verismo

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, backyardballer said:

Think you’re looking at season averages rather than season totals.

For basketball you always look at per game averages instead of totals when looking at rankings and projections. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

For basketball you always look at per game averages instead of totals when looking at rankings and projections. 

Yeah I usually do last month average FWIW when I'm looking at players - just saying that could be why CP3, who missed a good chunk of the season but has amazing averages, would be ranked so highly.

3 hours ago, otac said:

Droped him a while back and felt so relieved. :D Duds are coming 

he might go into a slump again but Coach Spo wont stop giving him 30+ minutes. Been averaging 30 mins even when he scored 0. 

3 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

This is like when a nerdy guy who's hitting above his weight and dating a smokeshow (because she was pepped up on drugs for a while and wasnt her usual self), tries to tell convince himself that he's better off without her after she cheated on him once she came to her senses.

Unfortunately there's a lot of that around here, guys who know deep down they made a mistake, and then end up coming to threads trying to trash the guy to make themselves feel better. I did it with Donovan Mitchell for a while, until I realized I couldn't get away with it anymore.

well when I lost mitchell in Roto i just was flat out dissapointed I didn't have the power to look at his threads so I just shut up. But my memory might be cloudy but maybe we got this when Jokic was dropped, or when many missed on Nurkic going to portland.

4 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

he might go into a slump again but Coach Spo wont stop giving him 30+ minutes. Been averaging 30 mins even when he scored 0. 

well when I lost mitchell in Roto i just was flat out dissapointed I didn't have the power to look at his threads so I just shut up. But my memory might be cloudy but maybe we got this when Jokic was dropped, or when many missed on Nurkic going to portland.

haha no worries, I also haven't had the guts to click the Mitchell thread in months.

2 minutes ago, Xmantt said:

Eh. Let's see what happens when McGruder comes back in the next month or two. 

Non-Heat fans wouldn't know this, but he's one of our best defenders and a outstanding cutter. He will get his 25+ minutes on most nights. Which means it'll be a minutes stranglehold again, but J-Rich should still get his share. It's just something to put out there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Non-Heat fans wouldn't know this, but he's one of our best defenders and a outstanding cutter. He will get his 25+ minutes on most nights. Which means it'll be a minutes stranglehold again, but J-Rich should still get his share. It's just something to put out there.

A lot of guys on this team did not have any type of established role when McGruder was getting his run last year. To me, everyone already has there roles and I just can't see Spo cutting guys minutes for him. Especially when the guy you're talking about is coming off major surgery and hasn't played a game in 8 months. Established stars have trouble getting there minutes back when coming back from major surgery and you think strictly a role player who's best part of his game is defense is just going to start pressing guys minutes, I find that hard to believe. I have to admit I chuckled when I first read this

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

wow, didnt even know he's still with Miami. he was a pest on J.Rich's time last year. J.Rich is now that primary defender, maybe he'll get the nod, we'll see, thanks for that.

7 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Actually the more I read this it’s even more ridiculous.  McGruger stealing minutes from The main heat players lol come on now.  Are you a non J Rich owner trying to get us panicked??  Blasphemy. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Actually the more I read this it’s even more ridiculous.  McGruger stealing minutes from The main heat players lol come on now.  Are you a non J Rich owner trying to get us panicked??  Blasphemy. 

3f5qGM0.png

vRI8xif.png

:D

McGruger? If he cuts into Waiters, Dragic's PT, I'm happy. J-Rich can play 3 position. These two like to play hero ball and have been threat to JRich's shots. 

Anyone who dropped Jrich was totally justified in doing so. I don’t get the point in calling people out on that. He was negatively impacting teams for weeks.

i just couldn’t drop him due to what he’s done the past two fantasy playoffs. Hopefully his play is consistent. I have faith it is. 

Mcgruder is definitely a good player that Miami values. Keep in mind he was the expected starter before the injury. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i was one of the ones who dropped cause he put up goose eggs during that time and was hurting my team. i figured no one would pick him up if i dropped him anyways and i was right. i'm glad an injury to my team left my roster with an open space and i was able to pick him up before he blew up. now he just earned a permanent position and i'll have to look at dropping someone else once my injured guy returns. his potential for 1/1/1 has always been a roster staple. 

2 hours ago, brosephd said:

i was one of the ones who dropped cause he put up goose eggs during that time and was hurting my team. i figured no one would pick him up if i dropped him anyways and i was right. i'm glad an injury to my team left my roster with an open space and i was able to pick him up before he blew up. now he just earned a permanent position and i'll have to look at dropping someone else once my injured guy returns. his potential for 1/1/1 has always been a roster staple. 

i love 1/1/1 guys. they win fantasy championships. sooo sooo undervalued. 

20 minutes ago, GuruFantasy98 said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo i thought it would last foreverrrrr

good i hope he goes back to shootnig 1/11 every game

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, happymedium11 said:

i love 1/1/1 guys. they win fantasy championships. sooo sooo undervalued. 

wow using my phone and it didn't quote^^

15 hours ago, GuruFantasy98 said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo i thought it would last foreverrrrr

15 hours ago, JChan17 said:

good i hope he goes back to shootnig 1/11 every game

If you thought last night was a bad game then I'll definitely take it. 19 pts / 6 ast / 4 reb / 2 3pm on 40% against a good Boston defense? Yes please.

• Like 3

picked up gordon hayward (live in boston) just to occupy 1 of the 2 injury reserve spots. and with that i went over the 4 player add per week. wanted to pick up j rich. but too late argh

13 minutes ago, backyardballer said:

If you thought last night was a bad game then I'll definitely take it. 19 pts / 6 ast / 4 reb / 2 3pm on 40% against a good Boston defense? Yes please.

Amen

Guys the inevitable shooting slump will rear its ugly head, just don’t go dropping him this time.  We have seen his upside and not a lot of non star players can fill the stat sheet like he can. 

1 hour ago, j3rkthenurk said:

J Rich is in FA in my league.

What is the reason why he is doing so well recently?

Is it because someone is injured?

He's been doing well even when dragic and jj were playing, the points are up this week because those two are injured, but otherwise its his normal production. Also he has been averaging 30mins all season even without defensive stats and when he cant shoot the ball at the start of the season. Its not like he came out of nowhere playing 5 mins a game.

1 hour ago, j3rkthenurk said:

J Rich is in FA in my league.

What is the reason why he is doing so well recently?

Is it because someone is injured?

Picked up his shooting, but James Johnson, Dragic, and Whiteside are out. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hardyharhar said:

Picked up his shooting, but James Johnson, Dragic, and Whiteside are out. 

Don't expect him to keep up the scoring, but if he can shoot at a decent %, hit a couple treys, and give stocks that's all I can ask for. Anything else is extra from him.