JMASTERJ

Malcolm Brogdon 2017-2018 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jhsong916 said:

fantasy-head is surely a funny thing :)

 

Bledsoe is better than Brogdon, period.

 

the Bucks are actually 'winning' ball games due to Bledsoe's effort in the defensive end and his great leading skills. actually he got 6 steals tonight.

 

If you own Brogdon in your fantasy, well than I feel sorry for you. But don't rant around like a maniac spitting out invalid statements like it is a fact. It won't improve the situation, obviously.

 

If you don't like Brogdon's production, then just drop him or try to trade him away. It's fantasy for god sakes, these kind of things happen all the time.

Bucks are winning?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With that move they buried a player who was in confidence.. a young player, rookie od The year, a part o The franchise future 

For what? 

Bledsoe is not what they needed, the team seem not to be better... they needed a center or a shooter, not Bledsoe

Edited by LosingEffort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

Bucks are winning?

 

yes, they had a nice winning streak after his arrival. unfortunately they lost 2 in a row.

the Suns had to get rid of Bledsoe, the Bucks had to get rid of Monroe. simple as that, end of story.

 

and about the 'future of the franchise' thing. yeah Malcolm is a decent young player who has a future in the league..

of course he won the ROY last year, but you seriously think he will likely become 'future of the franchise'?

translation into fantasy terms, 'at least 3rd~4th round value' player?

 

there was a reason he got drafted in the 2nd round, he has holes in his game and showed his weaknesses even when he was rolling hot.

average-at-best athleticism, average-at-best perimeter defense against quicker guards, average ball handling, already 24 years of age etc.

 

yeah he might have stepped up this year but that is an 'assumption'. Bledsoe is only 27 years old and Malcolm's ceiling doesn't likely touch that of Bledsoe's

yeah you're right on the fact that the Bucks needed a center, but how the heck are they gonna get one using freakin' Monroe?

If you're on the opposing end of the trade, would you want to give up a center while receiving Monroe? for what?

and why would they want a shooter when they have Middleton. Bucks got a solid PG, maybe calling him a borderline all-star might be a stretch but someone will call him that. he is also going into his prime right now and the Bucks got him using only Monroe and a protected 1st round pick. I call that a 'bargain'

 

I know that Brogdon owners are, and rightfully should be disappointed about the recent turn of events. But let's be real, Brogdon is no Bledsoe. and if he was actually that good, he should be doing good even with the restricted minutes and role he is getting. talent doesn't lie.

 

Edited by jhsong916
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LosingEffort said:

With that move they buried a player who was in confidence.. a young player, rookie od The year, a part o The franchise future 

For what? 

Bledsoe is not what they needed, the team seem not to be better... they needed a center or a shooter, not Bledsoe

I don't think they care about your opinion more than they do about Gianni's opinion and he said he is really happy with the addition of Bledsoe. And you try keep your franchise player happy. You can go cry at some corner about fantasy, but if Brogdon is really good he has to find ways to help in real ball. If he is that sensitive that he goes 0 in 17 minutes because they got someome else then he ll never be good enough. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah thats right, being a part of the second unit means you are vsing the opponents second units. He should be able to but very solid lines up in the minutes he's getting in the 2nd unit. Will Barton is a solid example of the impact a quality 6th man can offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

fantasy-head is surely a funny thing :)

 

Bledsoe is better than Brogdon, period.

 

the Bucks are actually 'winning' ball games due to Bledsoe's effort in the defensive end and his great leading skills. actually he got 6 steals tonight.

 

If you own Brogdon in your fantasy, well than I feel sorry for you. But don't rant around like a maniac spitting out invalid statements like it is a fact. It won't improve the situation, obviously.

 

If you don't like Brogdon's production, then just drop him or try to trade him away. It's fantasy for god sakes, these kind of things happen all the time.

I bet that you are a Bledsoe owner, happy with Bledsoe finally playing. He is now the reason for the wins? Really? Are you aware that he is shooting 37% and that GA is shooting even worse because of him? It is pretty obvious that Bledsoe is not the right fit with GA. GA needs shooters. They are guarding Bledsoe like they are guarding Rubio and Rondo. Never knew that his shooting was this bad...

