with a grain of salt though since i just sold him a few days ago

Who did you get in return? It's hard to get value in return for him since he's not really a big name player. 

1 minute ago, night said:

Who did you get in return? It's hard to get value in return for him since he's not really a big name player. 

Ariza would be good returns? Esp that rockers schedule?

2 minutes ago, night said:

I actually gave away Ingles and Tatum for Mitchell, Dunn, and Jamal Murray. I'm punt FG% and TO though so in a vacuum, idk if its the best trade. Probably sold low on Tatum, but Mitchell is my favorite rookie this year.

Edited by 12345game10

5 hours ago, 12345game10 said:

Mitchell is my favorite rookie this year.

Good man.

Ingles is probably our 2nd or 3rd best offensive player now, he needs to get a bit more selfish and shoot more.

23 hours ago, 12345game10 said:

unless ingles gets more shots, i really do feel like he's a solid sell high. that 5/5 could have easily been a 2/5 and we're looking at a mediocre game AGAIN

take that with a grain of salt though since i just sold him a few days ago

Who'd you get?

On 11/18/2017 at 12:03 AM, DM45 said:

Good man.

Ingles is probably our 2nd or 3rd best offensive player now, he needs to get a bit more selfish and shoot more.

+1

I get it that the Jazz/Snyder like feeding the hot hand but goodness, his usefulness is really underappreciated so far even with an increased role/usage. 44% clip shooter with 1.5/3 (3PM/3PA) on 250+ attempts who runs the Pick and Roll for them on a daily, I don't get how his 3PA's don't skyrocket to at least 6 per game this season even if it is a small sample sz so far (he's sitting at 2.4/5 on 3pm/3pa which isnt too far off)

Hell, I'd like to see him atleast attempts 7-8 per game this season. For reference, RoCo is #5 at 3P% and is averaging 3.7/7 (3pm/3pa) right now with Otto Porter at 1.9/4 (3pm/3pa), if you exclude 3P% leaders who aren't usually rostered, RoCo is #1 in 3P% on highest volume atm (49.1%)

Also, I remember there was a quote from Snyder couple weeks back saying he wanted Joe to let it fly this season and wanted him to attempt no less than I think, 6 or 8? shots from deep. Forgot where I saw that

Edited by Tr3yball
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tr3yball said:

+1

I get it that the Jazz/Snyder like feeding the hot hand but goodness, his usefulness is really underappreciated so far even with an increased role/usage. 44% clip shooter with 1.5/3 (3PM/3PA) on 250+ attempts who runs the Pick and Roll for them on a daily, I don't get how his 3PA's don't skyrocket to at least 6 per game this season even if it is a small sample sz so far (he's sitting at 2.4/5 on 3pm/3pa which isnt too far off)

Hell, I'd like to see him atleast attempts 7-8 per game this season. For reference, RoCo is #5 at 3P% and is averaging 3.7/7 (3pm/3pa) right now with Otto Porter at 1.9/4 (3pm/3pa), if you exclude 3P% leaders who aren't usually rostered, RoCo is #1 in 3P% on highest volume atm (49.1%)

Also, I remember there was a quote from Snyder couple weeks back saying he wanted Joe to let it fly this season and wanted him to attempt no less than I think, 6 or 8? shots from deep. Forgot where I saw that

I feel you MAN... proud owner of both Lord and Slow Mo IN HERE. 
:)

He doesn't take contested threes much. He only usually takes wide open threes that's why his attempts are low. 

Need some steals from Joe. Missed those 6-7 steals this week that he’s been good for.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, K50K said:

Need some steals from Joe. Missed those 6-7 steals this week that he’s been good for.

Second this. To roster him I need him to be 3.5 - 4.0 combined steals and 3s, makes it easy to ignore the low usage.

• Like 1

SELL SELL SELL 
ABANDON SHIP 
I'm praying to you Good Lord Jesus... that a fellow owner accepts my offer of Ingles + T.Harris for CJ Mccollum... because he's thinking about IT !
F my LIFE

We don't need Joe to score much. I only want maybe 10 pts with a few 3s. What I wanted from him are steals. Which he hasn't given for how many games already. 

I agree that the lack of steals seem to be tied to Gobert being out, probably less comfortable gambling with Favors behind him.

can’t sell at this point (low name value and bad 5 game stretch) so either ride him out the next month or drop him for someone would can provide in the short term. He’ll get picked up in my league if I drop him 

• Like 2

He just got dropped this morning in my league and I'm putting a FAAB bid in. But I'm wondering if there is any particular reason his minutes have been so down the last 2 games? 

2 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

He just got dropped this morning in my league and I'm putting a FAAB bid in. But I'm wondering if there is any particular reason his minutes have been so down the last 2 games? 

I might be wrong, but I think those games have been blowouts.

1 hour ago, The Unknown said:

I have to choose 2 out of 3 between Justin Holiday, Allen Crabbe and him to put in my lineup for today. 

Lets just say I put Joe on the bench

Punting FG I guess? 

Might be an assistant coach type related question, but will you hold on to Joe if lets say Lavine, Thomas are lying around in your waiver wire. League has no IR spot so stashing is basically dead weight.

Mini bounce back game for him. Stay patient everyone. I would sell high if anyone will bite.