verismo

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, chud12 said:

 

I just have to disagree with the usage thing. Do you guys actually watch Heat games?? Richardson is not a high usage player with or without Whiteside. Richardson usually gets his shots off passes from teammates where he is open. The only reason his shot attempts have gone up a smidge (2 shots per) during Whitesides injury is because J Rich is actually shooting better and has more confidence. With low usage guys like J Rich injuries to other guys never really matter to begin with as its all about them actually hitting shots. 

Low Usage player?? This guy was one of the most hyped up guys pre-draft, gets 30+ minutes regularly, & he has spoelstra's "neon-green light". Like I said, glad he's doing well now but also glad he's not on my team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OKCFan2005 said:

Low Usage player?? This guy was one of the most hyped up guys pre-draft, gets 30+ minutes regularly, & he has spoelstra's "neon-green light". Like I said, glad he's doing well now but also glad he's not on my team 

 

Yes he is a low usage player. The high usage guys on that team are Waiters, Dragic and James John.

Edited by chud12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:

 

Yes he is a low usage player. The high usage guys on that team are Whiteside, Waiters, Dragic and James John.

Ok, I'll give you that one. Still, the minutes are there and he averages about 10 shouts a game.  "Mid-usage"player? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OKCFan2005 said:

 

Ok, I'll give you that one. Still, the minutes are there and he averages about 10 shouts a game.  "Mid-usage"player? 

 

Lets not get away from the original point. Whitesides return means zero for J Rich usage/fantasy value. If he starts shooting bad when Whiteside comes back so be it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Managed to trade J-Rich for (the perennially injured) Galo. But think it's going to get vetoed. 

J-Rich is still on my wire. I'm watching him, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, chud12 said:

 

I just have to disagree with the usage thing. Do you guys actually watch Heat games?? Richardson is not a high usage player with or without Whiteside. Richardson usually gets his shots off passes from teammates where he is open. The only reason his shot attempts have gone up a smidge (2 shots per) during Whitesides injury is because J Rich is actually shooting better and has more confidence. With low usage guys like J Rich injuries to other guys never really matter to begin with as its all about them actually hitting shots. 

 

This reasoning is flawed because Richardson's increased shot attempts does correlate with Whiteside's presence. Whiteside went out 11/30, do a quick comparison and you can see

 

Richardson with 10+ shots a game

Before 11/30- 7 out of 20 games

After 11/30- 4 out of 6 games (with one game at 9 shot attempts).

 

A key point here is the mentioning of his confidence. Richardson making more shots is a different variable than him "having the opportunity" to make those shots. If he has less shot attempts, which will be the Whiteside effect, then it WILL affect his stats. Will his stats go up if he confidence is high? Yes. But if he has less shot attempts, will it affect his stats? Also yes. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 points, 3 three's and 2 steals in the first quarter... 

 

jack nicholson yes GIF

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chud12 said:

11 points, 3 three's and 2 steals in the first quarter... 

 

jack nicholson yes GIF

 

 

11 points, 3 three's and 2 steals and it's now the 4th quarter....

 

:P

 

 

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

get buckets in the first 9 minutes, went scoreless for the next 20...ladies and gentlemen, Josh Richardson!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had 11 in the first quarter....then disappeared after that...the peripherals aren't there, there are better options on the wire. If his shot isn't hitting, he doesn't help your team much, other than steals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

He had 11 in the first quarter....then disappeared after that...the peripherals aren't there, there are better options on the wire. If his shot isn't hitting, he doesn't help your team much, other than steals. 

That's the problem, he was (for all his faults) projected to be a 1-1-1 (and on the plus side of all of those), so his value wasn't tied to scoring 16 - 20 pts every night. If he's only that later guy, then there's plenty of other options

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been excellent as of late, not looking at the gamelog but I'm pretty sure that's 6 good games in his last 7, that's all we could hope for. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Averages last 9 games:

 

14/3/2/1.1/0.7 with 2.2 threes on 54% shooting. 

 

I expect the stocks to get better than this as well. 

Edited by chud12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its safe 2 say J Rich is the asset people expected he would be when they drafted him, monster line incoming. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad that I trust him..'the good danny green' line incoming. He looks very confident at both ends. 

Edited by sickrookie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Less Waiters isos + JJ in / Winslow out of the starting line up = offense looks so much more fluid, more shots to get everyone going.

 

GJ Spo!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.