verismo

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

10 hours ago, MWon said:

Just curious, is there anyone here (like myself) who kept him through the dark, dark times, or are y'all just new blood who started riding the roller coaster?  (and no, it's a coaster, not a hype train; if you owned JRich for an extended period of time, you'd know the feeling).  :D

JRich: It's about time.

Owned him since draft day. 16 deep so I can't really just drop with all the minutes he's getting. Plus, I'm dealing with an even bigger headache in Marquise Chriss so I kinda just let Jrich play whether he sucks or not. Important thing is the minutes. 

15 minutes ago, lbc88 said:

Owned him since draft day. 16 deep so I can't really just drop with all the minutes he's getting. Plus, I'm dealing with an even bigger headache in Marquise Chriss so I kinda just let Jrich play whether he sucks or not. Important thing is the minutes. 

The minutes are what attracted me to adding him. He was bound to begin producing at some point. The stocks he gets are a real plus in his value as well. 

11 hours ago, hardyharhar said:

Had him the entire season after having him for maybe the second half of last season. But this year, I eventually had enough so I dropped him and he started shooting better. But that's how my luck has been this year, so you all owe me!

Got him in round 7 (108 overall, 16 teams),   No planning to drop as long as he gets  minutes

going to wait to him play on sunday then make the move if he is consistent again...the good thing going for him is he's getting a lot of minutes and the green light.

Just now, brosephd said:

going to wait to him play on sunday then make the move if he is consistent again...the good thing going for him is he's getting a lot of minutes and the green light.

Has had a solid 3 games in a row, why let the 4th game away you one way or another?? Everyone has duds. 

13 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Got him in round 7 (108 overall, 16 teams),   No planning to drop as long as he gets  minutes

Oh yeah I definitely wouldn't have dropped him if I was in 16 teams. Mine's 12 and I had gotten him off the waivers. He's no longer available now though.

Has had a solid 3 games in a row, why let the 4th game away you one way or another?? Everyone has duds. 

This dude's whole season was a dud up until these 3 games. Not really, but still. I would have kept him if he had at least gotten consistent steals (more than 1spg) but he wasn't even doing that. Looks like he's picked it up though.

Just now, hardyharhar said:

Oh yeah I definitely wouldn't have dropped him if I was in 16 teams. Mine's 12 and I had gotten him off the waivers. He's no longer available now though.

This dude's whole season was a dud up until these 3 games. Not really, but still. I would have kept him if he had at least gotten consistent steals (more than 1spg) but he wasn't even doing that. Looks like he's picked it up though.

My point was I think Richardson before this 3 games run had 3 good games all year.  That’s reason enough to add him with the minutes he has coming his way. 

• Like 1

I have both Chriss and Richardson on a team. I can understand the frustration of owning both and have been tormented about waiving them with the upside each has. I am more comfortable holding Richardson because he's getting the minutes and seemed to have been in a real rut versus Chriss who appears to not be mature and really learning from his mistakes. Lot of different type of leagues out there so hard to judge what is a good move or not. To me, given that Richardson was expected to be a lot better than what he's done this season, if he fits on your team and you have someone to waive, I probably wouldn't wait to find out if this better play is legit or not. I was wondering in my other league where I have more bench spots if he might become available but it did not happen. I came close to waiving him, but my gut was turning so hard in regards and did not pull the trigger.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, MWon said:

Just curious, is there anyone here (like myself) who kept him through the dark, dark times, or are y'all just new blood who started riding the roller coaster?  (and no, it's a coaster, not a hype train; if you owned JRich for an extended period of time, you'd know the feeling).  :D

JRich: It's about time.

Benched him in 14 team roto, held on to him in 14 team 9 cat. Dropped him in 12 team. And picked him up earlier today.lol reason i held on was the minutes. I just typed my frustrations here on his thread while waiting for a good game. Its different from the Chriss situation. I dropped and still have not looked back, i even got randle out of him, not the best but at least i know randle gets his in 20mins.

We have to thank spo for giving richardson confidence through dark times. 

4 hours ago, trusthaprocess said:

He's still there haha...but what stat line do you think he'll put up for ROS?

Not entirely sure but he's an almost guaranteed triple 1 producer which is quite rare.

He should be owned in all 12 team h2h leagues.

Edited by HarmStrong
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man This game against Golden State....feels like it Will define My season. I’m so ready with the Antonio Banderas gif If he goes off

Edited by Saltgurkan15
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Long time lurker over here and first time poster. I've owned J-Rich for various parts of the season over the last two years because I just love his ability to produce defensively (most importantly) and his ability to shoot the trey. Therefore, I judge him off those stats first and foremost. He definitely is up and down to own, but the potential and opportunities are there and that's why I give him a longer leash than I usually would. Offensively, it's like he has an ON/OFF switch and if he can just keep that s--- ON, boy.....

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

Not entirely sure but he's an almost guaranteed triple 1 producer which is quite rare.

I'm in a points league

11 hours ago, HarmStrong said:

Sounds good to me, im on board. 

I hope this is not a trap.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, munky said:

Sounds good to me, im on board. 

I hope this is not a trap.

It's never a trap.

But it's always a gamble. =)

• Haha 1

On board too. I draft him in early-late round and now it's about time to get him back. Hopefully the slump is over and his ranking should climb back. Spo likes him as the minutes shown. He always has that 'Danny Green' potential though...

He’s back in track after the brutal slump. Most of the time it’s just a confidence thing with these players 

8 hours ago, Shredded said:

He’s back in track after the brutal slump. Most of the time it’s just a confidence thing with these players 

It's always a confidence thing with shooters. Like I said earlier in this thread, as long as your jumpshot form is respectable, and you've shown some history of hitting 3's at a high rate, and you're still young and offer other areas of upside, there is basically ZERO reason to expect him to slump for that long unless he gets his minutes taken away as a result of his poor offense, and luckily for us that didn't happen because he's a magnificent defender.

What's silly wasn't expecting a turnaround, what's silly is expecting the guy to shoot 35-36% all year long while receiving 32-35 minutes a game. That would be Marcus Smart level bad, and his jumpshot looks a lot better than Smart's. What I don't understand is, why did he need to say publicly that he put up extra shots recently? Isn't that some thing that you should always do if you're a hard worker? Let alone if you're having one of the most brutal shooting slumps to start the year? That one confused me. 

How is he better than Etwaun Moore? He beats him with the 0.7 blocks, but Moore beats him with way better FG%.

3 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

How is he better than Etwaun Moore? He beats him with the 0.7 blocks, but Moore beats him with way better FG%.

Moore has    51 FG% and  64 FT%. That is not way better than 40 and 75

Also 64% FT% for SG is brutal

15 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Moore has    51 FG% and  64 FT%. That is not way better than 40 and 75

Also 64% FT% for SG is brutal

The FT should adjust up to 70 which is his last 4 year avg and the FG will adjust down to 45, still a lot better than 40 because there's more volume on the FG. Moore doesn't even shoot more than 1 FT per game. Richardson would have to hit over 2 threes per game to make him worth owning with that 40% avg, otherwise I'd rather have Moore.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

The FT should adjust up to 70 which is his last 4 year avg and the FG will adjust down to 45, still a lot better than 40 because there's more volume on the FG. Moore doesn't even shoot more than 1 FT per game. Richardson would have to hit over 2 threes per game to make him worth owning with that 40% avg, otherwise I'd rather have Moore.

We will agree to disagree

Moore's FT is negligible, he takes .8 attempts a game, it has no bearing if you have a high FTA guy.