verismo

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

3 hours ago, sasuke7201 said:

so tempted to drop him for jae crowder....

WOW... 
Who drops Crowder anyway... ?

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

WOW... 

Crowder sucks this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stefan said:

WOW... 

He has been garbage most of the year man and there was some expected drop off going to the Cavs anyways. Thompson injury helps him over the next 4 weeks as he will see a bit more playing time, but he is a low upside option.

Edited by HK-47

7 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

He'll get it turned around.. he did this last year too and people here hated him, visit the 2016-2017 thread by searching his name.. the first month / two months were horrendous. Then it was a full coming out party, and he helped a lot of people win championships.

The minutes are still there, he's still getting 3 pt volume. 

Lol yeah, he turned it around at about the 70th game mark last season.. had I held that long it wouldnt have mattered by then. 

4 hours ago, HK-47 said:

He has been garbage most of the year man and there was some expected drop off going to the Cavs anyways. Thompson injury helps him over the next 4 weeks as he will see a bit more playing time, but he is a low upside option.

It's a tough decision, he got demoted and has been garbage.. but then there's the realization that he has been top 50 past two seasons, so just must be a matter of time before he starts again.  

Anywho, I don't know why I'm taking about Crowder in a Josh Richardson thread.. go Josh!

22 minutes ago, stevenzhang said:

Dion Waiters is out b/c his wife just gave birth

Always got game when ballhog Waiters not around. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, brosephd said:

he still gets 30+ minutes with waiters i think

He still gets minutes but Waiters hogs the shot, in the few games I have seen I rarely see Waiters try and look for Richardson

Maybe Waiters wife will give birth 75 more times this year ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rainsford said:

Traded Jordan ( Mr. hollow 15 points per game ) Clarkson for this guy a few days ago and got to say I'm pleased .

Cool story

2 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Cool story

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how original .  You can regurgitate played out memes .   Up next Squidhunter gives a TL/DR..........EDDDDDDDDDGY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Rainsford
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rainsford said:

Traded Jordan ( Mr. hollow 15 points per game ) Clarkson for this guy a few days ago and got to say I'm pleased .

10 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Cool story

These type of comments actually help us readers measure the current trade value of players. 

3 hours ago, thusanaysayer said:

Lol yeah, he turned it around at about the 70th game mark last season.. had I held that long it wouldnt have mattered by then. 

Well considering he only played 53 games...

1 hour ago, thusanaysayer said:

He still gets minutes but Waiters hogs the shot, in the few games I have seen I rarely see Waiters try and look for Richardson

His value isn't in scoring, you just want him to be respectable/contribute there. This isn't a guy who's going to take 20 shots a game, that's Waiters/Dragic/Whiteside's job to split. JJ / JRich are the glue guys.

15 hours ago, Rainsford said:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh how original .  You can regurgitate played out memes .   Up next Squidhunter gives a TL/DR..........EDDDDDDDDDGY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bad - just was bummed out watching football, and reacted poorly - Sorry again

I'm starting to think a lot of it is because he's tasked with putting so much energy into stopping players offensively. He's all over Thompson on defense and making him take really difficult shots.. this game is a complete grind.. both teams are playing staunch defense.

3 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I'm starting to think a lot of it is because he's tasked with putting so much energy into stopping players offensively. He's all over Thompson on defense and making him take really difficult shots.. this game is a complete grind.. both teams are playing staunch defense.

you may have a point there,

it's almost comical actually.. it's as if no one wants to pass him the ball.. even if he is open

5 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

Punt too many cat to get those defensive stats. 

It depends, if it was 2 weeks ago I'd say you're absolutely right, missed out on too many hot free agents.. but now, in my 14 team league the wire is in a drought so i'll happily live with those steals and blocks and hope this dude miraculously finds his shot