verismo

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

Down shooting night, but the assists are awesome. I originally traded Dinwiddie and Draymond Green for John Wall to create space for Josh Richardson (he was on the wire at that time) because of the special stock stats that he accumulates, but the assists are a pleasant surprise. My assists have remained steady because of him. He's the 3rd best assists man on my team now. Remember back in November when his counting stats were non-existent? Good times!

Edited by trusthaprocess

On 12/14/2017 at 10:38 AM, trusthaprocess said:

He had 11 in the first quarter....then disappeared after that...the peripherals aren't there, there are better options on the wire. If his shot isn't hitting, he doesn't help your team much, other than steals. 

Boy was I wrong! Many of us on the forum were. He is for real, and we are witnessing a break out year from him. 

Seriously, can't believe this guy was on the WW just a month ago...expect him to finish strong this season.

• Like 1

Not involved at all as hes been standing in the corner most of the night, hopefully he has a big 2nd half. 

Guys, what you thought about his performance? 2-13 fg? I hope he gets it together, don't want to trade him and his stocks (would never drop)!

Not concerned - watched some of the game and looked like it was just an off shooting night as he had the opportunity and even the last shot. Didn't expect his FG% to remain so high as his hot stretch anyway. Peripheral stats were still there.

28 minutes ago, sickrookie said:

JRich is fantasy gold. He just provided a little bit of everything for my team. 

Hell of a coincidence. Just did the same for mine...:P

• Haha 2

No offense towards the dragon because he gives the Heat that spark like no other, but J-Rich is officially our best player. I feel good saying that.

• Like 4

This year's Covington with those stocks and 3s. Watching some of his games, he looks very poised with the ball, and finds the open man and shooters ( olynk & Ellington) well. He's amazing to have at the middle/ end of your lineup cuz he just does so much across the board. 

I am impressed with how he matured through the season. He doesnt force anything out there. He reeds the opposing defense so well, he never cared about his stats and now he seems pretty confident about his role and future in the organization. Few weeks ago i had offers for him and i had to consider if this guy is a sell high or not. I came to the conclusion he is not. The difference between him and RoCo is that J rich is not a streaky guy. I know he has been up and down (actually more like rock bottom and sky high top) but he is not a 3 and D guy like Ariza and Convigton, not anymore. Now that he is another playmaker (maybe the main playmaker) in this positionless Miami game style he shoots on the game flow and drive to the basket more. The decision making is there to stay and i dont expect this guy to shoot above 40% in a 4-5 games span, like ever again. 

• Like 1

This forum was the LOLZ when Richardson was struggling.  I have been holding this kid all season in a 14 team league and props to anyone else who stuck it out with him...he's been money the last 6-8 weeks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jmoney23 said:

This forum was the LOLZ when Richardson was struggling.  I have been holding this kid all season in a 14 team league and props to anyone else who stuck it out with him...he's been money the last 6-8 weeks.

I mean let's not go crazy with hindsight. I think 10-teamers had legitimate reason to drop him..he performed (really) well in small stretches thus far in his career but for a quarter this season, shot like <10ppg on 38% shooting and 2.2 turnovers. That's a fairly significant amount of time. In 12-teamers and deeper it's a little less forgiveable because of his upside, and he was still providing near triple 1's (3s, stls, blks).

With that said, I'm proud to say I held him through it and finally get to reap the benefits.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sarcastic said:

I mean let's not go crazy with hindsight. I think 10-teamers had legitimate reason to drop him..he performed (really) well in small stretches thus far in his career but for a quarter this season, shot like <10ppg on 38% shooting and 2.2 turnovers. That's a fairly significant amount of time. In 12-teamers and deeper it's a little less forgiveable because of his upside, and he was still providing near triple 1's (3s, stls, blks).

With that said, I'm proud to say I held him through it and finally get to reap the benefits.

Yeah, lets be fair. I am another owner who never even consider dropping him. However, lucky me, Jrich had his dark days when i was ranking at the top of my league so i had the luxury to wait for him no matter what. On the other hand, if i was struggling, i might h.... oh f--- that, i dont even want to imagine what i might have done...

1 hour ago, Sarcastic said:

Oh, in shallow leagues, I am a little more forgiving.  However, there were definitely people posting in deeper leagues thinking about (or actually dropping) him, which is just laughable, as he was still producing stocks and 3s even when his shooting/scoring were slumping.

i didnt drop him for donavan mitchell... then super regretted it. now it's not that bad. instead im upset i didn't drop taurean prince for mitchell early in the season. 

Most of the time the market is right, which is why true buy low / sell highs are so hard to come by. Maybe there will be a handful of true, worthwhile opportunities in a given season.

But damn if J-Rich doesn't top this year's list. You could have acquired him for a bag of balls in November.

he stole the ball from Ish but was called for a foul....and got a T. He was very pissed and almost got tossed.  

His defense is amazing. Will he get selected for the first-team all defense this season?