JMASTERJ

Malcolm Brogdon 2017-2018 Season Outlook

9 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Can't either play the two? Bledsoe co existed with Dragic

Yea, can't Bledsoe displace Snell?

We forget Snell is a starter and actually getting more than 30 mins a game.

• Like 1

Kidd gives Snell crazy minutes. He actually shoots very well this season. This sucks for the former ROY. Brogdan may be their 6th man and plays SG with bucks second unit. 

Bledsoe & Brogdon owner here.  Feeling confident with them playing side-by-side or Brogdon excelling in the 2nd unit.

This is pretty disappointing for Brogdon owners but at least Kidd loves Brogdon and I see him playing both together as Brogdon can stretch the floor.  He won't be the top 65-ish kind of guy we've been seeing which is too bad because he was sneaky good.  Do not drop him.

If he is your PG1 I would be a little worried though.

1 hour ago, rookie11 said:

Bledsoe & Brogdon owner here.  Feeling confident with them playing side-by-side or Brogdon excelling in the 2nd unit.

Not a given.

Bledsoe might fit better there because he needs the ball in his hands.

Either way, both are going to get their minutes.

Bucks clearly love Brogdon. PT is not going to be an issue, Bledsoe or not. What helps him is his ability to play the 1 or the 2. Volume will go down obviously, but he'll still retain value and is an easy hold. 

I wouldn't worry too much about Brogdon's PT.  With the way the NBA is going with so few low post scorers, the Bucks could throw out a lineup of Bledsoe, Brogdon, Snell, Middleton, and Giannis, who are their 5 best currently healthy players.  Brogdon will get plenty of PT as that team has zero depth currently.

You all trippin if you think this wont affect brogdon pt. Your in denial. I shipped him for a week ago so glad I dodged a bullet. And when jabari get back thing will be worse as middle will play the 2 and jabari on 3

• Like 2

Even if/when Jabari is back they are not throwing him out there for 20+ mins right away.  If Brogdon doesn't stay with the starters he will get more usage in the 2nd unit,  which can be more beneficial.  Is it a hit to his value?  Yes.  Is it drop city?  No

Man, he was so consistent for me this season, I kind of hope they don't mess with the consistency and chemistry Brogdon's been bringing and maybe make Bledsoe a super-6th man.. doubtful though.

3 straight 20-point games. Averaging 16 ppg 5 assists 1 stl on 50%FG/46%T3/80%FT splits, this guy has been low-key balling and holding onto 5th round value in my leagues.. hoping this won't shake his confidence. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2017 at 10:30 PM, s-kayos said:

Man, he was so consistent for me this season, I kind of hope they don't mess with the consistency and chemistry Brogdon's been bringing and maybe make Bledsoe a super-6th man.. doubtful though.

3 straight 20-point games. Averaging 16 ppg 5 assists 1 stl on 50%FG/46%T3/80%FT splits, this guy has been low-key balling and holding onto 5th round value in my leagues.. hoping this won't shake his confidence. 

Same here. Brogdon was still available in the last round and I happily picked him up. Bledsoe's record of games played are:

66 ('16)

31 ('15)

81 ('14)

43 ('13)

Bledsoe coming off the bench is wishful thinking but, given his injury history, I expect we'll get to see Brogdon take hold of that opportunity. I'm eternally bummed that Bledsoe landed in MIL. Brogdon was looking great!

You guys need to wait to see how he actually splits the minutes before complaining, this could be a good thing. brogdon could still average 30+ minutes a game

32 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Kidd worst coach ever 

If I were Brogdon I'd demand to be traded 

Bucks don't deserve him

Right. A nice complementary player that plays well off of the superstar Greek Freak is in position to demand a trade....ok. He plays the 3rd role well. The Bucks deserve to do whatever they want with him on his rookie contract because they were the ones that identified his potential and drafted him in the second round. 

I don't own Brogdon or Bledsoe or any Bucks this year so I have no bias. Yes, Brogdon will be serviceable so he isn't a drop. But there is no way he holds his current value. When you project increased usage with the second unit you also have to understand that there are players from the first unit that will be staggered with the second unit. You have to project that those first unit players that sacrifice their usage with the starters will eat more with the second unit. So Brogdon isn't the only one that is going to eat. Yes, Greek gives them options for running small, but that comes with wear and tear that isn't sustainable for too many minutes. I don't really care about opposing bigs scoring on Greek, I only care about the damage to his body from banging in the paint. Running him at the 5 is doable, but it has downside. There is a reason why Melo, Lebron, and KD refused to play the 4 outside of the playoffs until the past couple years when the NBA transitioned to small ball over....the banging in the paint is not something wings that depend on athleticism want to do. 

Anyway, Bledsoe has every right to start. The Bucks have never had this talented of a roster. Bledsoe provides another valve to decrease pressure off of Greek and everything is based off of him because he changes the game for defenses. Everyone's usage suffers when a player like Bledsoe gets added to the mix and the subtraction is Monroe, but hopefully when the starters get in sync their efficiency increases to balance it out. Every "super team" has this. The super teams and players that can increase efficiency and defense are the ones that don't lose value. Everyone else loses value. Just the way it is until the NBA starts allowing offenses to use more than one ball at a time.  

54 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Kidd worst coach ever 

Bucks don't deserve him

If he values winning, which he seems like that kind of guy - why would he demand a trade?  They are in a better position to go further into the playoffs with Bledsoe.  Yes Brogdon will lose some usage, but he still should be an integral part of the team going forward. 

I do agree tho that Kidd is a horrible coach.

1 hour ago, LosingEffort said:

Kidd worst coach ever 

Bucks don't deserve him

This makes the most sense for them. Snell coming off the bench...who runs your offense?