 

I mean this trade looks great on paper, but in reality it is a different story. Bledsoe could be great if you somehow manage to sway him from the belief that he is a superstar. But that is not happening. There is a very good reason why no other team wanted him.

 

No one here answered that. People are just defending him like crazy, happy that he will finally produce some stats... And of course others are unhappy because he destroyed Brogdons and weakened GAs value...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

I bet that you are a Bledsoe owner, happy with Bledsoe finally playing. He is now the reason for the wins? Really? Are you aware that he is shooting 37% and that GA is shooting even worse because of him? It is pretty obvious that Bledsoe is not the right fit with GA. GA needs shooters. They are guarding Bledsoe like they are guarding Rubio and Rondo. Never knew that his shooting was this bad...

 

I mean this trade looks great on paper, but in reality it is a different story. Bledsoe could be great if you somehow manage to sway him from the belief that he is a superstar. But that is not happening. There is a very good reason why no other team wanted him.

 

No one here answered that. People are just defending him like crazy, happy that he will finally produce some stats... And of course others are unhappy because he destroyed Brogdons and weakened GAs value...  

Finally a thinking mind in this topic

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I run 3 nba fantasy leagues this year, and tbh I don't own Bledsoe in any one of them. Well, don't own Brogdon in any one of them too. not even planning on getting them since I kinda dislike both of them as a fantasy asset. so I don't give a s_ about their fantasy value.

 

all things said. why don't you go and take a look at this piece of article and the stats they're presenting.

 

https://www.fanragsports.com/eric-bledsoe-already-proving-why-he-fits-with-bucks/

 

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/boeder-eric-bledsoe-effects/

 

Bledsoe simply plays better at the defensive end than Brogdon, he knows how to run the PnR play properly, he gives some breathing room for Giannis with his leading skills and lets the Bucks play different options at offense even when Giannis is off the court. I'm not saying that Brogdon is a 'bad' player, but the fact is 'what Brogdon can do, Bledsoe can do better(well except for that spot-up 3's)'

 

you're criticizing Bledsoe for his awful shooting, which is true 'at this moment' so I can't argue with that. But seriously, do you really wanna blame Giannis' awful shooting on Bledsoe? wow, just simply wow.

 

Yeah, and for the question you asked. why did other teams didn't want Bledsoe? 2 reasons.

 

1. Bledsoe earns 14mil this season and 15mil next season. money is always a factor and the amount of his contract is big enough to force a team to change their future plans. so it's not easy for teams to pick him up just because they want to. 

 

2. 'contending' teams right now mostly have decent enough PG's they can rely on. 'rebuilding' teams would rather have draft picks and would likely empty their salary caps throughout the process. Bledsoe's skill wasn't the factor, the situation in the market simply wasn't friendly for Bledsoe. think about this for a while.

 

and you asked why I'm "defending" Bledsoe? I'm not defending him. I'm just worried that people would get false information from this thread that Bledsoe is not a better player than Brogdon and he is unrighteously destroying his future. which is just WRONG.

 

I'm backing up my statement with actual analystical stats, evaluation from professionals and track records. would like the same from you 'thinking minds'

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow... I thought some of the other threads were dramatic.  This one may take the cake.  Some Brogdon owners are apparently delusional.

 

He was just dropped in my league and I think he's worth a claim but doing some research.  Chalmers seems like a better short term option so I will have to use another roster spot.  

 

I havent watched the Bucks play since the trade but early in the season Brogdon played very well and I think he should be able to adjust to his new role.  He will at least get the opportunity to do so. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, meteorya said:

It is Brogdon bad or Kidd now mess with PG position? G.Payton-II 15 min, Brogdon 18.

Kidd and the coaching staff is the one to blame for everything.

 

As someone who watches every bucks game and only has a vested interest in giannis, JH is completely right. That being said, bucks will continue to be a borderline .500 team even with bledsoe in the line up and it has nothing to do with whether or not he is a good fit. Fact of the matter is the defensive scheme is a complete joke and there is zero semblance of a good offensive system. 

