RedDogNamedClippers

Hassan Whiteside 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Whiteside is not dissapointing at all. Fantasy regular season, just like the real NBA regular season, is meaningless. All that matters is the playoffs, and Whiteside has shown that he can put up monster numbers. His bruise will heal in a few days, and he will go back to being a top5 fantasy center.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IsraeliPSYCHO said:

your fault for not knowing how to work around it 

Drop your first round pick and let me know how successfully you work around it.

Not sure if this is an Assistant coach forum question or this one but would you guys start Whiteside this week in weekly lineup leagues?

9 minutes ago, Packerguy55 said:

Not sure if this is an Assistant coach forum question or this one but would you guys start Whiteside this week in weekly lineup leagues?

No

3 hours ago, SheikYerbuti said:

Drop your first round pick and let me know how successfully you work around it.

Whiteside should not had been a first round pick in a 12 team league. Unless you're playing in a 16 team league, Whiteside should had been a second rounder. Having said that, it is indeed very tough to work around losing any of your top 4 picks in any competitive league.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, guess_wh0 said:

In seriousness though, bust usually refers to someone with high expectations who doesn't live up to the hype. Injuries can happen to anyone. Anthony Bennet is a Bust, Kwame Brown is a bust. I've never seen anyone call Yao Ming a bust. Secondly, even if you want to consider an injury a bust, its way too early in the season to label someone a bust. Even if you want to, there's much better candidates with long term injuries, season ending injuries to consider.

Lastly, if you're getting trashed in fantasy, its likely not just because of Whiteside., maybe your team is trash. A lot of Whiteside owners are doing just fine early in the season including me.

Anthony Bennett was a real-life bust but he was never fantasy bust because he was never even drafted at all in most fantasy leagues, at most he was a late-round flier.  Towards the end of Yao's career, I saw a ton of magazines list him under "busts" and "do not draft" because of his injury risk.  So clearly, some people do consider players busts in fantasy if they get injured.

FYI, I'm in second place without Whiteside, so I wouldn't call my team trash but it's still very frustrating having Whiteside for only one game so far.  I play in roto leagues, so, unlike head-to-head leagues, an injury at the beginning of the season hurts just as much as an injury at the end of the year.

56 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Whiteside should not had been a first round pick in a 12 team league. Unless you're playing in a 16 team league, Whiteside should had been a second rounder. 

We were discussing losing Josh Donaldson in baseball, who was a universal 1st round pick.  I actually got Whiteside at 3.1.

• Like 1

Hassan Whiteside (knee) is being listed as questionable for Wednesday's game against the Bulls.

Whiteside was a full participant during Monday morning's shootaround, and was able to get in some 2-on-2 and 3-on-3 work during Tuesday's light practice, so things are trending in a positive direction here. He'll be re-evaluated after Wednesday morning's shootaround, but if he is able to get back out there, Bam Adebayo would return to the bench and Kelly Olynyk could return to the first unit. Stay tuned.
  • Like 2

Hassan Whiteside (knee) went through shootaround and he will go through his pregame routine with the intention of playing Wednesday vs. Chicago.

Whiteside was also a full participant during Monday's shootaround, and got in some 2-on-2 and 3-on-3 work during Tuesday's practice, so all signs are pointing towards him getting back on the court tonight. However, it's worth noting that head coach Erik Spoelstra indicated that he'll be easing Whiteside back into things following his five-game absence, thus making him a somewhat less attractive target in daily leagues.
Nov 1 - 12:02 PM

Whiteside Wednesdays!

Edited by BetterCallHinkie
  • Thanks 1

Wow, first game back and he's already feasting. 

• Like 1

couldnt find anything on espn or here on whether he was for sure active and i checked right before games locked

i know it was 30 mins before his game but come on dangit, give me something so i coulda activated him for this game

sigh

On 10/30/2017 at 8:28 PM, SheikYerbuti said:

We were discussing losing Josh Donaldson in baseball, who was a universal 1st round pick.  I actually got Whiteside at 3.1.

Donaldson was a late first round pick and he still played over 2/3 of the season (113 games) and he was productive when he played (33 HR, 78 RBI, 65 R).  Donaldson missing a third of the year sucked for his fantasy owners, but, c'mon, there's been plenty of worse busts every year.

On the other hand, David Johnson was almost unanimous #1 overall pick, and he played one half of one game before he got injured for the season (very unlikely he returns this year).  It would be almost mathematically impossible for any player in any sport to ever be as big of a bust as David Johnson.

Whiteside a little sore but will play Friday. Question will be the minutes restriction at altitude.

he forget how to get reb?huh?

Edited by kane

On 11/3/2017 at 10:32 PM, kane said:

he forget how to get reb?huh?

It was a subpar game for his standard, no question.  However it was still a way better game than anything I ever got from Deywayne Dedmon who I was forced to start when Whiteside was injured, so as long as Whiteside is playing, I'm sure as heck not complaining.

6 hours ago, Boogie Buckets said:

Yeah 3 rebounds was very weird, I'm really gonna need a lot more from him today if I'm gonna win reb this week.

Other than the rebounds he was still pretty productive on Friday, and he's having a monster game today.  The only concern with Whiteside is/was his health.  Having your early round picks stay healthy is BY FAR the most important factor in fantasy leagues.

Edited by FootballFan101

Very solid all around line. I just traded for this guy and I'm excited to see more performance like this 

2 minutes ago, StickerHappy said:

Very solid all around line. I just traded for this guy and I'm excited to see more performance like this 

Yup,those 3 stls and 100%FT are sweet:wub: