Rotoworld.com Forums

Josh Richardson 2017-2018 Outlook

I've been looking for the right predictive factor to determine his FG%. Here's what I've got:

His FG% is driven by his 3P%, which varies widely. IF he 1) Starts, and 2) Plays SG rather than SF, then he takes far FEWER 3P attempts (4.8 vs 6.7 3PA), and that raises his FG% to a more respectable 41%, vs. 36% if he starts at SF and 37% if he plays from the bench. This has something to do with jacking up 3 point shots from the SF position. He's better if he is NOT doing that.

http://www.espn.com/nba/players/splits05?playerId=2581190&sYear=2017&sType=1

We have very limited data from one season. His hot periods also were when Dion Waiters was down, so it's something to keep in mind. He was blazing hot to end the season, with a 46% FG%.

This preseason he was mostly at G, playing even PG with Dragic out. He was a respectable 44.6%, and took 4.2 3PA. That number of 3PA is exactly what we want. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He fits perfectly on my punt FG, FT, points, rebounds, assist and TO team.

I hope it's not serious as he clearly already has depth perception issues.

11 points, 3 three's and 2 steals and it's now the 4th quarter....      

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Pirate said:

I remember the hype was pretty big last season too. Will be interesting to see how he goes this season.

The preseason hype was justified last season also.  Injuries are what ruined his season last year.  When he finally got healthy and into a rhythm he was money down the stretch.

28 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

The preseason hype was justified last season also.  Injuries are what ruined his season last year.  When he finally got healthy and into a rhythm he was money down the stretch.

Finally 

I'm in a points league and not sold on this guy. could be wrong.

But he signed a 4 year, 42 million dollar deal. That's not that much money in basketball.

Plus he looks like he may miss opening game, not exactly a fountain of health

8 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

But he signed a 4 year, 42 million dollar deal. That's not that much money in basketball.

Where are you seeing this? I see nothing on Twitter.

14 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Complete fabrication? Link needed. 

9 minutes ago, theantishere said:

He hurt his ankle in practice per rotoworld.

Josh Richardson is expected to start on opening night against the Magic on Wednesday.
The injury to Rodney McGruder (leg) is a tough loss for the Heat. This isn't concrete news on Richardson getting the start, but every Heat beat reporter is expecting him to get the nod -- we're in agreement after his strong preseason and how he saw the vast majority of his minutes at the three last year. The Heat have been using Justise Winslow at the three slightly more these days, which could be a more viable play if they want to use Kelly Olynyk at the four. Regardless, Richardson's fantasy value continues to rise and he's now worth a pick in the middle rounds of standard drafts 

This is the last update I see from Rotoworld, 4 days ago.
Just now, lbjames6 said:

Josh Richardson is expected to start on opening night against the Magic on Wednesday.
The injury to Rodney McGruder (leg) is a tough loss for the Heat. This isn't concrete news on Richardson getting the start, but every Heat beat reporter is expecting him to get the nod -- we're in agreement after his strong preseason and how he saw the vast majority of his minutes at the three last year. The Heat have been using Justise Winslow at the three slightly more these days, which could be a more viable play if they want to use Kelly Olynyk at the four. Regardless, Richardson's fantasy value continues to rise and he's now worth a pick in the middle rounds of standard drafts 

This is the last update I see from Rotoworld, 4 days ago.

Ahh apologies. Thought I was in the Barton thread.

32 minutes ago, python3 said:

That last missed shot should be Winslow's.

I don't know what the f*** is up with the NBA statisticians this year...in the preseason they were giving the wrong stats and they're still doing it now. They eventually correct it but it's frustrating as an avid basketball watcher.