 

Edited by taenggg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

I run 3 nba fantasy leagues this year, and tbh I don't own Bledsoe in any one of them. Well, don't own Brogdon in any one of them too. not even planning on getting them since I kinda dislike both of them as a fantasy asset. so I don't give a s_ about their fantasy value.

 

all things said. why don't you go and take a look at this piece of article and the stats they're presenting.

 

https://www.fanragsports.com/eric-bledsoe-already-proving-why-he-fits-with-bucks/

 

http://www.nba.com/bucks/features/boeder-eric-bledsoe-effects/

 

Bledsoe simply plays better at the defensive end than Brogdon, he knows how to run the PnR play properly, he gives some breathing room for Giannis with his leading skills and lets the Bucks play different options at offense even when Giannis is off the court. I'm not saying that Brogdon is a 'bad' player, but the fact is 'what Brogdon can do, Bledsoe can do better(well except for that spot-up 3's)'

 

you're criticizing Bledsoe for his awful shooting, which is true 'at this moment' so I can't argue with that. But seriously, do you really wanna blame Giannis' awful shooting on Bledsoe? wow, just simply wow.

 

Yeah, and for the question you asked. why did other teams didn't want Bledsoe? 2 reasons.

 

1. Bledsoe earns 14mil this season and 15mil next season. money is always a factor and the amount of his contract is big enough to force a team to change their future plans. so it's not easy for teams to pick him up just because they want to. 

 

2. 'contending' teams right now mostly have decent enough PG's they can rely on. 'rebuilding' teams would rather have draft picks and would likely empty their salary caps throughout the process. Bledsoe's skill wasn't the factor, the situation in the market simply wasn't friendly for Bledsoe. think about this for a while.

 

and you asked why I'm "defending" Bledsoe? I'm not defending him. I'm just worried that people would get false information from this thread that Bledsoe is not a better player than Brogdon and he is unrighteously destroying his future. which is just WRONG.

 

I'm backing up my statement with actual analystical stats, evaluation from professionals and track records. would like the same from you 'thinking minds'

I have to admit, that was very well written.

 

 Also we’ll have to agree to disagree. I didn’t read the post you linked, I’ll get to why a bit later. AS for professionals point you were trying to make, TV professionals  are mostly there for the show and laughs that is why many retired players become “so called professionals”, just because you played the game doesn’t mean that you will make a good analytic, this is especially true for centers. We could speak about this for days, but that is not the topic here.  As for internet “professionals”, also I cannot give them any credit; they need people to read their news so they will write whatever is popular at the moment.

 

 For example I opened one of the articles you listed, and the first thing I saw was a clip, of Bledsoe giving an UP to GA, with a comment “and they didn’t have one practice together”. Don’t you see how idiotic this sham is? That is your “professional writing”. This alone proves my point, the author just wanted to write something no matter how stupid and most people wouldn’t even think about it. They’ll see a nice move and believe everything you say afterwards., I was surprised that GA made that, but I tend to forget how athletic he is, but that play doesn’t have a thing to do with Bledsoe any player could’ve made that pass.  People tend to forget that that so called “professionals” are people just like you and me, they are not to be trusted at all costs.

 

Now to answer your 2 reasons. I’ll answer both in one.

 

1)      This might be true, I am not familiar with money in the NBA, but it is hard to believe that many teams would refuse to acquire Bledsoe basically for free just because of money. He is not that old and as many people here claim, he is an amazing player. So why they didn’t try acquire him. Denver, SA, LAC, NY, ORL all do not have great point guards, so it is really hard for me to believe that they refused the acquisition of Bledsoe just because of money. More logical explanation is that they didn’t want Bledsoe because he would smother Jokic, Porzingis, Payton... And for the LAC and SA he just wasn’t the right fit. I didn’t check about the salary and I do apologize if all these teams couldn’t acquire him because of that.  If they could but they choose not to then my point stands.

