verismo

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

This guys is like a scratch off lotto from 7 eleven

Win some...Lose a lot more. Negative payoff so far

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bjav4282 said:

Dropped for MKG. I missed out on so many waiver studs holding his sorry a**. DND from now on.

considering dropping myself... need to get batum back off my IL. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pdids911 said:

Ah, I'm likely going to do the same thing myself in a few leagues (drop Jrich to free Batum).

Looking at JRich's numbers, he's getting such burn but man, he's really doing nothing but hurting FG%.

I think it's a testament to how bad a player is on your fantasy team when you get excited for the "good games" which are interspersed between the bunches of terrible games.

Uhhh...on the plus side, he hasn't turned the ball over in two straight games!!!  yay!  (I mean, he was averaging 3 turnovers a game before that, lol)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pdids911 said:

same here.

i thought it would be a week before batum was playing enough to be more valuable than jrich.

my only problem is that i only have one other PG

It's really perplexing, but here's something which I think exacerbates the problem - Miami is just not playing with the proper speed to score a ton of points every night, and they have really solid pieces to be an athletic running and gunning team.

It's counter-intuitive to slow this team down, you have athletes across the board here in every spot on the roster, and Miami currently plays with the 18th slowest pace in the league, they're also 24th in offensive rating.

They need to speed it up, this team can get easy scoring opportunities, they rely on half court sets way too much and their sets look pretty bad. They like to use their bigs in the high post for hand offs  and it doesn't go anywhere, you'll see Olynyk or Johnson just standing around at the elbow when the first hand off is dead not knowing what to do, and they have to keep re-screening. It's similar to what Dallas does. When their default HORNS style doesn't work they go back to being a pick and roll team with Whiteside or the occasional Whiteside post up.

If they push the ball guys can up their percentages and get easier scoring opportunities, and we'll see guys like Richardson start to cash in. 

Something has to change, this team is now 6-8 on the season. Last year they had one of the best stretches in the NBA where they went on some crazy 22-3 run or something like that near the end of the year and almost made the postseason.. 

James Johnson needs to be starting, enough of this off the bench nonsense, give you an additional playmaker and floor spacer unlike Winslow, which will open up with Dragic and Richardson and Waiters together. There is no way the depth of this team should have them scoring 90-100 points a night.

They remind me a bit too much of Utah in that sense, they want to accommodate Whiteside like they do Gobert, but Whiteside is a mobile big, he should be able to run the floor, they can also start using Adebayo more at some C minutes because he's also a mobile Center, without compromising defense like they do with Olynyk.

Want to see a correlation between a bad offense and being some of the worst teams in the league? (pure defense doesn't win championships like it used to) - ORTG ratings:

30th. Chicago Bulls - 92.9

29th. Sac Kings - 95.3

28th. LA Lakers - 97.5

27th. Dallas Mavericks - 99

26th. Utah Jazz - 99.5

25th. Phoenix - 100.3

24th. Miami - 100.5

23rd. BKN - 102.2 

I know I know, BKN pushes the ball but only scores 2 more points per game, the fact their inefficient has more to do with their personnel, not the fact that pushing the ball doesn't give you easier scoring opportunities. It's a matter of talent difference between they and Miami, ditto for Phoenix and LA.

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 7

i think at this point, its probably better to just let someone else deal with this headahce and just monitor closely if anything happens.

imma drop for KCP, KCP is a better version at this point with less blocks

1 minute ago, calebcjy said:

i think at this point, its probably better to just let someone else deal with this headahce and just monitor closely if anything happens.

imma drop for KCP, KCP is a better version at this point with less blocks

I'm holding unlike many others here (who I can understand are dropping), because no one on my wire in my 12 man presents his upside. Moreover, if Miami gets their s--- together and starts playing hot offensive basketball (like they did last year when they won 20 games+ to end the year), then he'll be a big part of that.

The shortened preseason has ****** some of these teams preparations, and I'm not willing to sell low 14 games into the season. 

Where did you guys draft him? If you picked him up off the wire, you shouldn't be complaining so much.

Most people drafted him after pick 100 so all gravy there too. 

Depends on how deep your league is, really.. If there is someone with more potential on your wire then pick them up. Simple. 

• Like 1

1. Shooting slump. 2. TO prone. 3. Dion Waiters ballhog. 1&2 is on him. Will probably get him back if/when any key injury happens in Miami. Good luck guys!

• Like 1

Traded smart for this guy, not sure if I traded a headache for another headache, but I couldn’t stand smarts garbage FG anymore 

3 hours ago, blob2004 said:

Traded smart for this guy, not sure if I traded a headache for another headache, but I couldn’t stand smarts garbage FG anymore 

The trade is fine but if you didn’t want to deal with Smarts FG%, getting a guy that’s shooting 38% on the season seems like an odd move.

• Like 2

I have J Rich and Smart in an obvious punt FG.

If you are concerned about % J Rich is currently shooting 10 pts higher on less attempts.  Thats HOW bad of a shooter Smart is. 

The truth is that both are headaches when not getting stocks and are brutal when they also don't hit a few 3s, assists, rebounds.  For my team I feel like Smart has more value through rebounds and assists but depends on what you need. 

Dropped him for Allen Crabbe. JRich's blks don't help my team much after losing Gobert for 4 to 5 more weeks. Might as well get an elite 3 pointer in H2H. Going to pick him back up as soon as he starts putting decent games..but fg% wont change.

Dropped to bring CP3 off the IR, He stays on the watch list though. I'll probably pick him back up at some point this season lol

2 hours ago, MarcoPol0 said:

i love josh and his upside but ibaka was just dropped in my league lol. now i'm just wondering how much to bid

I had J Rich and have Ibaka now. Both are headaches. Grab ibaka and try and flip him on name value. Thats why im currently trying to do.

• Like 1

If you don't own this man, stay away. Once hes on your team its hard to decide whether to drop or not cause you dont want him to blow up right after. Yes the potential is there, the 111 etc... but hes simply not producing with all the minutes he is getting.

• Like 1