verismo

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

Last 3 games, he is shooting

6/25, with TOTAL of three 3s, 7 TOs, 15 points, 10 rbds, 6 assists, 4 stls, 3 blks

Thats horrible. Some players get that in one game lol.. jeez

But still not dropping yet.

7/7/4/1/1/1... in nearly 33 mins. So what’s the verdict going forward here...?

1 minute ago, adithmuluk said:

7/7/4/1/1/1... in nearly 33 mins. So what’s the verdict going forward here...?

his shot is off, everything else is fine

He's doing everything we expected.  1/1/1 (actually 1.7/1/1) on 10 points/game with crappy fg and good ft (on minimal attempts), 2-3 reb, 2-3 assists. 

Still has good value if you can stomach the bad fg and dud scoring output.  

You drop guys like this. Simple. You'd think that we're discussing a guy with top 10 value who had a bad start like Jokic in this thread. This dude has good upside but is definitely not worth holding unless you feel secure about your standings in your league. If you're on the verge of being 0-3 or 1-2 then you drop for the plethora of gems that continue to emerge on the waivers. The same way this guy is "undroppable", so are Willy Hernangomez and Marquese Chriss in their threads. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, samer42 said:

You drop guys like this. Simple. You'd think that we're discussing a guy with top 10 value who had a bad start like Jokic in this thread. This dude has good upside but is definitely not worth holding unless you feel secure about your standings in your league. If you're on the verge of being 0-3 or 1-2 then you drop for the plethora of gems that continue to emerge on the waivers. The same way this guy is "undroppable", so are Willy Hernangomez and Marquese Chriss in their threads. 

Difference tho is, J Rich is getting his minutes AND has a role in the team. Chriss is not getting much touches and minutes due to splitting time with Bender and foul troubles. And, Willy, well, he only has a role in garbage time.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, brosephd said:

who are the hot FA's that you guys are dropping this guy for?

Mitchell from Utah

• Like 1

Would be holding this guy if possible. Sure, I know everyone's situation but he wasn't drafted for his scoring anyways. Shots will fall a bit more, he has a secure role, and you will get the nice 1/1/1 with him.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, brosephd said:

just looked at richardson's last 10 games or so of last year.... dear god 

Those were some  great lines   I'm pretty sure Waiters was out at that time which would explain the higher point totals

Very athletic guy but don't see him ever producing consistent top 100 value or not being a FG% killer

• Like 1

try to get those stocks on 14 teams and beyond, i doubt it. i agree 12 and upwards he's really very iffy now because your wire wouldn't be that bare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HK-47 said:

Would be holding this guy if possible. Sure, I know everyone's situation but he wasn't drafted for his scoring anyways. Shots will fall a bit more, he has a secure role, and you will get the nice 1/1/1 with him.

Oops....*Everyone’s situation is different 

• Haha 1

I caught the last game and I noticed he's not assertive enough, just passes up the ball and stands idly out in the perimeter, no cuts no movements whatsoever. 

And ofcourse no one passed him the ball, the dude just needs to get his

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xmantt said:

try to get those stocks on 14 teams and beyond, i doubt it. i agree 12 and upwards he's really very iffy now because your wire wouldn't be that bare.

I totally agree. 

He'll get it turned around.. he did this last year too and people here hated him, visit the 2016-2017 thread by searching his name.. the first month / two months were horrendous. Then it was a full coming out party, and he helped a lot of people win championships.

The minutes are still there, he's still getting 3 pt volume. 

1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

He'll get it turned around.. he did this last year too and people here hated him, visit the 2016-2017 thread by searching his name.. the first month / two months were horrendous. Then it was a full coming out party, and he helped a lot of people win championships.

The minutes are still there, he's still getting 3 pt volume. 

I thought he got hurt and he only had value in the fantasy playoffs (which was very nice).