 

Who said that Brogdon is currently better than Bledsoe? And it is certainly not Bledsoe’s fault that Brogdon is suffocating at the moment. But the question is will the acquisition of Bledsoe make this team better? Or if you are unsure about this, will this trade make them contenders in this or years to come?

The answer to both of these question for me is NO.  Because Bledsoe is not the right fit, and it is already showing. I don’t remember GA shooting this poorly in a long time, and yes I blame it on Bledsoe. None of the current players and analytics want to talk about this, and of course GA will say that he is happy with Bledsoe, but if you played ball you will understand my next point.

 

You know how you play with your team, and everyone knows what they are doing and suddenly a new player shows up. He is not bad actually you can say that he is good, but something is missing. Nobody knows what to do anymore. Then you start talking with other players, If only he would understand that he is not that great then we could be so much better. But that rarely happens. And here it is the same, Kidd is not allowed to bench Bledsoe because of “I don’t wanna be here” thing.  If you watched them against Dallas, there was a period when Bledsoe missed 3-4 open shoots in a row, he was left completely unguarded, but there was no substitution. That was an easy call, bring Brogdon in, he might make something and at least he would have to be guarded.

 

Now I do not claim to be an expert and I will admit that most of my writing was BS if proven so. But what they are doing with Brogdon is simply wrong. I’d understand if they were contending, but that is not the case. In my opinion they need players like Ariza, Lord Cov... Open the floor for GA, and strengthen your defense, some good center would be nice too. Bledsoe wasn’t the right move, and I’ll have proof in the years to come.

Edited by AomineDaiki05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

geez some posts ive read just make me question what logic even means anymore

 

brogdon is a huge downgrade from what he has been accept it, dude is not a great nba player, hes a solid player for sure but will never be a star or even a 2nd fiddle type of player on a WINNING team

 

other than that not sure why bledose vs brogdon is even brought up, one is clearly better is every facet including just pure skill and athleticism so dont waste your breathe or time debating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

I have to admit, that was very well written.

 

 Also we’ll have to agree to disagree. I didn’t read the post you linked, I’ll get to why a bit later. AS for professionals point you were trying to make, TV professionals  are mostly there for the show and laughs that is why many retired players become “so called professionals”, just because you played the game doesn’t mean that you will make a good analytic, this is especially true for centers. We could speak about this for days, but that is not the topic here.  As for internet “professionals”, also I cannot give them any credit; they need people to read their news so they will write whatever is popular at the moment.

 

 For example I opened one of the articles you listed, and the first thing I saw was a clip, of Bledsoe giving an UP to GA, with a comment “and they didn’t have one practice together”. Don’t you see how idiotic this sham is? That is your “professional writing”. This alone proves my point, the author just wanted to write something no matter how stupid and most people wouldn’t even think about it. They’ll see a nice move and believe everything you say afterwards., I was surprised that GA made that, but I tend to forget how athletic he is, but that play doesn’t have a thing to do with Bledsoe any player could’ve made that pass.  People tend to forget that that so called “professionals” are people just like you and me, they are not to be trusted at all costs.

 

Now to answer your 2 reasons. I’ll answer both in one.

 

1)      This might be true, I am not familiar with money in the NBA, but it is hard to believe that many teams would refuse to acquire Bledsoe basically for free just because of money. He is not that old and as many people here claim, he is an amazing player. So why they didn’t try acquire him. Denver, SA, LAC, NY, ORL all do not have great point guards, so it is really hard for me to believe that they refused the acquisition of Bledsoe just because of money. More logical explanation is that they didn’t want Bledsoe because he would smother Jokic, Porzingis, Payton... And for the LAC and SA he just wasn’t the right fit. I didn’t check about the salary and I do apologize if all these teams couldn’t acquire him because of that.  If they could but they choose not to then my point stands.

 

Who said that Brogdon is currently better than Bledsoe? And it is certainly not Bledsoe’s fault that Brogdon is suffocating at the moment. But the question is will the acquisition of Bledsoe make this team better? Or if you are unsure about this, will this trade make them contenders in this or years to come?

