JMASTERJ

James Johnson 2017-2018 Season Outlook

how does the team being at full strength make him shoot worse? use your brain lol. it's a cold stretch. you really think a career 48% shooter is now this bad because the players around him got better?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

how does the team being at full strength make him shoot worse? use your brain lol. it's a cold stretch. you really think a career 48% shooter is now this bad because the players around him got better?

Yes because he was just fluky last year...this is how he actually plays...just as straight trash

43 minutes ago, JChan17 said:

Yes because he was just fluky last year...this is how he actually plays...just as straight trash

damn 6 rebounds and 6 assists. screams fluke to me

2 minutes ago, hardyharhar said:

damn 6 rebounds and 6 assists. screams fluke to me

thats not my issues with him its his consistency in fg % and FT % lately.. can't wait till he snaps out of it

Not a bad line, what is holding JJ back right now is his efficiency. I shooting slump doesn't warrant this much hate. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, chud12 said:

Not a bad line, what is holding JJ back right now is his efficiency. I shooting slump doesn't warrant this much hate. 

Someone in my league cut him today, I placed a waiver claim for him. Hopefully I claim him. He helps in multiple cats, and is an even better fantasy asset punting TO's, which I'm doing. I tried to draft him in the 9th round, but was beaten to the punch. Now I get my chance to add him. He'll get over his shooting slump eventually. 

On 1/15/2018 at 3:24 PM, Bugs bunny said:

I know.  These boards are just terrible this year.  Football was bad but Basketball is absolutely atrocious.  Ive basically given up with these boards. 

A lot of rooks on here, but a lot of veterans, too. I am in between; not a veteran, but I'm not a rook either. I enjoy getting comments and feedback from expert owners here, but yeah, you can easily see who is a rookie here. 

19 hours ago, hardyharhar said:

I'm glad people are overreacting about him. I'd gladly take him based on the fact that he got 1/1/1 last year. I'm hoping I win my waiver claim on him! 

59 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

Someone in my league cut him today, I placed a waiver claim for him. Hopefully I claim him. He helps in multiple cats, and is an even better fantasy asset punting TO's, which I'm doing. I tried to draft him in the 9th round, but was beaten to the punch. Now I get my chance to add him. He'll get over his shooting slump eventually. 

WOW lucky you, i wish i can find guys like that on my WW, i drafted him in the 11th so cant complain haha

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

I'm glad people are overreacting about him. I'd gladly take him based on the fact that he got 1/1/1 last year. I'm hoping I win my waiver claim on him! 

I could pick him up right now him or Avery Bradley... But in a Punt points and 3's does JJ really help? Hmm.

7 hours ago, Panic said:

WOW lucky you, i wish i can find guys like that on my WW, i drafted him in the 11th so cant complain haha

He was drafted in the 9th in my league, and his owner cut him to make room for James Harden's return...he must have been frustrated with his recent slump, but I was very high on him heading into the year. I love stat stuffers like him, with a high FG% to boot. I knew I was going to punt TO's heading into the year, so he became even more enticing to me. Now I get another shot at him. 

4 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

He was drafted in the 9th in my league, and his owner cut him to make room for James Harden's return...he must have been frustrated with his recent slump, but I was very high on him heading into the year. I love stat stuffers like him, with a high FG% to boot. I knew I was going to punt TO's heading into the year, so he became even more enticing to me. Now I get another shot at him. 

Goddamn. I don't know if I drafted him too early or what. I got him 7th round (12 team). I may have been able to wait a couple more rounds, but I had JJ last year so I knew how good he was. Problem was I thought everyone else did too lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hardyharhar said:

Goddamn. I don't know if I drafted him too early or what. I got him 7th round (12 team). I may have been able to wait a couple more rounds, but I had JJ last year so I knew how good he was. Problem was I thought everyone else did too lol

I took him 6th round as a slight reach (I'm 1st pick so it was my 6th - 7th - if I don't take him there he doesn't drop back). He's been my most disappointing pick so far in my top 10 picks (everyone has panned out above and beyond where I picked them in these rounds with his exception). 

I think what hurts him this year have been various factors: a few missed games due to injury, Dion Waiters hogging the ball for most of the season prior to going down, the emergence of Josh Richardson, Winslow being back in the lineup and logging heavy minutes before succumbing to injury, and Olynyk / Adebayo becoming a regular part of the rotation.

He was used prominently in a high usage point forward role last year, and this year his shot has been off compared to last season and he's not handling as much as he did. 

He's sort of like a poor man's Ben Simmons/Batum now, he brings goodies from time to time and boards / assists, but he's hurting as much as he's helping.

I hope he gets it turned around in the second half, I'll hang onto him because he still gives me good assists from that position.. just don't expect miracles.

• Like 3

The only difference from last year to this point is his stocks have not been consistent at all, hope that turns around soon. 

• Like 1

My man! Great night to own both Batum and Johnson haha. Dragic being out definitely had something to do with the awesome line but things are looking up 

So glad that two of my players (JJ and Cov) in terrible slumps are finally picking it up. Dragic being gone and the tasty matchup could be a factor, but I hope this is a good sign for the future games.

On 1/18/2018 at 1:26 PM, trusthaprocess said:

I got him. Last night’s game was encouraging, hopefully he keeps ballin!

What is everyone's view of him so far? His thread is one of the most controversial I've seen. He has his haters and lovers. This is my 1st time owning him, so I'm curious on everyone's take on him. Kawhi is out, I view him as a player that can help replace him a bit, minus the scoring and FT%. 

10 minutes ago, trusthaprocess said:

What is everyone's view of him so far? His thread is one of the most controversial I've seen. He has his haters and lovers. This is my 1st time owning him, so I'm curious on everyone's take on him. Kawhi is out, I view him as a player that can help replace him a bit, minus the scoring and FT%. 

JJ doesn't hurt you anywhere (except his recent stretch which is unusual) hes a 12/5/5/1/1 type guy with 45% FG. i like guys that will give me a bit of everything for my support players like JJ ,

• Like 1