Roto/11-teams/9cat

PG: Kyle Lowry, Ricky Rubio, Reggie Jackson, Derrick Rose
SG: Victor Oladipo, Avery Bradley, Kent Bazemore
SF: Kevin Durant, TJ Warren
PF: Paul Millsap, Serge Ibaka
C: Myles Turner, Pau Gasol

FAs: Enes Kanter, Seth Curry, Bojan Bogdanovic, Taj Gibson, J-Rich

Thoughts?

• Im new to this, so im guessing you are doing a Punt FG% build and Possibly TO's? So That leaves you with 7 other Cats - You could improve in 3's. But your Pts, Steals, Assists, Points, FT% look solid. I would look to move Bazemore and RJax (or Sell High when they perform) I really like J Rich to replace one of those players. 
23 minutes ago, jamaal99 said:
  • Im new to this, so im guessing you are doing a Punt FG% build and Possibly TO's? So That leaves you with 7 other Cats - You could improve in 3's. But your Pts, Steals, Assists, Points, FT% look solid. I would look to move Bazemore and RJax (or Sell High when they perform) I really like J Rich to replace one of those players. 

Nope im not really punting any category.

I took RJax and Kent really late 10/13th round, and ill sell high later on.

Very solid team, you've accumulated a lot of talent. Very balanced roster with guards and bigs. I think you did very well in your draft.  Only thing your team might struggle with is rebounds. I would try and do a 2 for 1 for a player like Rudy Gobert, you have the talent to do it. If you want a cheaper option I'd target Howard or Vucevic. 

5 minutes ago, chaiway said:

i don't think boards will be an issue but rather FG% even with Durant and Warren. Looking good, I wouldn't make any major trades just opportunistic as you go. 

Who's your first drop? Rose or Baze?

I wont be playing RJax and Baze for now, ill wait for them to get some value so i can sell high. 

Rose seems to be starting for the Cavs, and i really think he will put some nice value. %s, assists, low TO, points, and maybe a steal. I really think Lebron & co. will suit him.

Not bad. You might thinking about trading for another mid-level C, maybe a 2 for 1 with a pg giving away Pau. Someone more reliable than him would suit you. 2 of your 3 C's (Pau, Ibaka) are not known for their boards, and I see you lacking there since only KD is an above average rebounder at the other spots. Also, I think you will struggle with fg% since you have a lot of high volume chuckers and your bigs are not necessarily high % anchors. I would build off of KD's strength in that area and move some of your pgs. Personally I don't like the idea of holding Baze and RJ just to trade them off later. In roto, it's easy to fall behind quickly, especially in % cats, and you are still banking that they will play well enough to tempt anyone. Why not package them to get a better suited pg for your team while they have name recognition. My strategy in roto is to trade early and often. 

On 10/3/2017 at 3:54 PM, dekciw_1 said:

Roto/11-teams/9cat

PG: Kyle Lowry, Ricky Rubio, Reggie Jackson, Derrick Rose
SG: Victor Oladipo, Avery Bradley, Kent Bazemore
SF: Kevin Durant, TJ Warren
PF: Paul Millsap, Serge Ibaka
C: Myles Turner, Pau Gasol

FAs: Enes Kanter, Seth Curry, Bojan Bogdanovic, Taj Gibson, J-Rich

Thoughts?

I wouldn't cut Rose. People seem to forget he actually posted really decent FG% last year. I guess that 40% season is still fresh in people's minds. 
I like the idea of benching and selling high later on seeing as it's ROTO. Problem is you don't have anyone to drop if you want to add Seth or J-Rich. But I know from your response to my thread that I'm higher on Seth than you are lol!

Oh and sell high on Lowry during christmas/january before he inevitably falls of a cliff :P

All in all, great team with a little bit of weakness in 3PM!

Edited by Saltgurkan15
12 hours ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

I wouldn't cut Rose. People seem to forget he actually posted really decent FG% last year. I guess that 40% season is still fresh in people's minds. 
I like the idea of benching and selling high later on seeing as it's ROTO. Problem is you don't have anyone to drop if you want to add Seth or J-Rich. But I know from your response to my thread that I'm higher on Seth than you are lol!

Oh and sell high on Lowry during christmas/january before he inevitably falls of a cliff :P

All in all, great team with a little bit of weakness in 3PM!

I was thinking of adding Seth, but then he got injured. I guess i'll wait for something better to pop up.

You already posted your mentality, so I'll echo it--R-Jax and Baze should be sold immediately (then again, most savvy fantasy owners wouldn't bite especially considering you got them so late) for any semblance of value.  I actually value J Rich and Kanter over both considering I can't see anyone on your team reliably grabbing double-digit boards; J Rich is just good value (though he further crashes your FG%).  I'm STILL not high on Rose but he could have some nice trade value if he performs well with IT2 out and also due to name recognition (however, again, he's trade bait only, especially while healthy).

As everyone's said, look to improve your FG% through trade if/once you move the aforementioned players.  IMO that's your only weakness.  A rebounding, good-shooting big who can shoot FTs is a good idea.  Kanter fits that profile, right?  Maybe you can just package those other guys for a very slight upgrade and then take Kanter.

Also, I created a new topic for the one you helped me with.  No pressure or anything, but if you're bored, take a peak at mine?

Sorry for getting back to you so late, I was in class! 

I think you have a very solid and balanced team! It could probably use another big to help improve boards blocks and FG. I might consider dropping rose or even rjax for like jrich or kanter, gibson maybe too. I dont like rjax and rose has value until IT comes back

But overall your team is solid and balanced all around, FG could be a little low but other than that strong.