verismo

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

53 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I added him in the wake of the Steph Curry injury. Good move?

If he plays for golden state then yeah sure, its a good move...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

Or if Richardson starts shooting 44% on 10 three-point attempts per game...

He's hit an average of 2.5 per game for the past week. Not Curry like, but it's something. The steals are nice too

47 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I added him in the wake of the Steph Curry injury. Good move?

He is breaking out of a brutal slump, returning to top 100 last week. Whether he'd break out and put up multi cat stats is anybody's guess. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So every game he shots well now, just needs to add more stocks please. 

• Haha 1

Watched the game, he was still quite active on the defensive end.

Interrupted some passes but only the ball got out of bounds or in the opponents hands.

The stocks will fall eventually.

His 9-cat ranking since he ended his slump, right after everyone dropped him:

QWTQqa7.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, LonzoBall said:

Nice game tonight. Don't really watch his games, but is he actually a good defender?

yea hes really good.. he gets a lot of deflections too. my guess is those will turn into actual steals instead of the dry spell hes been having.. specially once Whiteside comes back and hes able to gamble more

• Like 2

Just need a few more popcorn stats every now and then and he should stay at mid-round value ROS.

• Like 1

Picked him up after he was dropped earlier this week on my punt assist team - feel like he will be up and down all season but will have the opportunity (Miami stayed with him throughout his slump earlier this year)

Still can't trust him or Levert. Was burned too many times by them, especially jrich. Glad he's playing well now but don't give you're hopes up. What happens when whiteside returns? 

Just now, OKCFan2005 said:

Still can't trust him or Levert. Was burned too many times by them, especially jrich. Glad he's playing well now but don't give you're hopes up. What happens when whiteside returns? 

If I am not correct and I may not be but I think J Rich and Whiteside play diff. positions so Whiteside's return has zero effect on J Rich. :D

Just now, chud12 said:

If I am not correct and I may not be but I think J Rich and Whiteside play diff. positions so Whiteside's return has zero effect on J Rich. :D

May result in lower usage but would imagine Whiteside's presence would give him better looks overall

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

It will DEFINITELY have an effect upon Whiteside's return, because:

1. Richardson's recent scoring picked up right when Whiteside went down.

2. In an interview that can be found online, Richardson has said "we have plenty of scorers on this team, I will step up when I am needed."

3. Whiteside playing a different position has less affect on Richardson's scoring than the usage rate. At the end of the day, it's about both players on the court at the same time and having only one basketball. 

As a Richardson owner, I would love to see Richardson keep up. But he will take a hit when Whiteside is back. How big is the question. 

1 minute ago, backyardballer said:

May result in lower usage but would imagine Whiteside's presence would give him better looks overall

That's what I was getting at. Every time I owned jrich, whiteside was healthy. Which is why I don't get why he plays/played bipolar when whiteside is healthy. 

2 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

It will DEFINITELY have an effect upon Whiteside's return, because:

1. Richardson's recent scoring picked up right when Whiteside went down.

2. In an interview that can be found online, Richardson has said "we have plenty of scorers on this team, I will step up when I am needed."

3. Whiteside playing a different position has less affect on Richardson's scoring than the usage rate. At the end of the day, it's about both players on the court at the same time and having only one basketball. 

As a Richardson owner, I would love to see Richardson keep up. But he will take a hit when Whiteside is back. How big is the question. 

Well said

5 minutes ago, OKCFan2005 said:

That's what I was getting at. Every time I owned jrich, whiteside was healthy. Which is why I don't get why he plays/played bipolar when whiteside is healthy. 

I just have to disagree with the usage thing. Do you guys actually watch Heat games?? Richardson is not a high usage player with or without Whiteside. Richardson usually gets his shots off passes from teammates where he is open. The only reason his shot attempts have gone up a smidge (2 shots per) during Whitesides injury is because J Rich is actually shooting better and has more confidence. With low usage guys like J Rich injuries to other guys never really matter to begin with as its all about them actually hitting shots. 

Edited by chud12