JMASTERJ

Malcolm Brogdon 2017-2018 Season Outlook

The reigning ROY, are we in for much more upside or will GA and KM steal most of his thunder all year?  Havent watched this dude much so not sure if he is enough of a Type-A to lead and take charge for his own stats, for us LOL

8 minutes ago, JMASTERJ said:

The reigning ROY, are we in for much more upside or will GA and KM steal most of his thunder all year?  Havent watched this dude much so not sure if he is enough of a Type-A to lead and take charge for his own stats, for us LOL

He may have been a rookie last year, but he'll be 25 years old in a couple of months. I wouldn't expect a whole lot of improvement from last year's numbers.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

He may have been a rookie last year, but he'll be 25 years old in a couple of months. I wouldn't expect a whole lot of improvement from last year's numbers.  

25 is generally the start of most NBA players's primes. Middleton's presence probably directly eats into some of Brogdon's stats, but I expect he continues to get better, and his playstyle won't be affected by a potential explosion by Giannis. He's valued appropriately.

I think EVERY player is different in when they mature, get more healthy, develop certain stats etc... some are great from the first 2 years and at 19 yrs old, and some not until mid 20's.  Not quite sure where I would rate Brogs yet, but if I still need a flyer in last couple of rounds.....

5 hours ago, Kaboom said:

In b4 the blurb :lol:

Malcolm Brogdon scored five points with one rebound, three assists and one 3-pointer in 19 minutes against the Pacers on Wednesday.

The reigning 2017 Rookie of the Year was one of the most NBA-ready rookies we've seen in some time, and he's also going to be 25 years old in December. That means his career arc probably won't change too much and his potential fantasy owners shouldn't be expecting him to make another leap. Still, he's a solid, high-floor guy to take late in your draft. Just don't expect him to be a league-winning draft pick for you.

Now that he's well and truly cemented his spot ahead of Delly, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't post better numbers than last season when he was in a timeshare for much of it.

Meh. I would get him in deep leagues with 14 or more teams but otherwise could be left on free agency. 

He is a servicble mercenary where if you are adding and dropping guys game to games he can be picked up and drop but I don't think he warrants a permennant roster spot. 

Edited by StarPig

His numbers will be pretty consistent.  14/3/5 with 1.5 threes 1 steal on excellent %'s.  8th round value is about right.  You can do worse if you need a third PG.

20 hours ago, c_dog said:

His numbers will be pretty consistent.  14/3/5 with 1.5 threes 1 steal on excellent %'s.  8th round value is about right.  You can do worse if you need a third PG.

I would like him to avg 14ppg but I'm feeling more towards 11ppg avg. someone say i'm gonna be wrong and show some work

6 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

I would like him to avg 14ppg but I'm feeling more towards 11ppg avg. someone say i'm gonna be wrong and show some work

He averaged around that as a rookie on a time share.  Pretty safe to say he will average over 11

• Like 1

Middleton and Parker are back and Giannis great workload. Tony Snell signed a big contract and Thon Maker is the Bucks Process.

The only reason he was the ROY was Embiid only played 31 games ;-) For me, Saric was better too.

Edited by FantasyEmpire

What's going on is giannis having the ball in his hands all the time ?

I'm having a hard time not to react. Wouldn't make sense to wave off bad performances in the preseason while at the same time getting excited when another player plays well - that would be a double standard 

2 hours ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

What's going on is giannis having the ball in his hands all the time ?

I'm having a hard time not to react. Wouldn't make sense to wave off bad performances in the preseason while at the same time getting excited when another player plays well - that would be a double standard 

Dont panik

Never seen any Kind of talent here 

He could lose his starting job early in the season

Edited by LosingEffort

On 10/4/2017 at 10:50 PM, Kaboom said:

In b4 the blurb :lol:

Malcolm Brogdon scored five points with one rebound, three assists and one 3-pointer in 19 minutes against the Pacers on Wednesday.

The reigning 2017 Rookie of the Year was one of the most NBA-ready rookies we've seen in some time, and he's also going to be 25 years old in December. That means his career arc probably won't change too much and his potential fantasy owners shouldn't be expecting him to make another leap. Still, he's a solid, high-floor guy to take late in your draft. Just don't expect him to be a league-winning draft pick for you.

This is BS advice and practically "bro science". No one is going to tell me that a player at 25 stops improving despite playing 82 games, and having multiple weekly practices. Repetition = experience = improvement. I remember hearing the same crap about Dame after his rookie season, and I'm pretty sure he has improved in droves since his rookie season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LosingEffort said:

Never seen any Kind of talent here 

He could lose his starting job early in the season

To whom? Dellavedova?

Lol people are really underrating this Bucks team.

Nobody is even recognizing that right now they're the ONLY team in the NBA building the anti-Warriors roster. They're still super young, but its no accident the Bucks have played the Warriors extremely well past few years. 

Brodgon is a 6-5 pg

Middleton is a 6-8 sg

Giannis is a 7 foot sf

Snell is a 6-7 sg

Thon is a 7 footer who can pop a 3 pointer

They just drafted DJ Wilson, 6-10 pf/c who runs the floor well, can block shots and can shoot 3 pointers, but he's still super raw. 

Bucks are building towards being an insanely good defensive team who are so long they can close out space faster than any other team in the NBA, and will be a serious problem for pace & space, even teams like the Warriors. But, the Warriors or any pace & space team will never be able to defend a team like the Bucks, Giannis is a scorer at the rim, and if Thon/DJ Wilson are centers who can pop 3's, they'll just be dragging the opposing center out to clear space for Giannis/Parker at the rim or in the midrange (where Parker is very good). 

Brogdon fits the profile so well for Bucks point guard, anyone suggesting he's going to lose his job do not understand the Bucks roster or what they're building at all. Brogdon isn't meant to be a ball handler with Giannis on the floor, he's there to be essentially a super long 3&D point guard who is also a solid ball handler as well. 

He's a solid bet for 14 points/game, and will get his minutes, zero concerns he's a nice player. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Lakers_Fan2 said:

Idk i certaintly think hes ownable but he has minimal upside w middelton healthy. Overprojected on bbm. 

Brogdon played better when Middleton was back in the lineup, his efficiency went way up, he got to the free throw line a lot more with Middleton in the lineup, and his points per game ticked up too, so wtf you talking about?

1 hour ago, Lakers_Fan2 said:

Idk i certaintly think hes ownable but he has minimal upside w middelton healthy. Overprojected on bbm. 

You might be right with Middleton and Parker, but since Middleton was out over half of last year and then when he came back Parker went down, we weren't able to tell.

We won't be able to tell this year, either, because now it's reversed.

1 hour ago, worldclass said:

Brogdon played better when Middleton was back in the lineup, his efficiency went way up, he got to the free throw line a lot more with Middleton in the lineup, and his points per game ticked up too, so wtf you talking about?

You mean middelton coming off a torn hammy who was clearly not completely himself and jabari out in the middle of the year. We will see but i see middeltons usage going up over what it was last year and giannis naturally going up.  Also when you wtf are you talking about what exactly are you referring to. Minimal upside? Did i say he was bad? I said minimal upside. Learn how to read.