verismo

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

It's so early and people just panic way too fast (see TJ Warren thread). Guys find their way around their shot eventually. They put in practice on their shooting. It's not like his shot is broken, he's simply just missing. Once he gets a rhythm and gets going a lot of people will regret dropping him when he starts climbing into that 12-15 ppg range... Miami has had a pretty tough schedule so far.. they've faced a lot of defensive teams early in their schedule. It'll get better. I will hold all season long, I can make up for his scoring until he finds his touch. 

Edited by Lifschitz

2 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

It's so early and people just panic way too fast (see TJ Warren thread). Guys find their way around their shot eventually. They put in practice on their shooting. It's not like his shot is broken, he's simply just missing. Once he gets a rhythm and gets going a lot of people will regret dropping him when he starts climbing into that 12-15 ppg range... Miami has had a pretty tough schedule so far.. they've faced a lot of defensive teams early in their schedule. It'll get better. I will hold all season long, I can make up for his scoring until he finds his touch. 

the difference with TJ  Warren is he's had a larger sample size of success than Josh has, but I hear you.  I am still holding, and I hope your optimism of Josh prevails

4 minutes ago, thusanaysayer said:

It depends, if it was 2 weeks ago I'd say you're absolutely right, missed out on too many hot free agents.. but now, in my 14 team league the wire is in a drought so i'll happily live with those steals and blocks and hope this dude miraculously finds his shot

Does your league count TO?  This is his second 6 TO game in this extremely early season. 

7 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

Does your league count TO?  This is his second 6 TO game in this extremely early season. 

yeah just noticed that, he never has the ball to begin with so can't fathom how he gets so many turnovers.. but in any case I'm punting TO

19 minutes ago, thusanaysayer said:

yeah just noticed that, he never has the ball to begin with so can't fathom how he gets so many turnovers.. but in any case I'm punting TO

I dunno...only watched the last quarter of the game.  Played really stellar defense on Klay (and it shows in the box scores), but in terms of actually having the ball in his hands, I don't think he even touched the ball.

Today's game...wish he made a trey; I could live with the TOs and the lack of non-stock counting stats, but his statline would look money if he made 2 of those treys.

29 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I agree but it's not out of the question that Josh Richardson might just end up being a guy that almost always has poor FG% ala Quentin Richardson.  A long time since he was that 50% shooter from deep playing with Wade and Bosh and throughout the last 2 and a bit seasons it's kind of impressive how in the main he has been a consistently below average shooter. 

1 minute ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

I agree but it's not out of the question that Josh Richardson might just end up being a guy that almost always has poor FG% ala Quentin Richardson.  A long time since he was that 50% shooter from deep playing with Wade and Bosh and throughout the last 2 and a bit seasons it's kind of impressive how in the main he has been a consistently below average shooter. 

I don't think he'll ever be a lights out shooter, but he's far better than this. He shows tantalizing stretches of hot shooting - was great in preseason, but he's streaky. He's still young and developing, the minutes are there, and the sample size is small. So we need to see a full season of him before deciding exactly where he falls, not four weeks in. As the cliche line goes it's a marathon not a sprint.

I was one of his biggest detesters last year, I ripped people here for loving him so much, but he turned me with his performance in April. 

He's a guy you draft for stocks, cheap source of reb/assists, and 3's. If someone drafted him expecting a high FG%, that's on them. 

• Like 2

I'm trying to hold him (especially tough when I play in a points league) and I want to be optimistic of a bounce back in terms of him hitting his shots and bolstering his counting stats, but it just seems like he's a non-factor in that offense. How is he going to get it going if the team doesn't let him to begin with or he still keeps being passive with the ball in his hands?

Edited by Espoiral

1 hour ago, atlantadynasty said:

has to be one of the weirdest stat lines I've seen in a while

as it was one of our games, watched the whole thing.

Got to give him credit - he was all over Klay. I've probably seen nearly every game Klay has played,, and I don't think I've seen him that visibly frustrated before.

Richardson is a fantastic defender

• Like 4

5 hours ago, nyfresh1 said:

He fits perfectly on my punt FG, FT, points, rebounds, assist and TO team.

Post of the season!

In all seriousness though, at his absolute floor he is still averaging 1.6 3PM, 1.5 stl, and 1.0 block for the season.  Take advantage of owners like the 2 guys posting right above me.

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

As bad as last's line was, he still produced something for owners.  Everyone (besides James Johnson) had stinkers. A date with Phoenix is up next, so hopefully that gets him going again

7 hours ago, nyfresh1 said:

He fits perfectly on my punt FG, FT, points, rebounds, assist and TO team.

Can you rename your team:

Team 1,1,1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This dude's confidence on his jumper is pretty low right now, he's bricking wide open 3's time and again.. really hope he gets that shot going, these aren't even contested there is no excuse for him to miss these at the NBA level (especially given that he has a nice looking jumper).

He's trying too hard to aim the ball instead of just shoot it. 

1st quarter is incredibly important for a guy like Josh. He had 2 fouls and sat more than usual, and he hasn't looked engaged since

Still holding him. Drafted him below top 100 so I'm not complaining too much. He and Murray probably the rotoworld most overhyped bust this early season. Should just bench him until he shows signs he can put it together.