verismo

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

13 minutes ago, Cpxaztec said:

I have beal, Barton, Beverley, and Barnes as my 2s and 3s. PGs are curry, lillard, Payton.

AC Forum.

3 hours ago, sickrookie said:

Still holding him. Drafted him below top 100 so I'm not complaining too much. He and Murray probably the rotoworld most overhyped bust this early season. Should just bench him until he shows signs he can put it together. 

With Richardson he still gives you value in defensive categories, all he needs to do is start hitting his 2 3's per game and he's back in a very high ranking. Murray doesn't have the same luxury afforded to him. If he doesn't score, he's basically garbage.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cpxaztec said:

That’s what makes him so hard to drop at least for me. I just dropped him

Lol wut ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

With Richardson he still gives you value in defensive categories, all he needs to do is start hitting his 2 3's per game and he's back in a very high ranking. Murray doesn't have the same luxury afforded to him. If he doesn't score, he's basically garbage.

Agreed. That's why I dropped Murray and still hold JRich.

7 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Just looking at the boxscore, and it's kinda tough to see. So what happened? Foul issues?

He becomes Bruce Bowen 2.0

• Like 1

I'll wait til Waiters wife has another kid before I pick him up again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, K50K said:

I'll wait til Waiters wife has another kid before I pick him up again.

If only we can figure out how to speed up the human gestation period 

Keep reading blurbs saying wait until his shot starts falling and his value will skyrocket

Gonna be waiting for a while. This guy is not, and has never been, a competent shooter

• Like 1

Looking like a 14+ Team guy at the moment. Anything less should have better options on the wire.

46 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Keep reading blurbs saying wait until his shot starts falling and his value will skyrocket

Gonna be waiting for a while. This guy is not, and has never been, a competent shooter

I’ve been reading the same,  but perhaps the value isn’t there in a H2H points league but maybe cat only. He has been shooting poorly but the ceiling percentage wise is only low 40s. 

He will have his weeks and be serviceable in between. Breakout would be nice but so far he’s that .400 shooter who plays hard enough and smart enough to be out there for 30 min. of hustle stats. Luckily I play in an uncompetitive league of lackwits /s where I didn’t have to reach, and I’m happy with him and his top 100 ranking (no TO).

In standard 9 cat there’s more hope for TO correcting than FG or P. But pray he never takes more than 10 shots/game. Take what you get and like it.

16 minutes ago, asrom10 said:

I have Richardson and Beverley. Should I drop Richardson for Mike James? 

AC forum

1.5 3s, 1.5 steals, and a block a game and he gets a lot of playing time...yeah, that's definitely droppable lol.  Once he gets his shooting up, it will boast his scoring a couple points a game and you will regret dropping him for the flavor of the week,

• Like 5

I went ahead and dropped him for Saric. Love the ability to get stocks, but he's just so damn inconsistent, especially with all the playing time he has. I checked his last year's logs, and it seems he'll go on small stretches then falls off the face of the earth. Don't know if I want to deal with that, but I'll stream him again once he gets hot lol. 

He averaged 45% FG as a rookie and 39% last year on almost double the shots, so yeah he's probably somewhere between there for this year considering it doesn't look like he's taking a leap efficiency-wise. What's got me frustrated as someone who wants to pick him up is how much he's turning the damn ball over.

I guess this is what Josh Richardson owners wanted to feel this year. 

Edited by chud12

30 minutes ago, MrJuiceBar said:

He averaged 45% FG as a rookie and 39% last year on almost double the shots, so yeah he's probably somewhere between there for this year considering it doesn't look like he's taking a leap efficiency-wise. What's got me frustrated as someone who wants to pick him up is how much he's turning the damn ball over.

He steps out of bounds a lot when he receives a pass.  Very frustrating.