verismo

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

Hasn’t had two straight productive games all year so if this is what sucks me in so be it. 

My gut has been wrong all season. I thought it'd be best to drop JRich 2 games ago, and he does this. Now, my gut is still saying not to pick him up. I'll go along with my gut for now. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

My gut has been wrong all season. I thought it'd be best to drop JRich 2 games ago, and he does this. Now, my gut is still saying not to pick him up. I'll go along with my gut for now. 

Is that how it works?

I still don't trust the kid, but I'm happy he's strung along two solid games in a row, I really hope he can keep it up because you can tell he gives it his all.  However, two games is not enough for me to add him.  Let's see how he does against golden state 

23 minutes ago, thusanaysayer said:

I still don't trust the kid, but I'm happy he's strung along two solid games in a row, I really hope he can keep it up because you can tell he gives it his all.  However, two games is not enough for me to add him.  Let's see how he does against golden state 

I don't think any of us trust him - even those of us who own him; the talent is there though, so we're waiting on the consistency part.

Gah, I can't believe THIS is the time I have to drop him. (In my defense, Aminu's coming off IR so I HAVE to drop someone just to make a move; some newb dropped Schroder in my casual league, so after checking he wasn't injured or anything, I need to make room on the off chance my middling waiver gets accepted).

Hope some of you kept him; I highly doubt he'll be this consistent, but I've still got him in a few leagues and am praying he stays good enough so I can trade him.

This has been one of the most entertaining threads to follow so far this season.  24 pages deep and the trainwreck that is the Josh Richardson 2017-18 season continues to deliver and shows no sign of abating.  The dozens (dozens I say!) that were sucked in by his BS preseason continue to ponder whether or not they should jump ship. 

It's like watching the violin players play as the Titanic sinks and saying to yourself "I'll stick around for one more tune. The next lifeboat should be fine".

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

This has been one of the most entertaining threads to follow so far this season.  24 pages deep and the trainwreck that is the Josh Richardson 2017-18 season continues to deliver and shows no sign of abating.  The dozens (dozens I say!) that were sucked in by his BS preseason continue to ponder whether or not they should jump ship. 

It's like watching the violin players play as the Titanic sinks and saying to yourself "I'll stick around for one more tune. The next lifeboat should be fine".

That's an interesting analogy.  I see it more like stocks, or gambling.  We see someone get a huge payout on a machine (JRich's last 6 games of last season and his huge preseason).  Then we immediately jump on that machine...which spurns us constantly with occasional nominal wins to keep us playing.  Eventually, we're addicted, thinking "oh, well the next big payout/big game is just around the corner!" or "if I leave now, someone else will grab the machine/JRich, and win big!".  Fantasy is terrible, I tell you.

54 minutes ago, samer42 said:

Wut

Yeah...I created a fantasy league for some of my kids (I lead a high school fellowship group), and one of them saw Tony Parker was playing and he likes Parker for nostalgia's sake, and he auto-drafted Schroder, not knowing who he is.  I feel a little bad.  Then again, it's obviously a casual league, so whatever.

• Like 3

Guys... he’s a scrub. He’s getting 30+ minutes a night and has done nothing aside from a handful of games. Actually even saying a handful may be generous. The only reason I would hang on to him is if waiver were THIN and I mean thinnnnn. He is owned in 5% of ESPN leagues currently...

Edited by JooCraig

Whats up with the improved play? Not doing much tonight besides shooting well,  but why does he have to do this when I drop him!?!?

7 minutes ago, LonzoBall said:

Whats up with the improved play? Not doing much tonight besides shooting well,  but why does he have to do this when I drop him!?!?

What comes down must go up? Law of averages. It was bound to correct itself at some point, this is how these things work. If a guy has talent, a good looking jumpshot, athleticism, ball handling ability, and has shown flashes of doing it before, then shooting 35% or whatever it was is not going to last all year.

He's going to fall somewhere in the middle between these outputs and his bad slumps, he'll have another cold streak down the line, he's a Danny Green type player. If JBrick could be consistent he's a lock for a top 80 ranking with his talent, but that's the biggest asterix with him. 

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 2

Don't really understand why coaches take guys out when they're absolutely on fire.. just keep riding him and when he slows down take him out for a bit to give him a breather. He just hit multiple mid range shots in a row to end the third, and to start the 4th they pull him.. I get that you want him to come back for the end of the game but you also potentially kill his hot streak by taking him out of a rhythm. I'll never understand why coaches do that. 

• Like 1

Thing is, if he shot 30-40% his line would be horrendous 

Just now, LivingOnTheEdge said:

This

I won't add him back

We'll take our small victories any way we can get 'em. 

• Haha 2

dragic struggled and he took the advantage to step up