verismo

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

Let's consider some facts so far in 2018 season: 

number of players with (5 games minimum): 
-   one or more  3pm/game         156
-  one or  more  steals/game      104
-  one or more blk/game               46
-  0.8 or more blk/game                83

1/1/1 club - 6 players  (Davis, Cousins, Wall, Millsap, LeBron, Draymond)

1/1/0.8   club (3pm/stl/blk)  - 11 players  (Davis, Cousins, Wall, Millsap, LeBron, Draymond, Danny Green, Ball, Bledsoe, Covington, Josh Richardson)

Josh has better FG% as Bledsoe   (38.4 vs 38.2) , middle of the pack TO compared to the other 1/1/0.8 club members (less TOs  than Draymond or Bledsoe)  

I don't see people considering dropping Bledsoe. 

I am holding for ROS.   His contributions are to difficult to replace from waivers.  I can always get some streamers to improve FG%

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

1/1/0.8   club (3pm/stl/blk)  - 11 players  (Davis, Cousins, Wall, Millsap, LeBron, Draymond, Danny Green, Ball, Bledsoe, Covington, Josh Richardson)

Josh has better FG% as Bledsoe   (38.4 vs 38.2) , middle of the pack TO compared to the other 1/1/0.8 club members (less TOs  than Draymond or Bledsoe)  

I am holding for ROS.   His contributions are to difficult to replace from waivers.  I can always get some streamers to improve FG%

Lol @ comparing Richardson to Bledsoe.

5 minutes ago, K50K said:

Lol @ comparing Richardson to Bledsoe.

their numbers for the season so far  are very comparable: 

14 games, 33.3    min,  38.4 / 77.8 %,     1.5 3pm, 3.5 reb, 1.4 stl, 0.8blk    2.4 TO,     9.4pts
 7 games,  28.6 min,  38.2 / 78.1 %,    1 3pm, 3.7 reb, 1.2 stl, 0.9 blk, 3 TO, 14.3 pts

I am not saying that Josh  will be better than Bledsoe  for ROS (he will  not), I am saying that Josh has value and will continue to have value for ROS

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

Pinpointing certain stats for comparisons won't work. Josh Rich is currently outside top 100 (9-cat) even with those specific stats that you've mentioned because his other stats bring down his value so much. 

Yeh we see the upside here and there but so far, we have been getting more bad than good. People do drop players out of frustration but that happens with any underperforming players when their value, not specifically their production, can still be replaced by a Free Agent in the waivers.

will be the guy I drop when Kawhi comes back

(sooooooo, 2019ish.....)

13 hours ago, Joeklebba said:

The trade is fine but if you didn’t want to deal with Smarts FG%, getting a guy that’s shooting 38% on the season seems like an odd move.

I fully understand that, probably more a rage trade than anything, but yeah I can deal with 38% but not shooting 26%...

Wish he'd just stop shooting entirely. 1-1-1 and done. 

• Haha 1

I might drop for fellow teammate Tyler Johnson. More consistent producer. J Rich defense stats are better though. Hmm.....

4 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

I might drop for fellow teammate Tyler Johnson. More consistent producer. J Rich defense stats are better though. Hmm.....

I had TJ and dropped him. But he seemed to have picked it up after his slow start.

RIP FG%. I've been a believer but he's been pretty bad even with all the oppertunity and minutes... will be a goner if a hot FA catches my eye.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roundaworld said:

RIP FG%. I've been a believer but he's been pretty bad even with all the oppertunity and minutes... will be a goner if a hot FA catches my eye.

Same, breaks my heart was a believer too

• Like 1

My FG % is good despise this scrubs who needs LASIK Eye Surgery. I ******** swear to god if that guy make me lose my FG % for the week I grab my bicycle, I take a kayak and a cross the ocean to beat him up. Can't take his bum a** anymore

• Haha 1

My team is shooting 49% even with Josh shooting like Lonzo. I'm only holding him for the defensive stats but it's getting tough to hang on to him at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

I love him but I am seriously considering letting him go.

yeah there's suddenly a lot of guards in the waivers. 

• Haha 1

Same overall averages as last season, I think we’re putting too much hope on a miracle. Dropped for Dinwiddie.. he will probably still be available if I ever want him back. 

Feels like groundhog day reading this

Josh Richardson made 1-of-10 from the field for three points with two rebounds, two assists, one block and one 3-pointer in 36 minutes against the Wizards on Friday.
Yes, this shooting line is brutal and he's been ice cold for almost every game. However, Richardson was outstanding on defense tonight and he's the best perimeter defender on the team, so he's not going to be losing minutes. We've seen him get really hot before and it feels like it's just a matter of time before his shot starts to drop. He still has plenty of pep in his step, so it should click sooner rather than later. Nov 17 - 10:41 PM

t02200151_0480033013139257285.jpg.a8499d64d6b17479668b4a2458c2bb6c.jpg
  • Haha 1