verismo

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

I dropped him earlier this week (he cleared waivers) and it's something I should've done a long time ago.  It hurts knowing the names of the free agents I missed out on, which I will not name because it will only sting harder

Edited by thusanaysayer
  • Like 1

As others continue to drop, now it's the perfect time to pitch some low ball offers.

56 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

As others continue to drop, now it's the perfect time to pitch some low ball offers.

In a points league hard to make a offer when he is on waivers. Where he belongs.

1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

This guy blows. End of story. If he doesnt go off the next game hes out. 

Cut him now, dude. He deserves a loving home.;)

Edited by bdy1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

This guy blows. End of story. If he doesnt go off the next game hes out. 

Just drop him if you  have better options on the wire that can give you better than   1 3PM,  2ST,   0.8 BLK  (Josh's averages in last 4 games).   Not to mention 3.8 reb and 2.3 ast.  

Considering his ADP  he totally sucks... 

the only guys i've missed out on holding this guy is someone on level of Danny Green, RHJ, Carroll, Jaylen Brown. I was ride or die with him for his potential but now I'm starting to reconsider. Would love to dump him for some guys if the opportunities present itself like frank ntilikina being a starter or something.  but in the mean time it's a hold hoping he turns it around. 

Edited by brosephd

2 minutes ago, brosephd said:

the only guys i've missed out on holding this guy is someone on level of Danny Green, RHJ, Carroll, Jaylen Brown. I was ride or die with him for his potential but now I'm starting to reconsider. Would love to dump him for some guys if the opportunities present itself like frank ntilikina being a starter or something.  but in the mean time it's a hold hoping he turns it around. 

Those are some pretty big misses... other than maybe Green. I missed out on Reke holding this guy and it makes me sick every time I see Memphis boxscores. 

Every year I have a hyped up guy that absolutely stinks to start the season.

Two years ago it was Dieng.. I dropped him and he came back to kill it.

Last year it was Jokic with his horrible situation with Nurk/coming off the bench.. I wasn't going to get burnt again so I remained patient. 

I know it's a different situation for every player but J Rich has the minutes, he has the stocks, he just isn't sinking the buckets.

REMAIN PATIENT!

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, dboywong said:

Every year I have a hyped up guy that absolutely stinks to start the season.

Two years ago it was Dieng.. I dropped him and he came back to kill it.

Last year it was Jokic with his horrible situation with Nurk/coming off the bench.. I wasn't going to get burnt again so I remained patient. 

I know it's a different situation for every player but J Rich has the minutes, he has the stocks, he just isn't sinking the buckets.

REMAIN PATIENT!

Not saying that he isn't useful because the steals and out of postion blocks with some threes are good.

But the thing is that makes it not comparable to those other situations or shooting slumps in general is I don't think his shooting slump is him struggling. I just think that is actually who he is.

He just isn't a very efficient shooter. Not as bad as Marcus Smart but overall just not that good of a shooter.  Sub 40 FG% IS who he is. If that is the expectation he is still useful for the D stats that can come in bunches.

5 hours ago, brosephd said:

the only guys? RHJ and Caroll are emphatic misses

Done with this guy. Missed out on Mitchell, Evans, Barton and Portis because I insisted on holding him.

He's not getting the volume, and he's historically been too streaky of a shooter for me to justify holding in a points league.

With that said, those who play in standard category leagues should hold him for the value of his stocks at the SG position.

He's back. All around game and played the most minutes again without a TO. There's a reason you don't drop him. Upsides. 

• Like 1

omg I dropped this guy for Bobby or Benny Portis (CHI) and I just got boned. This is the 3rd week in a row where if I held I would've just won. 

Now I'm underweight with guards and have too many forwards. Sigh. I can't into fantasy.

shouldn't have been dropped (12 team+) he was still averaging 1.5 stls, 1 blk and playing 30+ min during the long shooting slump. when the 3s are falling he's really good. can't usually find guys like him on the wire

Edited by richg24

I knew (as I was watching this) that you defenders would be out; however, it is one good game out of five or second out of last ten.  I would like to see many more times before I admit I am wrong for believing he shouldn't be rostered.. but hey I hope I am ultimately wrong.

• Like 3

In my book any player that has season averages 1.5   treys,  1.5 stl and 0.8 blocks from SG/SF  position deserves    a roster spot.   Unless you play in a very shallow league  with 6 teams :D