The answer to both of these question for me is NO.  Because Bledsoe is not the right fit, and it is already showing. I don’t remember GA shooting this poorly in a long time, and yes I blame it on Bledsoe. None of the current players and analytics want to talk about this, and of course GA will say that he is happy with Bledsoe, but if you played ball you will understand my next point.

 

You know how you play with your team, and everyone knows what they are doing and suddenly a new player shows up. He is not bad actually you can say that he is good, but something is missing. Nobody knows what to do anymore. Then you start talking with other players, If only he would understand that he is not that great then we could be so much better. But that rarely happens. And here it is the same, Kidd is not allowed to bench Bledsoe because of “I don’t wanna be here” thing.  If you watched them against Dallas, there was a period when Bledsoe missed 3-4 open shoots in a row, he was left completely unguarded, but there was no substitution. That was an easy call, bring Brogdon in, he might make something and at least he would have to be guarded.

 

Now I do not claim to be an expert and I will admit that most of my writing was BS if proven so. But what they are doing with Brogdon is simply wrong. I’d understand if they were contending, but that is not the case. In my opinion they need players like Ariza, Lord Cov... Open the floor for GA, and strengthen your defense, some good center would be nice too. Bledsoe wasn’t the right move, and I’ll have proof in the years to come.

 

"blesdoe isnt a great fit because i have brogdon on my team and i want him to be successful to help my fantasy team"

 

you wrote a whole lotta nothing and your analysis is completely off base. 

 

the team sucks because the OFFENSIVE SYSTEM IS HORRIBLE. THE DEFENSIVE SYSTEM IS HORRIBLE. they aren't playing well with bledsoe in the lineup and they sure as hell aren't/weren't winning with brogdon as the starting guard. 

 

jesus christ

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, taenggg said:

 

"blesdoe isnt a great fit because i have brogdon on my team and i want him to be successful to help my fantasy team"

 

you wrote a whole lotta nothing and your analysis is completely off base. 

 

the team sucks because the OFFENSIVE SYSTEM IS HORRIBLE. THE DEFENSIVE SYSTEM IS HORRIBLE. they aren't playing well with bledsoe in the lineup and they sure as hell aren't/weren't winning with brogdon as the starting guard. 

 

jesus christ

 

 

Don't have Brogdon, so your argument is invalid... And you obviusly didn't understand a thing I wrote. You probably aren't the brightest guy out there. 

 

jesus christ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this nonsense and they are 4-2 post Bledsoe trade, imagine what we would read if they were for example 4-6. Ahhh that's right they were 4-6 pre Bledsoe. If you disagree that the LOSING Bucks (with no cap space for free agents) had to bring Bledsoe for this price tag then you don't know what you are talking about. Success or no success they had to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, taenggg said:
meteorya said:

It is Brogdon bad or Kidd now mess with PG position? G.Payton-II 15 min, Brogdon 18.

Now I see Kidd actually miss that game, because of baby born. That reputation ))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hunter Cat said:

Brogdon owners has caused people to think malcolm brogdon is better than eric bledsoe .. what a world we live in 

 

FTFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RipCity0 said:

All this nonsense and they are 4-2 post Bledsoe trade, imagine what we would read if they were for example 4-6. Ahhh that's right they were 4-6 pre Bledsoe. If you disagree that the LOSING Bucks (with no cap space for free agents) had to bring Bledsoe for this price tag then you don't know what you are talking about. Success or no success they had to do it. 

 

Fantasy really has been clouding their reality. I really wonder if prior to this trade they were Bledsoe fans or people that had owned Bledsoe in the past. Because I like Brogdon but he has been talked about on here like he is Kyrie and Bledsoe is Matthew Dellavedova.

 

Take fantasy out of it, there would be no way if you asked them three months ago that they would really believe that

 

A: Brogdon is a better player than Bledsoe.

 

B: A non-lottery first round pick, second round pick, and essentially a salary dump for a borderline all-star is not a great deal for the team that gets the borderline all-star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...